Hello, I have a question is there a way to get the AI to fire that beautiful 155MM howtizer? I have tried using it with Nous_FO and Blake's FO addon and they just seem to not want to shoot

hey mate this is a great mod i loved it in ARMA (just miss the chinook and the ships tho) some of the most excellent work ive seen why you gentlemen are not in the profession of game design i know not i feel like RACS is a complete force ready to deploy anywhere in the Armaverse and sustain itself i love how you guys have infantry dedicated to specific roles like the 3rd mountain and the paras but i was wondering who are the fusiliers and princess sarah's brigade what is their history or role are they mechanized or light just curious what their purpose would be from the creators point of view? Great work cant wait for the next release

Thanks for the kind words.

The Royal Fusiliers is intended to be a regular force above the level of the standard army units. Think of them eqivalent to a Republican Guard or an ultra loyalist type Brigade. Their equipment is of the next level and would be trained to US Army Ranger type standards. Princess Sarah's Brigade would be the hand picked elite of that brigade for direct protection of the government and ceremonial duties. Almost equivalent to the US Army Old Guard, yet retaining an elite standard of combat readiness.

Princess Sarah's Brigade is also a nod to my lovely wife Sarah who tolerates all the time i spend behind the PC modding.......

New PRACS M198 155mm Howitzer......

th_arma2oa2013-03-0718-13-07-19.jpg

th_arma2oa2013-03-0718-12-51-89.jpg

Pictures by Ballistic09

Edited by wld427
added pic credits

Thank you sir for the insight i remember back in the day when the fusiliers sported that spiffy green beret i always fancied them an elite unit any chance of an ORBAT coming out one day? It would be quite interested seeing the various brigades and regiments and companies(logistics and arty, cav etc) in the RACS Divisions, Very nice work im happy to see the M198 (i wish BIS had of made that the default howitzer instead of that little M119) and the P3 in the game keep up the exellent high quality work

Very nice! A POSSIBLE bug report - it appears that the existing howitzer's "get in" point is not a part of the "turret". When I use it in Clafghan, for example, rotate it to a different orientation and then get out of the gunner position, I find that I need to walk to the original "get in" location as if the gun was still pointing in the original direction. I believe this is a Memory Point issue where the "get in" is not a part of the "turret" selection. This may just be me, but me and my buds have the same experience. I would expect (perhaps I'm wrong) that the "get in" position would always be behind the gun, even if it has been used and pointing in a different direction.

Wow! Great work! Will read more of the thread before posting more, but REALLY GREAT WORK, love seeing these projects staying alive for this long and getting carried into the future!

There's Awesome.....and then there's PRACS!.

looking good wld427.

Is a very nice mod great work!

Could you maybe give background infomrmations on the different unites? Like the command officers and the several different divisions and groups?

Can you give me a link to armored Pegasus, and P3 Orion aircraft?

Or, maybe you could wait until it's done? ;)

Here's a teaser to get you through the tough waiting period:

arma2oa2013-03-1018-30-30-91-2.jpg

Beautiful picture you got there Ballistic09! The size of that artillery piece is huge!! :D To bad static artillery pieces can't be truck-pulled (limber/unlimber?) by default BIS ingame settings..

The APC's look really nice, and that P-3 Orion is gorgeous.

Edited by Thani '82
Question deleted: Already answered.

Awaiting this new version so much more now!

Hope to see all this epicness in A3 as well=)))

I'm trying to use the module with artillery RACS but does not work.

Researching the issue i found a possible problem the RACS vehicles, this not contain ammunition to use this module.

It would be possible to run a correction?

I could try to fix the problem, but the terms of use RACS does not allow modifications.

Sorry for my terrible english.

This MOD is very good guys!

Thanks

The PRACS vehicles are intended to use the artillery computer so the player could shoot them. This was intended for multiplayer use. I never put any effort into making them use the "module".

I am finalizing the (hopefully) last update for PRACS. i will look into this before release. If it is simple to impliment i will do it.

Thanks for your attention. I have a small group of players. I need the module.

I checked the list of ammo supported by the module. You can find them here: # http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artillery_Module ARTY_Vehicles_and_Magazines

I do not know much about class. It's hard to put the parameters of its weapons in the same class?

Hope you don't remove them completely. Maybe redefine them as marine commandos/recon similar to that of the UK's Royal Marines or USMC Force Recon. Their role being shore recon, boarding party, base/ship security for the navy etc. Like the Royal Marines they could still have their own rotary aircraft and light recon vehicles, but wouldn't need heavily armed vehicles or fixed wing. Got kinda attached to the marine helo's ;)

I second this. As a U.S. Marine, I myself have become heavily attached to the RSMC faction to the point I barely ever play as the regular foot soldiers of the Royal Sahrani Forces. I see your point in wishing that you just kept them as ship security and nothing more, but it'll be a shame to just throw all that hard work away for the ArmA 3 version (Which I'm excited to hear that you might actually be doing this.). If need be, I would suggest just keeping them how they are now or do what Lt. Phoenix said and just make them as a commando force like how the RMC does.

I've been a long time follower of RACS. Whatever you decide of the RSMC's fate it up to you. I just wanted to put my input in as I'll be very sad if they were to just disappear all together in ArmA3

Are there any mirrors for this?

Armaholic doesn't seem to want to work, and the PRACS website gives me a broken link.

Thanks in advance anyone.

Are there any mirrors for this?

Armaholic doesn't seem to want to work, and the PRACS website gives me a broken link.

Thanks in advance anyone.

Stand by,

i took it off the FTP in preparation of releasing the final.

Oooo so excited! It's like Christmas in March!
Certainly does :). We even have the snow in the UK to make it feel like Christmas, its meant to be Spring.

Awaiting the new version! So much excitement! :D