Stand by,

i took it off the FTP in preparation of releasing the final.

Awesome! Can't wait to get a chance to play it.

I always followed PRACS back when i played ARMA2 a lot, but stopped playing before it was released.

Glad to see i can finally catch up.

Heya :) So much lookign forward to my favourite Airplane finally in ArmA 2.

One question though - will the map (sahrani) be included in your next release? If not, i better start loading CAA1, that will take a day or so for me at the moment. Or, is there even another possibility to port over the sahrani map from A1 to A2 by simply dragging the correct .pbo files? I though i have read something along these lines, but i'm not 100% sure where, and how it works. Or, simply, you managed to include the map in the next version & i'll be quiet and happy :D

Stand by,

i took it off the FTP in preparation of releasing the final.

Great news! Looking forward to it :)

Edited by Lt_Phoenix
Spelling

An Addition to my previous Post:

I have scanned through the thread here, and came across the F18-Debate. As far as if have understood, you, wld, did not want to release the F18 since it had so many 'fans' that you were afraid someone who just wanted a normal US-Airforce/Navy F18 would simply steal it from your mod, reskin it and release it or use it as a ripoff. I support you in this point to 100%, and agree that under these circumstances, i wouldn't have released the f18.

But now, a decent amout of time later, you maybe should rethink this. There are 2 f18 mods out there, the one Meatball made, and JohnSpartan made a port of Franzes A1 Version f18, the very same you have in RACS, just with US Navy livery and so on. So, honestly, i don't think anyone would attempt to rip apart your F18, if he already has a much lighter download with only this f18 and the correct US Navy texture already avaliable. I just don't think anyone would try to rip off your work under these circumstances. And i'm quite sure, many fellow RACS-Players (and i count myself in, even though i know your mod since like 3 weeks, i played it every single day a few hours at least and love every detail about it) would love the opportunity to fly a RACS-F18 because this just fits so perfect to other RACS equipment, and in the current state (Empty JohnSpartan F18-E & RACS pilot MoveInDriver) it's just niot that immersive to have tons or RACS-Camouflaged airplanes, but the F18 are navy grey with US livery.

Please, if the fear of a ripoff was your only hesitation to release this aweosme F18, just think about it one more time. I'm quite sure there is nothing for you to fear about, as there are other f18s out there already people can use. If you however have other reasons for not releasing this plane, i'd be glad if you could just give a small statement here, about why and why not.

Thank you - Elena.

Oh boy... the F-18 again.....

You know i do my best to keep the PRACS faction as realistic as possible. I am tracking this is supposed to be a small bananna republic with limited resources, but Sahrani has Oil. I know the size and variety of equipment does not go with that tiny scale of an island. I just always thought of Sahrani as a portion of a larger chain of islands. Thats what made it fit to me. I spent alot of time in the US Army and during my travels working with other nations around the globe i picked up a few pointers. I did my best to model PRACS as full independent faction capable of self sustained large scale military operations. I developed a carefully thought out and well planned ORBAT and stuck with that plan. Several times along the way to where we are now I have slightly adjusted that plan to include newly available models and improved equipment. Always trying to maintain a delecate balance of power.

I always envisioned the Sahrani Army equipped similar to nations like India, Pakistan, Egypt, Greece etc.... A mix of hardware from friendly nations. Although i shyed away from alot of the eastern bloc stuff more than i really wanted too. In fact i have alot of addons in my Pdrive that will never be released. Stuff like Tu22 and F-4 phantom really seemed kind of overboard. This is also where i feel the F-18 should remain. I tried to keep the military modern but not ultra modern. The Super Hornet is more of a next generation fighter than what i want for the RSAF. Currently the aircraft presented are all modernized versions of planes available on the open military market in large quantities. They would be inexpensive for an oil rich nation like Sahrani coming out of the civil war of arma1 to afford and maintain. They also provide and integraded defense structure that encompasses any and all needed operational capabilities. The super hornet really represents a level of defense spending that i do not feel the Sahrani military is at. I have always done my best to keep with the plan for Sahrani. i never wanted this to be a simple "re-skin everything" mod. There really is a method to my madness :)

There really is a method to my madness :)

Well, thank you for the rapid reply. That was pretty much all i needed (or wanted) to hear. As i thought the only reason you did not release the f18, was for the sake of not getting it ripped off. Now as i know the true reasons behind it, that's good to know, and i'm also glad to hear that you do have such a decent plan behind it all (Although, honestly Tu22 sounds like a pretty neat idea, maybe not for RACS, but the takistani extension :> ). It just sounded like there was only this one reason for not having it released. And if this is your plan on how the Sahrani Airforce should look, i/we (my unit is planning on a multi-session based RACS Roleplay-like dynamic campaign), then we will use the assets given and not the f18 or anything we are familiar with. Some training will do the thing.

Also, i'm really curious about what kind of weapons/loadout(s) your P3-(c?)Orion will carry, since this is my favorite plane of all time in the germany navy, and i was wondering if you could give any word on the question wheter sahrani (as terrain/island) will be included in the next update? (See above, post #1081, i'm curious). thank you for clearing this up, wld!

Edited by Elena

The F-16s carry all the same weapons as teh F-18 and more. Plus the next release will have even more loadout options.

for ASW roles the etendard carries Exocets and the P3 will be available with harpoons.

Currently the P3 carries 4 harpoon-ERs and 4 1000lb GPHD bombs.

for ASW roles the etendard carries Exocets and the P3 will be available with harpoons.

Since you're an Army dood, I'll let it slide, but the correct term is "ASuW" or "SUW," not "ASW." ASW is fighting subs.

Yes, smiles are in effect. Looking forward to the update.

I want to ask. Are the two seater Mirage 2000s making a comeback or are they gone for good? Seems the RSAF would want to keep the 2000 over the older Mirage III fighter.

I want to ask. Are the two seater Mirage 2000s making a comeback or are they gone for good? Seems the RSAF would want to keep the 2000 over the older Mirage III fighter.

all teh Mirage2000s were lost in the civil war.

but Sahrani has Oil.:)

Right Christian United Arab Emirates!

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Oh boy... the F-18 again.....

In fact i have alot of addons in my Pdrive that will never be released. :)

Can be shared?

Right Christian United Arab Emirates!

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

What is that supposed to mean?

Can be shared?

umnnn no.

Thats nice to hear about the P3, i like the Harpoon missile. Always bugged me in DW it only carries mavericks.

- The 1000lb Bombs, will they be effective against subs? the P3C *is* a ASW Plane, (Asw standing for anti Sub(marine) warware), so it would be cool, if the 'indirect damage' radius for these bombs would be set to a value they could actually harm submarines in periscope depth (~68 ft deepth) so they can be employed against gnats evil russian subs.

- Any chance for a sonobouy? I'm not talking about heavy scripting, a simple bomb-like weapon that will drop a sonobouy, the model is simply a cylinder, and once it hits the ground it can simply dissapear without any effect. Basically, just an ambient object. IRL, the P3C carries quite a bunch of these of different types, just having ONE ambient sonobouy weapon launcher would be great for video making and simply for fun. Functionality (such as them actually detecting anything, markers on the minimap ect.) shouldn't be your concern, this can be done missionwise, e.g. with a fired eventhandler attached to the plane, running a script, or even using mando missiles. I'd just like to see a ambient inclusion of these bouys for fun and good-looking purpose.

What is that supposed to mean?

I Think what he's trying to say is because he believes Sahrani has the oil and rich resources such as the UAE, that should be an excuse to release the F-18. I agree that it should still be out of the Sahrani armory as it might be going overboard. But don't you think the Royal Navy is kind of lacking in terms with fighter jets? The Etendards are good, but maybe also an F-4 phantom for the Navy/Marine airwing since it, along with the F-16s, were widely exported? I was thinking maybe the early F-4 series that lacked the nose gun prior to the F-4E model, so it'll give a balance of power. Like how the JSDF's Phantom doesn't have the nose gun.

Or would that still be asking too much for Sahrani? Sorry, Just so used to the JSDF I sometimes crosstrain with in Okinawa.

Edited by M3Luck3yCharms

I Think what he's trying to say is because he believes Sahrani has the oil and rich resources such as the UAE, that should be an excuse to release the F-18. I agree that it should still be out of the Sahrani armory as it might be going overboard. But don't you think the Royal Navy is kind of lacking in terms with fighter jets? The Etendards are good, but maybe also an F-4 phantom for the Navy/Marine airwing since it, along with the F-16s, were widely exported? I was thinking maybe the early F-4 series that lacked the nose gun prior to the F-4E model, so it'll give a balance of power. Like how the JSDF's Phantom doesn't have the nose gun.

Or would that still be asking too much for Sahrani? Sorry, Just so used to the JSDF I sometimes crosstrain with in Okinawa.

The etendard is a more than capable aircraft for the navy and marines. Without any major blue water capitol ships, There is no need to project power much beyond the coastal defence level. any type of threat within that level would be handled by land based aircraft from the combined efforts of the Air Force and Navy.

Some screen grabs from a Sahrani TV program, teasing at some of the latest RACS gear and equipment...

arma2oa2013-03-2821-06-06-84.jpg

arma2oa2013-03-2422-30-38-93.jpg

Hint: there's at least one brand new, never before seen thing in both photos. ;)

Partly right... :p

Well it appears to be some kind of rocket pod or missile, could be a UH-1 gunship.

well, the current RACS UH-1 already has these 4x M240 Guns and FFAR Pods (CAS), and the Marines have an own variant with the 4xM240 and 4 TOW Missiles. But they are in some kind of aerodynamic hull, and on the SS above it's something standing out. I'm really excited for RACS and i'm wondering myself how long it will take to get the new Update out. (Mainly, because the older version cannot be downloaded yet and my Unit is waiting impatiently for the release so they can get RACS finally). Can you leak any details on that, like, in what phase of development are you, is it only a few final polishes and bugfixes, or is there more to come & expect and the release will take a bit longer? (I expected the release to come quite soon when i saw the FTP was taken down, now we're sitting here without any RACS at all :'( Goodluck to you guys and let's hope we all can run around as Racs soldiers again, soon)

Can't wait for the new version - Really good work, keep it up!

The currently released versions of PRACS are available from Armaholic.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_modules&s=title&w=asc&d=60

There you can get the mod and the takistani extension.

To answer some questions the mod is in the final stages of testing and bug fixing. I don't want to give a promise date but I am trying to get this thing out the door so we can play some multiplayer as soon as possible.