oh really? you are so cool mate! customer service par excellence!

allow me to skipper you around dingor in the sekra sometime - gin and tonics on the afterdeck

Bummer..... the world did not end. i guess im goign to have to get cracking on that update.....

if thousands of years in the future someone digs up a computer made before the millennium they may see that the clock doesn't go past the year 2000 and deduce that we thought the world would end on Dec 31 1999... mayan calendar probably ran on windows 2.x that's all. i mean what did they know? they believed the world was perched on the back of a giant turtle...

speaking of updates i just updated my little patch with some different modes for the mirage/etendards - with working wheel brakes and GPS/INS from Rock/Myke built in.

the file is on our download server if you're interested in taking a look.

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/PRACS_Air_mod_no_GLT.rar

I've downloaded this mod with the Taki extension. Messing around in the armory has been fun, but I'd like to host it on my dedicated server. Problem is; there doesn't seem to be any missions that support it. My server mostly plays Domination ACE currently.

Gits team has several evolution edits and here is a link to a Domination edit By Sekra and myself.

http://pracs.rkslstudios.info/

send me a link once your server is up. I would love to play.

I just tried out Pracs taki_ext with the new JSRS. It seems the Gvozdika has no sound outside ~50m away from it. I thought you might like to know. :)

JSRS is a third party addon. The vehicle you mention uses all BIS sounds.

IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE 3RD PARTY ADDONS WORK WITH MY MOD.

AMAZINGLY MY MOD WORKS 100% JUST FINE WITH THE STOCK CONTENT. USE THAT AS A CLUE TO FIND THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.

:)

smiley face for some sarcasm or something.

A hint: sounds, like tons of other stock content config, can be inherited. No need to turn defensive on such non-issue.

Is this compatible with GLT Missilebox and all that? I know this is incompatible with ACE, but GLT handles things differently.

it works with GLT on on your server no conflicts

we have a patch mod that works with GLT kit on the planes too - im in the middle of migrating that from mission script to mod patch...

it works with GLT on on your server no conflicts

we have a patch mod that works with GLT kit on the planes too - im in the middle of migrating that from mission script to mod patch...

Dont even think about releasing it publicly... or at least discuss it with me privately first.... our discussion entailed your private gaming group and it only.

Project RACS uses models from GLT and RKSL. All of my weapons and loadouts are rigged to be as realistic as possible.

therefore why do you need the missile box?

reguardless all planes use the arma2 proxy handling system so theoretically you can add whatever weapon to whatever pylon you choose with simple script commands.

I am sure you all can sense a bit of irritability in my tone lately. I put alot of effort into the mod and it chaps my ass a bit it is being tinkered with.

I cannot and do not complain about any kind of mission scripting that adjusts loadouts and stuff. What i do have a problem with is addons or changes that require you to open my PBOs. As long as this is respected I encourage you to use the mod on your servers.

PRACS is not "incompatible with ACE". Some of my addon testers run it. I am only aware of 2 small issues when running them together.

The Missilebox works flawless alongside with PRACS. As wld427 already stated, some models are given by me for his mod so visually it should fit. Also the GPS/INS system can be added with scripting only, no need for config changes.

I think many people are not at all ignorant of your work, but instead appreciate it and want to build upon it. Like for example, I made a few retextures of BIS models and made a new addon from it (e.g. gave the KSK soldiers a woodland flecktarn etc.), that wasn't meant to lower BIS' work. Instead I was just trying to fill a gap in the arsenal of stuff available to mission makers.

Inspired by very recent events, someone might want to do a Shapur mission involving Algerian military. I realized that your RACS troops have quite similar camouflage, the Algerians are also using DPM with a brown tone: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8392/clipboard01fz0.jpg, the only thing that is "wrong" is the armpatch. If someone now asked you to change the armpatch yourself so he can get what he wants, you'd probably tell him where he could go, and rightfully so. But what if he (hypothetically spoken) asked you for permission so that he can quickly rework the texture, change the path in the model, maybe work out a few details in the config (other loadout, different faction etc.) and then brought it out as a new addon, of course giving credit to you for all the work? I doubt that this would lower your fame in any way or let you look bad somehow. But it would allow mission maker to make use of high quality Algerian troops in a very short amount of time. This hypothetical person would alternatively be willing to send you the addon so that you can review it and release it under your name if it fulfills your quality standards.

Don't be afraid, I haven't started that kind of modifications yet, I just committed a thought-crime ;)

no probs eddie, I understand.

The reason I made the changes on our server (with agreement) is to help some of my slightly retarded pilots (aren't they all?) - they keep attacking tanks with sidewinders etc so we've been training them up on what missile does what and why a SDB is better than a GBU or vice versa. When we run PRACS and other aircraft together it can be confusing because most airplane mods use GLT or RKSL weapons and they have different nomenclature. This is no big problem, except when you bring a retarded (slightly) pilot into the mission and they have no idea what button to press...

on the loadouts changes we have re-scripted everyones planes since arma1 as the loadouts better match our missions/side-missions.

congrats your F16 fighter is the best CAP plane made (except the mighty typhoon maybe but we can't run that with our respawn script - the two somehow slow the game down to 12 deaths needs a reconnect for every player) - the BIS ones don't come close - who are they kidding thinking 2 sidewinders is gonna help anyone out?

last mission on fallujah PRACS a couple of our guys clocked up 127 and 84 aircraft kills during a 4 day mission.

people just don't design planes for that kind of mission load! any CAS/AGM/SEAD planes we fly need a minimum of 2 amraams and 2 sidewinders for protection or else they last about 100m from the end of the runway.

yeah the GPS/INS can be loaded with script - we add it to the pilot class and the sniper/spotter using a script.

we still haven't gotten to the bottom of the conflict thats causing the 12 death reconnection bug - it happens on missions with GLT/RKSL weapons on together mostly. i've chatted to rock and myke about it and have no idea what is causing it... this is why we edited the mods (with everyones kind permission) into one functioning patch for our server.

JOW's question was valid and he plays our missions

he probably has my mission with the script for rearming GLT onto your F16s. they look sweet. anyway that's why i mentioned it.

i should add that we're not RACS die-hards, so we mix and match your kit with other units. they work well as africans and russians! and they often operate alongside BAF/KSK/USSF troops.

why don't you pop onto our server sometime and see what we've done? the planes are all working really well.

---------- Post added 01-18-2013 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-17-2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

some vids of the GLT/RACS weaponry in use on the A10/mirage

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100949-ArmA2-Operation-Arrowhead-Impressions-ALL-OA-Impressions-Videos-Screenies-Here&p=2275720&viewfull=1#post2275720

Edited by eggbeast

I think many people are not at all ignorant of your work, but instead appreciate it and want to build upon it. Like for example, I made a few retextures of BIS models and made a new addon from it (e.g. gave the KSK soldiers a woodland flecktarn etc.), that wasn't meant to lower BIS' work. Instead I was just trying to fill a gap in the arsenal of stuff available to mission makers.

Inspired by very recent events, someone might want to do a Shapur mission involving Algerian military. I realized that your RACS troops have quite similar camouflage, the Algerians are also using DPM with a brown tone: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8392/clipboard01fz0.jpg, the only thing that is "wrong" is the armpatch. If someone now asked you to change the armpatch yourself so he can get what he wants, you'd probably tell him where he could go, and rightfully so. But what if he (hypothetically spoken) asked you for permission so that he can quickly rework the texture, change the path in the model, maybe work out a few details in the config (other loadout, different faction etc.) and then brought it out as a new addon, of course giving credit to you for all the work? I doubt that this would lower your fame in any way or let you look bad somehow. But it would allow mission maker to make use of high quality Algerian troops in a very short amount of time. This hypothetical person would alternatively be willing to send you the addon so that you can review it and release it under your name if it fulfills your quality standards.

Don't be afraid, I haven't started that kind of modifications yet, I just committed a thought-crime ;)

In this situation i would encourage the maker to produce his own mod by providing the PSD template of the cammo ;) interested?

Rather than having someone edit my addons i prefer to encourage new addons especially more countries in the arma arena. Just as others have provided me with models etc over time i want to inspire others to strike out and start their own mods.

ohhhh eggbeast......

I will definately say you have a wonderful imagination when it comes to how you package your missions. I have no issues with anything you need to do written in the mission code. Like i stated before... just dont molest my PBOs. :) i am tracking the need to tailor loadouts to your missions. Therefore i understand it as long as its buried int he missions code and nto an edit of my addon.

I will try to get in there sometime this week.

Unfortunately I have as much skill of modelling as a chimpanze of writing a Shakespeare piece. So without the model I can't do anything with the texture templates, I can't even adjust them to other models (probably won't fit at all anyway). In that case I would be better of retexturing the default BIS units, e.g. the CDF might be usable. (that's what I meant with "reinventing the wheel", even if yours is a cold-forged alloy rim and mine a crude wooden cartwheel, all I wanted was only differently colored valve caps, and you offer me the recipe of your rubber mixture *sigh* yes I like car allegories^^).

It would actually be interesting if you provided your models with the "hidden selection" feature, where one can easily swap out the texture for another (be it the main texture or just the arm patch). Then one could just slap together a mini addon with the armpatch texture and a simple config and be done, or even leave it up to the mission maker.

Unfortunately I have as much skill of modelling as a chimpanze of writing a Shakespeare piece. So without the model I can't do anything with the texture templates, I can't even adjust them to other models (probably won't fit at all anyway). In that case I would be better of retexturing the default BIS units, e.g. the CDF might be usable. (that's what I meant with "reinventing the wheel", even if yours is a cold-forged alloy rim and mine a crude wooden cartwheel, all I wanted was only differently colored valve caps, and you offer me the recipe of your rubber mixture *sigh* yes I like car allegories^^).

It would actually be interesting if you provided your models with the "hidden selection" feature, where one can easily swap out the texture for another (be it the main texture or just the arm patch). Then one could just slap together a mini addon with the armpatch texture and a simple config and be done, or even leave it up to the mission maker.

umnnn no. There are 136 different models in the infantry pack. its just not going to happen. Besides, why should i do all the work for you? this is project RACS, why should i even be concearned with project anything else.

Why do you always read everything as an offense? You misunderstand me (probably my bad english). I do NOT want to steal from you and I do NOT want you to work for me. I've already suggested that I could take over the work of changing your texture, then send you the completely done new addon, and you can release it as YOUR new addon. I want no fame, I don't want to sell anything to the Chinese or whatnot. I just wanted some Algerian soldiers in the easiest way achievable and asked you what the best way would be to achieve that. Obviously, there is none at all, so I'll drop the idea. I really don't know why you think of me as some kind of criminal, but I don't want that anymore, so I won't bother you anymore with anything you might misunderstand.

I've noticed around the one hundredth page threads tend to heat up a bit - usually from simple misunderstandings. Please let's all keep our cool. I do not want another great addon thread locked. *cough*Domination2*cough*

extending the analogy i think brainbug has it right - the PRACS units are some of the best in the game... the backpacks and units are so great, people want to tree off of them like we all tree of of stock BIS stuff. the game is built as a big branching tree (in the database) with the odd bent or cancerous branch (broken inheritance from bad modding). when you see a beautiful new silver branch with golden flowers, you think - "that's what i'd like to start from to make my bit"

we have problems in all this - like pookie's fab GL pistols (cos they can';t go in secondary weapon slot whatever you try... damn BIS), BD's gas and our 5 round GL pouches. users are saying they're all incompatible so I've recently merged the gas and 5 round mod (with BD's permission) and had pookie watching the dev so we might at some point merge them into one big mod and release it. the aim of that would be to reduce user confusion and integration problems and improve uptake of the mods

I would like to release our patch at some point perhaps, but only when:

A. wld has looked at it, flown in it, quizzed me in detail about the inheritance etc and said "fair enough" - if you're not happy with it, we'll keep it private. I would hope we could include it with our mission for people who host the mission, but that's all.

B. all of the bugs are ironed out (at the moment we have an inheritance problem with the AH6 and RAH6 that needs some attention, and the A4 wheelbrake doesn't work, although every other plane has it working)

C. we have finished the companion piece which provides the GLT weapons loadout. The aim of this is to again simplify the nomenclature for retarded pilots (i hope none of my clan mates read this) and allow all planes in theatre to be using the same PRACS or GLT weapon system (e.g. rearming the A10 with PRACS or GLT as well as the PRACS or other planes we're using)

reading this I feel that you're feeling the integrity of your magnificent mod is under threat. that has never been a wish of ours. we could package our patch up as something to reflect this like "EVO_PRACS_air_funpack" so people know there's a break with reality going on and that it's intended for the mission users...

come and do a convoy run with me in a couple of heavy CAS etendards - that would be a real privilege (for me)!

I am your servant in this mate.

Rob

Edited by eggbeast

The root of my frustration remains embedded in this community ( and probably the fact i respond to these before my mornign coffee).

Brainbug my apologies if i was not clear. What I am trying to do is get you to do you (or anyone for that matter) a stand alone project. Personally i dont like having to download an entire 1GB mod to use a 2MB reskin pack because the mission uses 9 troops. Why not just have a small standalone mod of that specific country or representation. Most fo the algerian equipment is simple as reskin BIS vehicles. I hope that better explains it.

Eggbeast as I said as long as my PBOs are not molested you are in the clear. I would prefer it remain scripted within the mission instead of packed as an addon tho.

Third and probably most importantly to me, is how much absolute shit I have taken over the years. It frustrates me when my mod is constantly called "substandard" and "crappy","low quality", and many many other slams. I literally spent YEARS developing PRACS through Arma1, Arma2, OA, and into what it is today. I literally almost died from health problems and were driven to the brink of divorce to bring this project to frutition. I have even recieved death threats over certain addons. Yet after all the abuse i take over how shitty my mod is i find MY code in other addons all the time, bits of my configs all over the place, my PM box always has requests, and model makers bring their stuff to me to be rigged for game. PRACS has never been about having the prettiest or most high poly models, yet i always strive to make my stuff look the best. What PRACS gives you is a complete faction top to bottom (still lacking a little in the naval dept). Built for multiplayer performace and experience and completely RPT error free.

I'm not asking anyone to say all hail PRACS or Eddie, I just want to see someone else do some work for once.

Show me another addon pack that provides you a complete order of battle for a faction. it's ok.... Ill wait.....

Some called PRACS substandard? They clearly don't know what they are talking about. Don't let these guys bring you down, your work is much appreciated.

Some called PRACS substandard? They clearly don't know what they are talking about. Don't let these guys bring you down, your work is much appreciated.

Some fool did, yes. Extraordinary, isn't it?

that's mental, we always explain to new guys having to download PRACS (and questioning it cos of size) that it is THE BEST arma2 mod.

admittedly RHS make awesome russian armour and RH makes the best weapons, but yeah RACS has the top-down complete kit AND awesome extra things that BIS just never really developed like awesome SAM systems and AA guns, really interesting IFV's and FSV's, AND 5 great new combat planes (as well as all the other stuff). the mod absolutely rocks and you could easily charge money for it.

p.s. we also host sahrani for download which almost no-one else does - a tiny but useful bit of support for your mod.