Are you using ace or any other enhancements?

also there is no change log. ive done so much work over such a long period of time its impossible to keep track of.

I'm using ACE, yes. Is this in response to the T-80 Refleks issue, the Su-24 gun issue or both issues?

I'm using ACE, yes. Is this in response to the T-80 Refleks issue, the Su-24 gun issue or both issues?

I believe it will be for both issues, RACS mod doesn't support ACE. I would suggest you don't use ACE.

I may have just missed it in the tabbed readme, but are there "faction names?" I may be using the wrong term, so let me explain. In the Ambient Combat Module, you can set specific factions to spawn. For example, in a huge Esbekistan mission I set up, I have all Taki Army units spawning as the module sees fit. I'd like to add in the PRACs units, but only the PRACs units and I don't really want to go unit by unit in the ACM init.

In short, if I use the Taki extension addon, will they be included in the ACM using the "BIS_TK" setfactionFunc? I'm guessing no. Is there a way include them (and the Blufor PRACS) with this function?

I may have just missed it in the tabbed readme, but are there "faction names?" I may be using the wrong term, so let me explain. In the Ambient Combat Module, you can set specific factions to spawn. For example, in a huge Esbekistan mission I set up, I have all Taki Army units spawning as the module sees fit. I'd like to add in the PRACs units, but only the PRACs units and I don't really want to go unit by unit in the ACM init.

In short, if I use the Taki extension addon, will they be included in the ACM using the "BIS_TK" setfactionFunc? I'm guessing no. Is there a way include them (and the Blufor PRACS) with this function?

all additions from the TK extention will be under the BIS takistani faction

PRACS is not bluefor...... it is independent. PRACS is the faction name.

Just want to say thanks wld427, the Su22 in particular is amazing.

Cheers for adding another dimension to the Armaverse.

Nice work as always. I really love the whole immersion. Do you have catalog of all the side stories you made for PRACS somewhere? I really enjoy reading those.

As a side note, since your adding naval forces, do you guys have that Type 42 destroyer(Arma I) model or did it belong to someone else?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5322&highlight=ANWM

Edited by arkengel

I believe it will be for both issues, RACS mod doesn't support ACE. I would suggest you don't use ACE.

Tested the Su-24 out of ACE. Still fires at ~260 degrees, 15 degrees upwards-ish.

Great work as always guys :D

I've been following Project RACS since the beginning in ArmA and always been amazed by the diversity of units and vehicles and the texture details. My favourite troops are the Paratroopers, often airlifted in to battle by the Puma or parachuted into a hot DZ. The Pinzgauer SFOD is absolutely fabulous and packs one hell of a punch :cool:

I was wondering if you have any plans of any more light vehicles in the future? Maybe a GMG version of the Pinzgauer SFOD? Would be great to see some sort of light vehicle with some AT capability, maybe a Landrover with SPG or something similar. A SOV version of the Landrover would go well with the Paras. The Hellenic Armed Forces Mod have just released their Flyer ITV. That might be worth a look at too.

When it comes to Helo's, I've already mentioned the fantastic Puma. The new RAH6 Angry Bird is brilliant too. I also quite enjoy using the UH-1N (CAS) for inserting small teams. Any future plans of making the UH-1N (AT) for the Army air wing or are you just keeping that one for the Marines?

There's definitely a good selection of fighters and bombers. Sometimes I find myself spoilt for choice there :P And I simply love that Mowhawk. It's perfect for those CAS missions. Some more aircraft for dedicated CAS missions would be great though. Maybe a BAC Strikemaster or A29 Super Tucano for CAS? Just a thought.

Anyways, congrats on your new release. Excellent work gents! I'm really enjoying mucking about with these :D

just a question generally - can you lock the hellfires on the mohawk on IR targets? we can't so we replace them with mavericks using a script. not a RACS problem but a general gunner/hellfire bug we have in arma2co? is it just us?

Nice work as always. I really love the whole immersion. Do you have catalog of all the side stories you made for PRACS somewhere? I really enjoy reading those.

As a side note, since your adding naval forces, do you guys have that Type 42 destroyer(Arma I) model or did it belong to someone else?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5322&highlight=ANWM

My naval forces for th time being will remain small. Arma2 is not really friendly to large ships and we had alot fo issues with that old type42 that kept it from coming to arma2. RKSL-Rock is working on a small vessel for me right now and hopefylly i can prod him into somethign slightly larger than the Sekra class boat.

Great work as always guys :D

I've been following Project RACS since the beginning in ArmA and always been amazed by the diversity of units and vehicles and the texture details. My favourite troops are the Paratroopers, often airlifted in to battle by the Puma or parachuted into a hot DZ. The Pinzgauer SFOD is absolutely fabulous and packs one hell of a punch :cool:

I was wondering if you have any plans of any more light vehicles in the future? Maybe a GMG version of the Pinzgauer SFOD? Would be great to see some sort of light vehicle with some AT capability, maybe a Landrover with SPG or something similar. A SOV version of the Landrover would go well with the Paras. The Hellenic Armed Forces Mod have just released their Flyer ITV. That might be worth a look at too.

When it comes to Helo's, I've already mentioned the fantastic Puma. The new RAH6 Angry Bird is brilliant too. I also quite enjoy using the UH-1N (CAS) for inserting small teams. Any future plans of making the UH-1N (AT) for the Army air wing or are you just keeping that one for the Marines?

There's definitely a good selection of fighters and bombers. Sometimes I find myself spoilt for choice there :P And I simply love that Mowhawk. It's perfect for those CAS missions. Some more aircraft for dedicated CAS missions would be great though. Maybe a BAC Strikemaster or A29 Super Tucano for CAS? Just a thought.

Anyways, congrats on your new release. Excellent work gents! I'm really enjoying mucking about with these :D

I am trying not to add anymore aircraft at this time. I do however want to massage some of the planes we already have for a few more loadout options. I have been toying with the idea of the SFOD pinny with a TOWII missile setup for the roof. I have some more wheeled APC variants that I am not quite ready to show off yet and they include one version with a TOW setup too.

Just want to say thanks wld427, the Su22 in particular is amazing.

Cheers for adding another dimension to the Armaverse.

Thank you for the kind words.

Tested the Su-24 out of ACE. Still fires at ~260 degrees, 15 degrees upwards-ish.

I will double check it. Are you running any other enhancements? If there is a conflict with another mod i usually try to resove it, is why i ask.

just a question generally - can you lock the hellfires on the mohawk on IR targets? we can't so we replace them with mavericks using a script. not a RACS problem but a general gunner/hellfire bug we have in arma2co? is it just us?

The pilot should ahve no issue locking the hellfires from the aircraft. The gunner position is simply a cargo seat for now.

Been a great update to an amazing mod. I'm really enjoying the sessions we have on the server in the evening. Staying up far later than I should...I yawn a lot in the AM at work. lol

Thanks again for all the hard work that Wld and EVERYONE else that contributes to this mod! Keep it up, and everyone should check out this mod and hop on the server for some awesome MP fun!

all additions from the TK extention will be under the BIS takistani faction

PRACS is not bluefor...... it is independent. PRACS is the faction name.

Thanks. The setfactionfunc doesn't care if they're BLUE or not, just the name, so I'll add them in as "PRACS" and see what happens.

forgive me for meddling with this excellent mod

i've been fixing up the planes so they work better with our server requirements

your PRACS hellfires do lock - have tested positively. They seem to have a low range though i think - if you fire from >2km away they seem to just disappear? run out of fuel?

Have you though about adding the GLT GPS/INS system to the planes?

I've just done it for a patch for our server (have added a wheel brake from RKSL too for carrier landing) - also added the fall.sqf fired event handler to all planes so they can bear CBU's (and edited JSOWs)

Also I have made a GLT missilebox edition of your F16's for our server - which means we can use the GPS/INS weapons - just a config patch.

I also borrowed your CBU script to make the RKSL JSOW's work properly (and added a clustermine to one of them.

last request/idea:

your models of F16 planes have the following pylon configuration:

CAP 1.1.1.1

AP 3.3F.1.1

AT 2.3.f.1

BMB 0.3.3.1

JDM 0.1.1.1

HSTK 0.1.1.1

PHSK 1.2.1.1

SEAD 1.2.f.1

IND 4.1.f.1

where number is count mountpoints per rail going from body of plane to wingtip. "F" is ffar pod, "3f" is triple far pod.

would it be possible to put in some alternate versions of the F16 to allow more visible custom weapon loadouts?

e.g.

IND 4.1.f.1 - mod to 4.2.2.1 - to allow for SDB rail plus 4xGBU and 4xAGM88 for example

BMB 0.3.3.1 - remove fuel tank and add a single rail (for harpoon, or JSOW or AIM7 etc)

PHSK 1.2.1.1 - modify to a heavy loadout config 2.3.2.1 - for multirole

might be ideas for you to look at - happy to share back of course. main thing is i hope you don't mind - it's only for use in our evo mission with RHS vs RACS on Dingor at the moment.

hop in for a looksee sometime

egg

Edited by eggbeast

Hi guys, I'm new-ish here but I've been following this site for quite a long time. Anyway, I loved the addon but I would like to contribute some constructive criticism here about the TK extension of your project. If you follow the comments on armaholic, I did try there but the commenting is not very followed I think. So here's some suggestions:

1)-Even though this addon increases aircraft, there is something missing in the air force...a higher-end air to air fighter. I mean like a Mig-29 or an F-16, that sort of standard. Because American F-15's and F-18's are gonna take down Mig-21's or Su-22's any day of the week. But have it up against these two planes, and you have a challenge on your hands!

2)-This addon makes the TK army a bit too inclined to the eastern side. The original army is a mix of eastern and western weaponry. Maybe replacing the Su-22 with an F-4 or an F-5 would make a difference. But then again, adding an F-16 would also do the trick.

3)-Takistan still has no navy. Whereas it's made to be a landlocked sort of country, there's too many addons that almost everyone has in which Takistan has a coastline. So a small navy would be awesome. And it spices stuff up anyway!

4)-Maybe it's a good idea to add some Chinese equipment to the army. China has begun to start making it's own tanks and exporting them, just a thought.

Don't get me wrong, I think this addon is great, just that these few things might make stuff perfect, and make the TK army a complete army. And I'm really interested in that because I love playing as Takistan.

Edited by pkzbad

great feedback pkzbad - we'd love better opfor ships to hunt...

the su24 is a good plane, but the su33 would be a great addition.

Note to missions makers: remember to put the artillery module on the map for the ammo types in the paladin to work!

Evolution RACS Dingor updated

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29&p=2250593&viewfull=1#post2250593

Edited by eggbeast

great feedback pkzbad - we'd love better opfor ships to hunt...

the su24 is a good plane, but the su33 would be a great addition.

Hey thanks!

Su-33...I don't know, too advanced maybe. The problem with the Su-24 is that, it's great but, in reality it's role is very similar to the Su-25 which Takistan already has. Su-33 is just a beautiful plane, my personal favorite, but I'd rather an F-16 just to keep a bit more balance between the Russian and American equipment the army has. Or the Mig-29, because there's a huge lack of Fulcrums in the game.

our mission at the moment has: su22, su24, su25, su34, su39, mig15, mig21, mig23, Tu22, maule and super tucano as opfor planes

much like the ka52 for choppers (albeit lately the mi28 has taken over as rotary wing badass) the mig21 remains the most evil plane to battle with