Is there an official ORBAT for PRACS? I saw the "articles" you guys made for PRACS concerning deployments and material updates, but i cant seem to find a catalog of them all. I have to say the articals and the thought through vehicle inventory really add to whole alternate universe feeling. I would love to see more of those.

Edited by arkengel

Howdy!

I almost jizzed in my pants when I read about the 'return of the socat' :) loved the bird back in Arma.

with regards to the royal navy: I agree with Lt_Phoenix, that some sort of patrol aircraft would be nice. And if I'm not mistaken, there is allready am Orion out there! And a reskin of the AAVP would be a pretty nice thing too, I mean, if sahrani has a ship big enough to carry leos and m109s it migh have room for a few amtracs too?

I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to add the Super Puma or Cougar to the Sahrani navy also, since they might be more suited towards ASW and maritime SAR. If not, I see the Romanians have made a naval variant of the SOCAT which could easily fit this role too.

Might also be a good idea to have a maritime patrol aircraft too, since the navy needs to be able to patrol the waters around Sahrani. Ideally a P-3 Orion or something similar, although a naval variant of the OV-1 Mohawk with torpedoes could work too :)

The puma suits the needs of the navy as is. Adding another aircraft to fill a small niche when i can adapt one in service is the most likely route i will go. Possibly a SOCAT with sea skuas might reappear. P3...... I have one. A nice one too. I dont have alot of need for naval warfare so i have defiantely neglected it. Etendards with Exorcets is my primary ASW plane. I may eventually look into it.

The Sahrani army is well covered when it comes to troops, vehicles and aircraft. Wouldn't mind seeing an ambulance version of the Pinz though. Alternatively a RACS reskin of either the ACR landrover ambulance or HMMWV ambulance. Can't drag that M113 everywhere.. ;)

Something coming down the pipe right now will defiantely knock your socks off. Stay tuned for the pics hopefully this weekend.

The RSAF has an excellent selection of aircraft. I was thinking that they might need to boost up the base security detachment with some vehicles. Maybe some sort of light armed vehicle like a RSAF variant of the LAV-150 or something similar? And maybe a RSAF landrover/Pinz/HMMWV to move around in and some sort of ambulance there too?

I think the CSAR and base defense guys using regular army equipment is sufficient. Plenty to choose from there.

Some sort of CSAR variant of the Puma (with 2 gunners) or Huey would also be a great addition to their already well equipped air wing :)

I have been thinking about this very much lately. Although the SAR aircraft in its bright colors is neat to find a pilot in the ocean, a CSAR helicopter is needed.I will get back to you on this one. I want a blackhawk DAP or MH53...... need to think more about it.

The Marines have a great selection of rotary aircraft and their fixed wing capabilities will definitely improve with the F/A-18. Wouldn't mind seeing a gunship for them. Maybe a marine variant of the Cobra or SOCAT? Also the marines could use some more vehicles, especially amphibious. A variant of the AAV-5 or AAV-7 series of vehicles maybe. A marine reskin of the BIS AAVP-7A1 would definitely work too. They could also do with some more light armored vehicles and some support vehicles (ambulance, HQ vehicle, trucks). Maybe some more variants of the HMMWV or some sort of FAV (like the MG variant of the BIS Landrover or something similar).

The marines........ i wish i never did the marines..... They were intended to originally be a small shore party or troops for the ships. They were never intended to be anything more. Now they have grown into nearly their own faction. I always intended for the marines to use standard RACS vehicles. Then i am not sure where i got the wild hair across my ass to make them their own couple vehicles. Dont expect much more than what you have now. For arma3 they will dissapear entirely.

Just throwing out some ideas that happened to pop in my head here and appreciate your hard work ;) PRACS is my all time favourite mod both in ARMA and ARMAII, due to the diversity of vehicles and well thought out ORBAT. I'm looking forward to your future release whatever you decide :D

I appreciate the feedback and ideas. Please post pics of your gaming in the tread. it motivates the hell out of me to see you folks plaing with my gear.

Is there an official ORBAT for PRACS? I saw the "articles" you guys made for PRACS concerning deployments and material updates, but i cant seem to find a catalog of them all. I have to say the articals and the thought through vehicle inventory really add to whole alternate universe feeling. I would love to see more of those.

I somehow lost the template i had for those. I kind of miss making them. people really seemed to enjoy them. Sadly there really is no on paper orbat other than the one in my head. Sombody did a fictional nations page a while back. I should probably edit that.

Pics eh? Lemme see what I can dig up from my screenshots collection...

Here you go... had to make a new upload site :) As you can see mostly in Clafghan and Duala.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2123a89cb3ec88e9#!/!cid=2123A89CB3EC88E9&id=2123A89CB3EC88E9%21581

Love PRACS... I made the UGV availability for the Independent faction (aka able to access both BLUFOR and OPFOR models) with PRACS in mind :D

Edited by hcpookie

The puma suits the needs of the navy as is. Adding another aircraft to fill a small niche when i can adapt one in service is the most likely route i will go. Possibly a SOCAT with sea skuas might reappear. P3...... I have one. A nice one too. I dont have alot of need for naval warfare so i have defiantely neglected it. Etendards with Exorcets is my primary ASW plane. I may eventually look into it.

A SOCAT with Sea Skuas would definetely do the job :)

Something coming down the pipe right now will defiantely knock your socks off. Stay tuned for the pics hopefully this weekend.

Looking forward to it :D

I have been thinking about this very much lately. Although the SAR aircraft in its bright colors is neat to find a pilot in the ocean, a CSAR helicopter is needed.I will get back to you on this one. I want a blackhawk DAP or MH53...... need to think more about it.

HH-53/MH-53 or DAP sounds like a good choice for CSAR. Could maybe transfer the brightly colored SAR Puma to the Navy ;)

The marines........ i wish i never did the marines..... They were intended to originally be a small shore party or troops for the ships. They were never intended to be anything more. Now they have grown into nearly their own faction. I always intended for the marines to use standard RACS vehicles. Then i am not sure where i got the wild hair across my ass to make them their own couple vehicles. Dont expect much more than what you have now. For arma3 they will dissapear entirely.

Hope you don't remove them completely. Maybe redefine them as marine commandos/recon similar to that of the UK's Royal Marines or USMC Force Recon. Their role being shore recon, boarding party, base/ship security for the navy etc. Like the Royal Marines they could still have their own rotary aircraft and light recon vehicles, but wouldn't need heavily armed vehicles or fixed wing. Got kinda attached to the marine helo's ;)

I appreciate the feedback and ideas. Please post pics of your gaming in the tread. it motivates the hell out of me to see you folks plaing with my gear.

I play mainly SP. Lately I've been mainly mucking about with Eights FOB's on Lingor and made a few missions for UTES, but these are all WIP. I might look into finding a way to upload some pics at some point :)

Edited by Lt_Phoenix
Spelling

Hey gents,

I was hoping you all could direct me in the right area. I am looking for another mission to edit for the upcoming huge update. What i am looking for is an insurgency type mission for zargabad(or similarly small island) that also includes side missions similar to domination. If anyone is aware of something similar or would be willing to help out and do something like this i would be eternally greatful. might even immortalize you forever in the command pack with your own charachter.

also any otehr suggestions for missions of this type would be handy.

Perhaps this has already been answered before, did you ever consider a different paint scheme for the fighter aircraft. Wouldn't a blue or gray scheme fit better with high altitude planes, like on the marine etendards?

Perhaps this has already been answered before, did you ever consider a different paint scheme for the fighter aircraft. Wouldn't a blue or gray scheme fit better with high altitude planes, like on the marine etendards?

after 6 years of Project RACS......Why would i change it now?

true, I thought you might have some wips in a folder somewhere :)

Edited by arkengel

What i do have coming down the pipe is nice as well. Thanks to Ballistic09 for takign the pics.

th_arma2oa2013-02-1522-12-20-90.jpg

th_arma2oa2013-02-1516-26-54-88.jpg

th_arma2oa2013-02-1515-20-28-74.jpg

Looks nice :), what vehicle is that?

Looks nice :), what vehicle is that?

BMR, If I'm not mistaken. :)

Hey I got a lucky guess right, woot! haha. Have to say, it looks pretty damn sexy with the RACS camo scheme on her. :)

Thanks to wld for his hard work on his PRACS forces, we really appreciate it. I know that this Pegaso BMR will definitely hold its own against anything Opfor can throw at it.

Well consider my socks blown off! That's some sweet lookin' BMR's and a rather nice lookin' VEC too :)

Which variants of the BMR are you considering?

Outstanding work as always gents :D

When I use the BMP-1 from Pracs tk_ext in MP, I get 'Cannot use magazine 2000Rnd_762x54_PKT in muzzle PRACS_TK_AT3_Launcher' in the RPT approximately once every 5 seconds. This happens without any use. I thought this might be relevant for you. =)

When I use the BMP-1 from Pracs tk_ext in MP, I get 'Cannot use magazine 2000Rnd_762x54_PKT in muzzle PRACS_TK_AT3_Launcher' in the RPT approximately once every 5 seconds. This happens without any use. I thought this might be relevant for you. =)

what version do you have? are you using both arma2 and OA? are you using any other mods? are you using ACE?

Cool model. Similar to the Stryker.

Similar in design YES. The BMR and models of it such as the pandur have been around since the 70s. These models represent recent Spanish, Saudi and Egyptian efforts to uparmor them for relevancy in the 21st century. Ive tried to make the armor realistic as well as the optics not so perfect to simulate the age of the systems.

Edited by wld427

Well Project RACS develpoment has been slowed due to upcoming ArmaIII release....... Well since that has gone down the the road it is currently travelling (a steamy one in the toilet in my opinion)...... I am re-ramping up production for Sahrani in Arma2. I am working on gathering a complete version of CAA1 so i can distribute Sahrani Island with the upcoming update. It will feature a boatload of enhnacements, aircraft loadout adjustments, new ordnance, new planes, some ground hardware, and the usual PRACS bells and whistles.

news.jpg

wld427, you sir are epic!