Im guessing its a UH-1Y/ AB412, but the gunrack looks a bit different from the marine version.

Also is that desert camo?, it looks more like acu or something even more blue to me, new equipment for the marines?

The ORBAT wil need some refinement.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Military_Forces#Royal_Army_Corps_Sahrani_.28RACS.29

looking good there. so are the desert units still going to be the same pbo file or a new one entirely? still kinda of cautious due to the lack of african faces (still using the previous release version before the November update.)

wish i could get a closer look at that camo. not sure if i see green on it or it's the screen edit.

looking foward to more updates

Edited by M3Luck3yCharms

First time I hear of this kind of M60 tank. Very interesting idea, as it reminds me of these little plastic toy tanks where you could unscrew the turret and place it on another hull.

More accurately referred to as the M60-120S. ...from:

http://www.patton-mania.com/M60_Patton/m60_patton.html

M60-2000

General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) developed the new version of the M60, the M60-2000, for export. The M60-2000 MBT has been marketed for several years and a number of countries in NATO and the Middle East were briefed on the vehicle. Following customer feedback, detailed engineering work was carried out and in December 2000 GDLS decided to build a functional prototype.

The General Dynamics 120S is an upgrade of the M60 tank. The 120 in the designation represents the 120mm smoothbore gun and the S stands for speed and survivability. The earlier M60-2000 designation is no longer considered relevant as so much of the MBT is new.

The 120S is a unique product that integrates the M1A1 120-mm turret, equipped with a 240X4 Forward Looking Infrared Radar (FLIR), onto a fully modernized M60 chassis. The turret is protected with the latest armor, which was successfully demonstrated to the Turkish Main Battle Tank Committee. The 120S chassis includes an M1A1 suspension system, giving the tank greatly improved cross-country mobility and a stable base for fire-on-the-move accuracy similar to the Abrams tank. The new 120S is fully functional, ready to accept a powerpack of the customer’s choice. To achieve mobility similar to an M1A2 Abrams tank, a 1200-horsepower AVDS-1790-9A engine is available. The upgraded AVDS-1790-9A 1200HP diesel is similar to that used on the M88A2 and Merkava vehicles. The engine is mated to M1 Allison X-1100-5 transmission and Abrams final drives. However, other propulsion options are also possible.

The 120S makes existing M60 fleets relevant by increasing their capability to close to that of the M1A1 Abrams tank’s performance at half the price. Also of significance is the fact that the 120S upgrade components are in production with logistical and operational support readily available through the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps. The 120S offers a pragmatic approach to potential customers.

The first potential customer was Turkey. General Dynamics Land Systems has offered to build a prototype of its proposed M60-2000 upgrade of the M60A3 main battle tank to be evaluated by Egypt.

On 27 September 2001, General Dynamics introduced its 120S Main Battle Tank during the opening ceremonies at IDEF 2001 in Ankara, Turkey. General Dynamics Land Systems rolled out a fully functional prototype of its 120S main battle tank (MBT) at its Detroit facility in early August 2001.

General Dynamics engineering shop produced a first phase prototype vehicle. It had a M1A1 functional turret and suspension system with the M1 gear box, hydraulic pump and M1A1 slip ring. The hull has adapters fitted so the M1A1 rotary shock absorbers, torsions bars and T-158 track can be used. Hull sides had M1A1-like sponsons and ballistic side skirts.

Nice to see the M60 -2000 making an return :)

I want to thank you lads for doing such an excellent job with PRACS, I was wondering, if perhaps Project RACS Takistani Extension will have any modifications in the next release? I was wondering about the BMP-1 that you find at Takistan Army Armor, it got just one AT3-Sagger/Malyutka ammunition, and it is some issue with the crew of only two if one try to get crewmen enter the vehicle via Get In Nearest, you only get two men to crew it, the third seems to jump out after it moves ahead. Idk why? Idk if this is Vilas excellent BMP-1 model that is used or if its a stand-alone, Vilas BMP-1 that one can find at CDF Independent seems to got it right if one use his cold war extension. Perhaps this can be looked into? I am a BMP-1 nerd I know, any answer to this would be most satisfactory. Again thank you guys, I love your stuff.

Hey, i'm currently making a @RACS addon for Major Sheperds @LEA Loadout editor tool, so people can give themselves RACS weapons and equipment with this tool if enabled, I already have all the weapons & magazines inside, and i'm currently on the backpacks. I took the classlist from your .xls sheet on pracs.rkslstudios.com. However, i'm still searching for how many slots each of this packpacks have. Could anyone be so kind and tell me which pack has which slot amount? If you cannot be bothered, i could also cut open the .pbo and check inside how many slots they have. (The pbo will NOT be edited or altered any way, i'll jsut open it to check the slots) if you can give me your permission to do so. The finished loadout will be uplaoded in this topic, and with your permission i can give it over to the SoE team for a release.

I have no issues with you opening the PBO to get information for your plug in.

The info you are looking for is in the pracs_weapons.pbo

You may want to wait for me to finish the last update. There are alot of new backpacks and edits for the old ones in the update.

please do not edit, repackage or redistribute my configs. all the language in the EULA is to stop redistribution and prevent multiple packages and edits out there.

Thank you, i'll cut it up and check out which pack has got which slot - after the next update. Thank you for the reply, and i'll not edit anything, it's just to see what is inside, won't be repacked or anything.

############

Something i jsut noticed, regarding the capability of Vanilla-Unit-Abilities. I noticed that Engineers can repair vehicles, medics can Heal and all that. But 'Spec Ops' cannot hide dead bodies. Afaik, just like the config values to enable a unit to heal, repair vehicles ect. you should be able - via a simple value in the config - to give certain units the ability to hide a body. I'd like to suggest you to enable all stealth/recon spec-ops of the RACS to do so. (namely: Royal Commandos, Army Recon, the Recon units of the Royal Marines.) Other Specops, such as the royal fusiliers which mainly appear in open battle should not be able to do so. So, maybe the 2nd paratroopers division 'Pathfinders', but not the regular paras. Would this be O.K. for you to do? if so, would add a great immersion, especially for stealthy behind-the-lines scenarios in taksitan with the awesome Royal Commandos.

Edited by Elena

I know this is Project: RACS, and not Project: Takistan, but are the Takistani Opfor also getting new hardware again, alongside with the expanded RACS? And thank you kindly for answering if you do. :-) It's a great mod, and thanks for all the releases so far.

I know this is Project: RACS' date=' and not Project: Takistan, but are the Takistani Opfor also getting new hardware again, alongside with the expanded RACS? And thank you kindly for answering if you do. :-) It's a great mod, and thanks for all the releases so far.[/quote']

The TK extension has gone thru alot of changes, updates, and fixes. The F-5 will be the only newly available content as far as i can remember.

Another idea besides my post above - when you play as Team Razor, or Force Recon you'll notice they speak english on the radio, but they know how to speak Chenarussian, so they can communicate with the civs. Also, the BIS US Army hast got translators infantry which speak both english and taki. So, we knoe it's possible within the game mechanics. In the same mission i wished for a Hide body function for the mentionned specops, i also noticed your commandos cannot speak any language other than english. Which they should be able to, as specops. I was suggesting to enable them to speal foreign languages next to their default radio english, so they can comunicaze with civilians and question enemy soldiers they have taken captive. The Royal Marines Recon/Pathfinders should be able to speak chenarussian, the Army Recon guys could speak takistani, while the royal commandos could know both. Please consider adding this as - just like enabeling hidebody - it's a rather quick config tweak, but will add a lot to these units, for both recon and behind-enemy-lines ops.

The TK extension has gone thru alot of changes, updates, and fixes. The F-5 will be the only newly available content as far as i can remember.

Thanks for this info wld, as a fan of the extension its nice to hear that it got touched as well.

I enjoy this mod. It is truly great in in armaverse canon. Thanks for the good work!

will the LAV-150 commando and M113 IFV be able to carry passengers with this update?

certain vehicles like the M113 IFV are unable to carry passengers because of firepower updates. These would require ammunition storage racks and locations for pumps, hoses, hydraulics, electrical, etc. I removed the cargo carrying ability to coincide with that.

I apologize for the question. Modes in which the readiness? I mean the final version.

I apologize for the question. Modes in which the readiness? I mean the final version.

Please do not ask for ETA, not only not in here but generally. If such info is available, you usually find it in the opening post as those are usually updated accordingly. If no ETA is given, it is meant to be released "when it's done", not a minute earlier.