one thing we're thinking of toying with as a tester - and you may want to talk to Big Dawg about this - is gas and incapacitating agent grenades in the Mk19 on the m113's and dingos.

we've been having a lot of fun on this tonight using the M32, and will add some gas ammo to the dingo and ifv/mk19 in the next few days. (we made a quick gas mask mod to protect us from the nasty effects)

i'm thinking of developing some incapacitating agent like CS - that makes people act really "suppressed" and some drop guns and roll around etc...

will be an easy thing to add to the weapons...

we are seeing a little slow down though when you fire a couple of hundred gas nades in the server lol

myke is reasonably happy for us using his GPS/INS locking script on our forward air controllers (we made this action and marker global on player instead of local to plane) - with the edit of some of the air weapons to allow the GPS lock this makes a really powerful team up for CAS. worth a thought to integrate.

also rock said we can add the wheel brakes to planes, so you could adopt them in your next planes release - they make a great extra feature for landing on carrier etc. the f16 needs a very long runway to land otherwise!

have you been playing the evo mission much? want any other maps doing?

we just made a load of explosive ammo for the M240/mk48s and AS50 so been causing havoc tonight killing racs takis

the explosive rounds really suppress the enemy well.

I really am not sure yet. Arma3 will be set that far in future but from discussions with most modders i dont expect to see many mods that far advanced.

Awesome. That is one of my biggest fears I think modding wise, seeing everyone doing all kinds of futuristic stuff. Wish it would all just stay in the current time frame, but hey that's just me.

CS grenades would be cool eggbeast, especially if a lot of work went into making everything work properly. ACE incorporates CS grenades in a few variations but the AI usually just seem to run away from the smoke cloud whenever you use them.

Could you kindly give some info about RACS and what they are about or a BIO on your first page?

Sorry to ask that but some of us did not start out way back in OPF or Arma1 like you guys did.

My BIS experience started with Arma 2.

Well RACs stands for Royal Army Corps of Sahrani which is the military of the fictional NATO-backed country of South Sahrani(And later United Sahrani) which is the setting for ARMA I while the SLA(Sahrani Liberation Army) is the army of North Sahrani which is the primary aggressor in ARMA I.

Originally in ARMA I they were severly under armed(No tanks until BI added the T-72 to them with the addition of Warfare and no fixed aircraft) and WLD47 started making this mod to fix that.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

yeah no F-22 or F-35 racs!!!^^

I think the RACS army is rustic, I think you need a true interceptor as a F14 Tomcat or Mirage 2000-9^^

Please keep the A-4 and the A-7

because we have the impression to flying in Vietnam especially in Lingor

where is the F-18?

"F-18

Original model by Franze. Adopted form his arma1 work. Texture template by EddyD. Textures, weapons and loadouts by wld427."

I can't find it in the pbo...

where is the F-18?

Sorry, I'm pretty sure it was removed because of a few people kept sending death threats to wld427 to try to get him to release it.

Project RACS does not negotiate with terrorists. :mad:

Sorry, I'm pretty sure it was removed because of a few people kept sending death threats to wld427 to try to get him to release it.

seriously Ballistic09?

Wld427 sent it to me a long time ago with the pre-release version :p

Vrrmmmmm vrrmmmmmm

f18_1.jpg

f18_2.jpg

f18_3.jpg

Edited by GossamerSolid

So is there any reconsideration for the F18? This is really needed for the Nimitz.

No Ballistic is dead ass serious about recieving death threats over the F-18. it still needs some finishing and i got extremely de-motivated to work on it.

I really don't think that Sahrani would have a Nimitz class carrier so i really do not consider large scale naval operations as part of the mod's scope.

The F-14....it is top gun and all but it really does not interest me. I could not get permissions to move the Mirage2000 to arma 2.

Dedicated heavy interceptor is the F-15c War Eagle......for now :cool:

Yeah, the thing is the F18 is a primarily a naval aircraft. If you want it, then you need a Nimitz carrier too, and that's not in the RACS story.

Make do with the 15 or 16.

I'm not talking about YOUR lav25s, i'm saying that the base BIS Lav25 is being overwritten by your config. that means anyone using the lav25 from the USMC is being altered just because they may have PRACs loaded, even if they arent using PRACS equipment. Surely that couldnt have been your intent, right?

Mkay... was working on some stuff and now i rememebr why i did that.

Yes my base class for the LAV25 is overwriting the stock BIS LAV25. The reason i did that is so it adds weapon zeroing to the stock BIS LAV25.

Sorry i didnt remember until now. I live with brain damage. Thats the facts of life.

Yeah, the thing is the F18 is a primarily a naval aircraft. If you want it, then you need a Nimitz carrier too, and that's not in the RACS story.

Make do with the 15 or 16.

Switzerland, Canada, and Finland operate the F18 and none of them possess an aircraft carrier.

Switzerland, Canada, and Finland operate the F18 and none of them possess an aircraft carrier.

You forgot Australia.

lmao yeah - we like the flightmodel so much and the bomb versions are a little unwanted in evolution (as we dont like random bombing on city under attack) so we made them a little more precision etc (as per my pm a while back) in terms of AGMs and also added the CAP one. they're seeing a lot of use.

edit - check out the stand-off long range F16

f16_SO.jpg

and here it is in action

f16so2.jpg

and here's the stand-off A10 with pracs missiles (AGM88, delilah ALCM and exocet (modified for clustermine payload lol), couple of JSOW bombs and some mavs

a10so.jpg

can't get rock's wheelbrake to work on them - do you know what the animation name is for the geardown on the A4?

Edited by eggbeast

lmao yeah - we like the flightmodel so much and the bomb versions are a little unwanted in evolution (as we dont like random bombing on city under attack) so we made them a little more precision etc (as per my pm a while back) in terms of AGMs and also added the CAP one. they're seeing a lot of use. can't get rock's wheelbrake to work on them - do you know what the animation name is for the geardown on the A4?

"frontGear" or "maingear" im not sure what animation you use for your script

ok for F16 and mirage this works

_GearDown=(_vehicle animationphase "fold_gear_F")<0.5;

// --  RKSL-Rock 09 July 2010                                    
_vehicle=vehicle (_this select 0);
_loopexit = false;
while {!(_loopexit)} do  
{
_speed = speed _vehicle;
_alt=(getPos _vehicle) select 2;
_GearDown=(_vehicle animationphase "fold_gear_F")<0.5;
player vehicleChat "Wheel Brakes ON";
if ((_speed>20) and (_alt<1) and _GearDown) then 
{
	_vel=velocity _vehicle; 
	_vehicle setvelocity[(_vel select 0) * 0.7,(_vel select 1) * 0.7,(_vel select 2) * 0.7];
	sleep 0.5;
}
//etc

for stock planes this works fine

_GearDown=(_vehicle animationPhase "nlg")<0.1;

_vehicle=vehicle (_this select 0);
_loopexit = false;
while {!(_loopexit)} do  
{
_speed = speed _vehicle;
_alt=(getPos _vehicle) select 2;
_GearDown=(_vehicle animationPhase "nlg")<0.1;
player vehicleChat "Wheel Brakes ON";
if ((_speed>20) and (_alt<1) and _GearDown) then 
{
	_vel=velocity _vehicle; 
	_vehicle setvelocity[(_vel select 0) * 0.7,(_vel select 1) * 0.7,(_vel select 2) * 0.7];
	sleep 0.5;
}
//etc

just trying to figure out what A4ANIMATION tag is for the line below

_GearDown=(_vehicle animationPhase "A4ANIMATION")<0.1;

it looks like you used "fold_gear_F" as fold gear front? on F16 and mirage. can you confirm what the A4/etendard versions use?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

is this a new RACS secret weapon?

7wGVS5sUtYI

zFbn6YjQvTk

gopher = acoustic hammer tank

it's pickle's own sound mod - he calls it "speed of sound" - unreleased but we all use it

i think the interesting thing is that it's repeating over and over

he also uses warfx and hence the firework display - you could rent these out for fourth of july lol

can't say i've seen anything like this myself (although i was on the server when he saw this) so don't worry too much.

posted more for amusement value.

it's like THOR's Arrival that wreck lol

Hmm I've been seeing that same thing too when I tried to spawn some Harrier GBU's. The explosion would just repeat over and over and never stop, the map would slowly get destroyed and if you tried to come anywhere near it you were dead.