Looking great! I really like the implementation of your new Special Operations Vehicle. It really sets your Recon and Commando elements apart from the rest of your troops. Have RACS looked at picking up any MRAPs at all, or do they not have a need for them at this time?

F-5 removed

Edited by wld427

I assume it is Seattle from Take on Helicopters, as the first screenshot looks like one of the other maps from it.

Indeed it is.

Interesting.

How CAN I merged TOH and CO?

Patch Take On Helicopters to version 1.06. It automatically detects if you have any version of Arma 2 installed via the registry and integrates it into TOH. If you want to launch it with mods though, it's a bit more complicated... (instructions are in the TOH forums.)

Will the F18 be in the next update?

I'm not sure... I honestly didn't think wld427 would post that screenshot, as I was just testing my new GPU's ability to take beauty shots, and the PRACS F-18 is probably my favorite plane to take screenshots of. :p

If you'd like to see more, I've posted a lot of screens in the pretty much abandoned TOH screenshot thread.

Loving those shots!

Thanks! :)

ok....... I added the F-5 to go along with the vietnam era gear already in the Taki army. check a few pages back if you are looking for explainations.

I refuse to do ACE compatability. absolutely refuse. Mondo is not my responsibility either.

May i ask why you don't like so much the ACE mod or the reason why you don't want convert it?

Considering that many A2 clans play almost only with that and ACRE nowadays you are restricting this mod to the very few players who still roll the vanilla and casual (?) gamers.

Don't you think?

Considering that many A2 clans play almost only with that and ACRE nowadays you are restricting this mod to the very few players who still roll the vanilla and casual (?) gamers.

Don't you think?

I really dont think that is true at all. In my experience recently its the other way around. But since WLD427 isnt an ACE user why should he be forced to add more work to satisfy you? Its his mod and it is up to him what he does with his time. Don't you think thats fair?

I'm not forcing him to do anything for me, i think he already said clearly enough he doesn't want to convert it but what i'm asking him is WHY.

I don't know how it works in the rest of the world but here in italy there's probably not a single clan who still plays vanilla.

I'm not here to do any "my way is better than yours" kind of discussions, i'm just asking him why there won't be any conversion, that's all.

very few players who still roll the vanilla and casual (?) gamers.
I really dont think that is true at all. In my experience recently its the other way around.

Indeed... I've seen this claim thrown around in a few addon threads lately (not sure if it was by AlphaSixtyOne, or someone else), but I somehow doubt it's true... Certainly ACE is one of the more popular mods, but just because you and a lot of clans use it doesn't mean everyone does. Not everyone games in clans either. Of the group of people I play with, not one person has used ACE beyond just to try it out. If I based my argument on the select group of people I know, I could say ACE is the least popular mod of all time. (which I know isn't true... don't attack me)

By that logic, we should make a Day Z version just because it's the most popular mod and, apparently, we have to expand our audience...

Edited by Ballistic09

PRACS is and always will be 100% stand alone.

My mod is designed to be compatable with the stock BIS content not what some 3rd party thinks it should be.

With that said my mod is not designed to be incompatible with ACE either. In fact Im only aware of a couple small issues running the two side by side.

Several of my beta testers used ACE with the mod.

I do not use ace and neither does the guys i game with. Therefore i will do no extra work that does not benefit me or will i permit my mod to be molested by someone else modifying configs either.

In the end i made this mod for ME and the guys i game with, not anyone else.

You should simply be greatful im willing to share.

You should simply be greatful im willing to share.

Couldn't have been said any nicer.. thank you. As always your work looks great!

Ok i understand, thank you for the answer, good luck with the mod. :)

I'm sure if somebody asked him really politely, they could make their own optional ACE configs on the side for their own/community's use.

Asking him to do it though is another story. Config work already takes a long enough time as it is and for him to go out of his way to make it compatible for a mod that he doesn't play is a waste of his time.

Hi, I'm going to look stupid asking this, but here goes:

What does RACS mean?

I came on the Arma scene with Arma 2, so I assume it is related to some earlier version.

Are these Bluefor or Opfor?

What role did they play in the earlier versions?

And yes, I tried to research it and found not much of anything, hence my questions.

Thx!

Hi, I'm going to look stupid asking this, but here goes:

What does RACS mean?

I came on the Arma scene with Arma 2, so I assume it is related to some earlier version.

Are these Bluefor or Opfor?

What role did they play in the earlier versions?

And yes, I tried to research it and found not much of anything, hence my questions.

Thx!

http://www.armedassault.com/index.html

Thats the page for Arma 1 explains everything you want to know.

http://pracs.rkslstudios.info/about/

that is the explaination of my mod.

The mod is an Independent faction.

Edited by wld427

^^^

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I see SaOk added your mod to his Zub mission.

Now, I have to start the mission All Over Again! :butbut:

I'm sure if somebody asked him really politely, they could make their own optional ACE configs on the side for their own/community's use.

Asking him to do it though is another story. Config work already takes a long enough time as it is and for him to go out of his way to make it compatible for a mod that he doesn't play is a waste of his time.

that's the way to go.

ACE is so all-encompassing that many community members who like to pick and choose and experiment don't really use it.

I think the worry is that it also takes you down a road that's hard to come out of.

once a mod/mission is ACE'd it breaks other servers/missions quickly.

Our server has "NO ACE" in capitals on it as people joining with it enabled cause our server to crash.

I guess "ace compatibility" isn't really an issue, since there aren't any error codes popping up. So it just works.

The other stuff about airplanes. That's important.

Not sure what you are talking about... i think my planes are some of the best out there....

I think he means the effects that come with ACE when you go flying. Sometimes when you're using ACE with non-ace planes your player starts to black out when you trying to make even a slight turn. It's very annoying. Simple solution though...disable ACE! Your planes are pretty awesome wld427 :) defiantly my favorite.

falling over when running with a mortar tripod or blacking out when banking slowly in a plane was my first impression of ACE and so we disregarded it. I imagine it must be configurable to turn that stuff off, so best to learn the mod rather than try to get all modders to make their kit compatible... or find a halfway house and make an ACE config/init e.g. disabling the stuff that doesn't work with RACS, or adding functionality to a RACS patch (with permission).

For those interested in 'ACE Compatibility' - it seems pointless to keep bringing that up in here, I think it's clear for a long time if you wants it, you'll have to makes it ;-)

Neither PRACS nor ACE devs appear interested to (and that's their right).

Our server has "NO ACE" in capitals on it as people joining with it enabled cause our server to crash.

For starters, I believe you can make it impossible to join the server with specific mods incl ACE, but more importantly; have you reported these crashes to the CIT?

If not, I could really recommend doing so: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash (Many fixes coming in on the betas are often crash related.)

The gameserver shouldn't crash in these situations and rather handle it gracefully.

Actually I thought such issues were a thing of the past though, not relevant today in 1.62 / betas.

I think he means the effects that come with ACE when you go flying. Sometimes when you're using ACE with non-ace planes your player starts to black out when you trying to make even a slight turn. It's very annoying.
Not sure, but I believe that's not an issue with non-ACE planes, but rather Custom pilot classes. These are configurable though, info in the docs. Edited by Sickboy

that pic was transporting the vehicles back from conoteta to maruko after enemy planes nailed the bridge

note the radio mast prevents the sekra PB from passing under the very high bridge! (non colliding or retractable would be good! many warships have removable radio masts for maintenance etc)

that pic was transporting the vehicles back from conoteta to maruko after enemy planes nailed the bridge

note the radio mast prevents the sekra PB from passing under the very high bridge! (non colliding or retractable would be good! many warships have removable radio masts for maintenance etc)

the geometry has been edited for the next release.