Besides the T-80B is the T-80BV simply without the reactive armor fitted. The russians had over 1000 of this version in storage due to their poor performance in chechnya. It was still a good tank but was highly vulnerable to Muj hunter killer groups volly firing RPGs. They have been shopping for a customer to purchase these tanks for a while now. Intended customers were India,Greece and Turkey but they all opted for a new production tank instead of something from storage.

So it is a good fit that the takis were able to pick them up at bargain price.

Besides the Takis have oil money, right? :)

All that arab monay!

Not alot of oil but probably enough to buy T-80B's and T-80BV's and supply them...

Troll warning! Troll transmission incoming...

Besides the Takis have oil money, right?

Why would USA invade Takistan if they didn't have oil :)

End of troll transmission...

Serisously though, Takistan might be secretly funded by Nations and organsations who dislikes or hates USA like Iran, Al-qaeda or whatever. There by giving them funds to buy stuff like T80s etc...

I think a semi-advanced T-80 variant is reasonable for takistan.

Also check the OA handbook. Right at the start it talks about coltan. The US invasion probably wasn´t entirely about oil (It was a bonus, I guess. Also, Takistan tried to invade its neighbour (Karzhegistan?) to occupy their oil fields, so maybe they didn´t have too much of that. The probable reason was that the US/Allies wanted to secure precious rare minerals and metals for production of advanced electronics, and prevent Russia (being a neighbour of Takistan) from gaining direct access to those resources.

If the Takistani government put money into developing it´s mining economy, they were probably able to sell for good prices to developing high tech industries such as China, India, Russia and possibly some south american countries, and smaller buyers like Iran or NK, enabling them to rack up the funds to buy expensive tanks to bolster their aging military. That´d only be my reasoning, though, I dunno if it´s really making sense and all...

Anyways, thx again for the mod, looking forward to any coming iterations :>

Maybee you heard about this being my mod so my choices........

Maybe you heard that people are entitled to their opinions

Yes the model is from Vilas.

Kudos to vilas then

people can have there opinions, but at the end of the day RACS is made by wld427 its his choice.

Well in the end i know nothing fo scripting therefore i cannto help. All i can tell you is the model is actually the BIS M113 base so i really don't know how to fix it.

If someone would be so kind as to tell me how i will impliment it, but i will spend no time chaisng this issue down.

fair enough man - we're keen to fix this - it probably requires an edit of the R3F script specifically for the RACS mod missions - as the scripts come packed with the mission that is totally do-able.

basically we edited R3F to make a lot more vehicles capable of towing, but the stock ones all align ok.

if we put a string of RACS M113's together then they align fine, as do 2 trucks or 2 scorpions/scimitars. If we tow a repair truck to the back of an m113 or a scorpion for example then they drop down through the floor or rise up - the script adds 3m on and i guess this is the problem. the AA guns go crazy - they go right up in the air so we have to tip the vehicle onto its side to recover the gun lol. good for testing our field ingenuity.

i guess i was just wondering if there was a way of managing the bounding boxes for the modles so they all lined up along a central tow-bar height kind of thing... do some of them need a trim? etc.

it's a weird problem and i know it's not yours really so no worries - we'll try and work something out and report back.

one minor bug - sorry to bang on here I don't mean to at all - are you finding that when you use the m163 and phalanx that the sights are lined up with cross-hair but when you TAB lock the target then the firing becoimes offset considerably to the right? you can test this by locking any target then facing the other way and shooting a wall or popup target BEFORE and AFTER locking it. i have a feeling it's an inbuilt bug in the stock weapon class.

Edited by eggbeast

Kudos to vilas then

and maybee you heard you can move right on to the next thread. i really don't have the time to be bothered making just you happy.. You are new here so obviously you don't have clue as to how things work. If you want to expend the effort to make exactly the version you want, then by all means go for it. I justified my choice fo the T-80B and not the BV or UD.

@eggbeast.

RKSL Rock and I took a hard look at the issue. It seems that a named property in the model is causing an issue. We were able to get the pinzgauers solved rather quickly. It willl just take a few days for me to update all the models but they will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Sorry if i seemed a bit crass with you but i have always been of the opinion its not my job to make a 3rd party addon work with my stuff. The fix for this is simple and can be implimented with minimal effort. So I really don't mind doing it.

As usual i want to thank Rock for helping to solve my probs once again. Tris U Da Man!

Glad to see you again on the scene wld427 !

Nice new addon, you did a great work with PRACS...

Carry on the great work !

awesome stuff buddy - yeah i didn't seeyou beingcrass, just working on a lotta stuff i understand mate. i was hoping it might be some easy fix that would help the whole mod work with R3f and it sounds like it is - which is GREAT news!

thanks for considering the issue mate

and maybee you heard you can move right on to the next thread. i really don't have the time to be bothered making just you happy.. You are new here so obviously you don't have clue as to how things work. If you want to expend the effort to make exactly the version you want, then by all means go for it. I justified my choice fo the T-80B and not the BV or UD.

with all my due respect, maybe you heard about thing called "modesty", mate? if I have somethin to say I'll do it, and you don't like what I write - maybe it's your own problem, unless moderators say otherwise. and there's no reason for me to move to another thread.

don't want to make particular model of T-80? that's your call, who in the right mind would argue about that?

and me being new to this place only because I created account only in 2009 - funny. I've been around since 2002.

with all my due respect, maybe you heard about thing called "modesty", mate? if I have somethin to say I'll do it, and you don't like what I write - maybe it's your own problem, unless moderators say otherwise. and there's no reason for me to move to another thread.

don't want to make particular model of T-80? that's your call, who in the right mind would argue about that?

and me being new to this place only because I created account only in 2009 - funny. I've been around since 2002.

Dude, deal with it. A lot of people around here don't like when people come into their threads and basically tell them what to do. Drop it and move on.

are you using any other mod besides PRACS? My testers nor I have any of the issues you report.

all backpacks are 100% functional and sights aligned.

Sorry it has taken this long to get back, real life and all.

Yes I am using both ACE2 and Mando-Missiles. I have tried PRACS as a stand-alone and experienced the problem, and have tried it with both of the mods running with the same problem, but only when operating as a part of a larger sea unit. As a single entity no problem was experienced. As time allows I will try to tighten this down and hopefully be able to provide you with more concise information.

w/r

Sorry it has taken this long to get back, real life and all.

Yes I am using both ACE2 and Mando-Missiles. I have tried PRACS as a stand-alone and experienced the problem, and have tried it with both of the mods running with the same problem, but only when operating as a part of a larger sea unit. As a single entity no problem was experienced. As time allows I will try to tighten this down and hopefully be able to provide you with more concise information.

w/r

i apologize but all i can say is something is conflicting. It is definately not PRACS

just uploading a new fixed updated pack of RACS Evolution missions here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29&p=2146002&viewfull=1#post2146002

a lot of them were broken by the fieldhospital name change - all of these have this fixed.

we're playing RACS lingor the most, but panthera, afghan and takistan are all our later versions of Evo.

we will be updating sahrani, duala, tigeria, tropica, fallujah and chernarus in due course...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29&p=2146002&viewfull=1#post2146002

a lot of them were broken by the fieldhospital name change - all of these have this fixed.

we're playing RACS lingor the most, but panthera, afghan and takistan are all our later versions of Evo.

we will be updating sahrani, duala, tigeria, tropica, fallujah and chernarus in due course...

Thanks as always eggbeast. I will try tog et the updated units out by the coming weekend but no promises. I have some new boats i want to get implimented may take a little more time.

and if they dont get done all PM skera with a unhappy face.... he has me plaing minecraft and wargame:european escalation instead of working on my arma stuff

Eggy, I might pop in and join you for a game or two this week, if that's OK?

Eggy, I might pop in and join you for a game or two this week, if that's OK?

yeah jump in - we'replaying lingor RACS atm - add me on xfire - eggbeast and we can sort out any problems joining

Hi all, I am proud to announce that PRACS units/vehicles are now a playable/selectable faction for use in my SP mission LOST, on all 10+ map versions.

Supported Friendly Factions:

"@PRACS 1st Infantry",

"@PRACS 2nd Para",

"@PRACS 3rd Mountain",

"@PRACS Royal Marines",

"@PRACS Royal Fusiliers",

"@PRACS Prc. Sarah's Brigade",

"@PRACS Red Brigade",

"@PRACS Red Brigade Desert",

"@PRACS Army Recon",

"@PRACS Royal Commandos/Snipers",

"@PRACS National Guard",

"@PRACS UN Peacekeepers",

"@PRACS Air Force Troops",

"@PRACS Military Police",

"@PRACS Vehicles",

Supported enemy factions:

"@PRACS TK Extension"

You can pick and choose to include other mods including Australians (AAW) , PCDF, OFrP, and BWMod to have this mod fighting alongside/against a wide variety of armies.

Thread

GITS Evolution MP co-op 22 players

Island: Lingor NEW RACS

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolution-RACS_Lingor_v5.lingor.pbo

Mods:

@CBA

@RACS_land

@RACS_sea

@RACS_air

@RACS_main

@Lingor1337

@lingor_units_v13

Standard clientside mods:

@blazes_weapons

@bp_bloodscreen

@cmsound

@RUG_DSAI (russian version)

ALL mods available here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

any update on the Su22 or the F18?

Edited by eggbeast

Is there a possible way for you to re-skin the vanilla AV-8B Harrier II for use with the PRACS Marines? The Entendard is a nice choice, but having the STVOL provides an expeditionary unit with more options vs dedicated airfields or LHA.

Thanks.

w/r.

The marines were never intended to be that large of a force. They are still missing several key elements as well. maybee further development will continue as after seeing the preview for arma3, and its star wars concept reminds me how much i hated ghost recon, and started playing arma instead. I will add the harrier and eventually some mroe vehicles to thier sections.

I have been busy with reall ife and helping a couple other mods lately so the update will happen eventually.

He's helped me out, I'll stop bugging him so he can work on his own stuff :)