Ive been working a little bit lately.

M113 IFV got a TOW box.

th_arma2oa2012-06-1916-21-23-87.jpg

Takistani extension is done and so is the much awaited Su-22.

Update to come soon.

Hehe this M113 IFV TOW looks a bit like a early M2 Bradley prototype variant.... customized by RACS - now pimp'd by wld427! :)

Hehe this M113 IFV TOW looks a bit like a early M2 Bradley prototype variant.... customized by RACS - now pimp'd by wld427! :)

It's like a poor man's Bradley... Just better armed. :icon_twisted:

This update needs more TOW!

arma2oa2012-06-1916-23-15-95.jpg

sahrani military engineers increasing the light anti-tank capabilitites.

th_buldozer2012-06-2213-16-21-54.jpg

Question: In the spirit of creating a realistic Task Force deployment Consisting of US,CDF,Nogovan,Sahrani Forces to Takistan I would assume this the offical order of battle?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Military_Forces#United_Kingdom_of_Sahrani_.28UKS.29

if so what are the subordinate units(brigades/Regiments/Battalions) of 2para,3rd mtn, and the 1st ID and marines? seeing as they are divisions or did they absorb some of the units after the war http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Military_Forces#Former_Kingdom_of_South-Sahrani_.28KSS.29

and what are some of the units of the ADA,Artillery, and Armored Corps?

well for one i am not going to write a complete orbat fo ryou. it is up to the mission maker to choose what units to use.

secondly i do not know who wrote that bullshit page but it absolutely in no way reflects my mod. One of those factions even has the never exported F-105 thunderchief. Thanks for the laugh.

finally, feel free to organize the units and equipment as you wish that is why i made them and organized them like i did. The armored units are intended to be used with the infantry if your choice. Same goes for the helicopters and other aircraft. The only thing is the marines have thier own seaborne type camo. They will get an update with some new armored vehicles and a harrier.

thanks for your interest in my mod.

Maddii would be the one who did up that whole page. Even added his own fictional factions to what was supposed to be the official faction list. :j:

Don't know if it is of any use to you but I have been using this for PRAC's just replace russian equipment for what ever you want to put in the, its only up to company level however I can expand if you would like me to.

https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0ARHyHmQTd2NjZGM4MzZqbXFfMmdmOXQ2M2hj Coy ORBAT

https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0ARHyHmQTd2NjZGM4MzZqbXFfM2d4bjhuamhq Coy in the Defence

https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0ARHyHmQTd2NjZGM4MzZqbXFfMGM3dGhrOGZr Coy in the offence + some general info on BG offensive actions

Thank you for including the AV8B. It will be much appreciated and used upon its' release. ;)

As for force-structures.

Though it is by individual choice, my personal preference, based upon an eclectic set of data-points is as follows:

1st INF Div

2nd Paratroop Div

3rd Mountain Div

MP Bn

Army Recon Bn

Royal Marines 2x MEB, 4x MEU

Royal Commandos BCT

Royal Fusiliers BCT

Princess Sarah 2x ACR Armored Cavalry Regiment

Sahrani NG Cavalry Div

Royal Sahrani AF

Red Brigade BCT

Desert Red Brigade BCT

UN Bn

The actual internal breakdowns are per their r/w West and Uk/Eu counter-parts, with the exceptions being Red Bde (IMRB) Russian Independent Motor Rifle Brigade based upon the newly authorized structure for Ru based BCT.

Likewise, in counter, TA Takistani Army is based off of NK North Korean and late 80s early 90s model Russian force structures, per unit and mission type.

TNA Takistan National Army is based off of planned force structures for IA Iraqi Army and ANA Afghan National Army, due to its' respective role.

CDF is based upon the Serbian Army; CDF being Slavic in origin.

Large scale logistics is not scaled or handled using an ArmA base, since it cannot model the distances and r/w tonnage required. Only regional logistics, (after everything has arrived,) is modeled.

Edited by mannequin

I was just messing around in the mission editor and I noticed some of the vehicles just are ridiculously hard to destroy. Specifically the BMP-1 and SA-13. I was using the AC-130 script and I hit both with direct multiple 105MM shots and they didn't blow up, nor did they take any damage whatsoever (used team switch to see how badly they were hit after each shot). Also just tried shooting them with a Javelin as well. Sometimes they would blow up after one shot, and sometimes it would not suffer any damage at all.

Are you using the new patch? or any other mods?

If so i cannot guarantee anything works at all propperly. it seems that whoever is in charge of things tore up all of the ammunition settings and values. It has been noted that both of those vehicles had issues. Besides i never relased the final version of takistani extension and i really am not sure if i will at all. it has been weeks since i have been in my P drive. Im just so dissapointed with the direction the game is headed and it is sapping all of my modding desire.

Nah, the only mods I was using was the TK extension and CBA, and I was using CO 1.62

Sorry to hear that man, I'm not really excited for Arma 3 either...

wld427, I'm really sorry to hear this, and for what it's worth I just wanted to let you know PRACS is easily my all time most favorite mod to use. I actually downloaded the mod out of boredom a few months ago and found myself completely blown away at the amount of content which was included as well as the quality of the work. Since then I've found myself basing a lot of my missions around your faction and I have a lot of fun with it, the content is so varied that I have yet to find myself bored and there are even times where it feels like I'm not even playing the same mod. The TK Extension has a lot of possibilities as well and makes me even more eager for what could come in the future. I really just wanted to drop by and say thanks a lot for your work, I appreciate it a ton and I'm sure every other member who plays with PRACS feels the same way.

wld427, I'm really sorry to hear this, and for what it's worth I just wanted to let you know PRACS is easily my all time most favorite mod to use. I actually downloaded the mod out of boredom a few months ago and found myself completely blown away at the amount of content which was included as well as the quality of the work.

Absolutely have to agree with this! It's easily one of the most complete, mature and consistently high quality factions out there.

Just a heads up guys as ive had several Emails asking if i am abandoning the project. No pracs is not abandoned and some work is continuing. As stated before the arma3 stuff has taken alot of wind out of my sails so please be patient.

The Su22 is complete and so is the takistani extension. There has been alot of content updated and some new stuff added.

I am still trying to get my artillery units working completely right. I have them firing but it has been difficult to get the shells to accurately hit the targets or getting the alternate shells functioning propperly. So please if anyone has been able to wrap their head around the artillery computer i could really use some help. Once i get the arty right i will release the update.

I have decided not to return to college in the fall and begin enjoying my retirement so i will ahve much more time to spend on arma......and hopefully not minecraft.

That's very good news!

We Armaddicts need you! So this means that there will be a M901 in the RACS arsenal? :) and what about an AIFV in RACS colours? Honestly I think it would fit them pretty well (just dreamin' of course)

And don't let this Arma3 talk drag you down, some of us will stick with ArmaII and therefor PRACS for a looooooooooooong time to come

been difficult to get the shells to accurately hit the targets

Same here!

I wish BIS would give us some documentation on how to configure for the artillery computer because I cannot figure it out... my shells always hit way past the targets.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been on extended leave. But real-life has called and I am answering that call. I'm going to get back in to ArmA at some point. Just not sure when. Sorry I couldn't say my "goodbyes" earlier, but I don't like saying goodbye. Just on leave. I'll be back at some point though and glad to hear you're still hard at work on our beloved PRACS Wld!

Sorry I do not know much of anything about the arty computer, hopefully someone will step up to the plate and help out.

See ya guys around!

Mack

Same for me, 3 years now.

Just a few words to the team to say that I'm happy to see they are still working on the project.

That's very good news!

We Armaddicts need you! So this means that there will be a M901 in the RACS arsenal? :) and what about an AIFV in RACS colours? Honestly I think it would fit them pretty well (just dreamin' of course)

And don't let this Arma3 talk drag you down, some of us will stick with ArmaII and therefor PRACS for a looooooooooooong time to come

You mean llike this......

th_arma2oa2012-03-2514-53-08-20.jpg

Same for me, 3 years now.

Just a few words to the team to say that I'm happy to see they are still working on the project.

Good to see you around still!

Catch me on MSN sometime buddy

You mean llike this......

Yes, YEs, YES! and boom goes the dynamit... damn, need to change pants...

good to see you still have it in the works wld!

Good to see you around still!

Catch me on MSN sometime buddy

thx!

I've been "forced" to come back here to reply a PM and then asked myself how things are going with you.

I can't even recall my MSN login and pass, I think I'll create another one and then I'll PM you.

Take care

The good news is that Sekra has taken the artillery computer, bent it over the prison sink, and made it his bitch!

All the arty units are workign propperly and i am going to eventually put together a small tut on how it is done. you will be amazed at how easy it really is to get working.

the bad news is..... well i really dont have any otehr than ill get some pics of the AIFV up soon.

oh and a new vehicle intended for the spec ops troops....

th_buldozer2012-08-2017-06-11-86.jpg

new boat....

th_buldozer2012-06-1219-37-07-03.jpg

new tank killer....

th_arma2oa2012-08-1515-53-10-26.jpg