My job is to respond to user reports. You can do whatever you want, of course, but this sort of flies in the face of what you say about sticking together.

It also flies in the faces of my wishes to just let it be.

My point is this: vague rumours, like the one you just started, aren't helping anyone. If you want to do what little we can do about these things, RTM or at least let the guys in AMAR (of which you are a part) know what it is to look out for.

My point is this: vague rumours, like the one you just started, aren't helping anyone. If you want to do what little we can do about these things, RTM or at least let the guys in AMAR (of which you are a part) know what it is to look out for.

my point was just to let it be because of all the reasons listed in AMAR thread.

it was also to prevent the exact discussion we are having now. Interpret the rules as you may, you have simply cemented the statements i made earlier.

You seem to be having a very difficult time letting it go.

my point was just to let it be because of all the reasons listed in AMAR thread.

I don't think complacency was ever recommended in any AMAR topic, and I wasn't suggesting you name names in your own thread. But okay, this is the last thing I'll post here for the time being unless you post something that needs a response- for instance, like suggesting AMAR recommends complacency.

well thank you for taking my thread wildly offtopic.......

complacency?

now you are throwing vague accusations. I never recommended anything besides not participating in discussions like this with you or anyone else. remember the let it go part? I am sensing you are trying to bait me into an infraction.

now lets get back on topic. Anyone remember what this thread was about? oh yeah, Project RACS!

a little update on the Takistani extension.....

so here is some eye candy for you all. Special thanks to Ballistic09 for taking some more awesome screenshots of new loadouts and the effects of the fuel air bombs during his testing session. As you can see things dont go so well for that BMP2. The fitter is shaping up to be one of the best planes i have worked on yet. TO RE-ITERATE Special thanks to Franze for the original model, RKSL-Rock for teaching me a bunch about flight models, ballistic09 and sekra for serious input and testing.

th_arma2oa2012-03-1122-03-22-09.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-1122-23-36-49.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-1122-14-18-47.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-1122-14-54-85.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-1122-16-58-81.jpg

I'm going to gloss over this whole complacency thing, but this next thing requires a response:

remember the let it go part? I am sensing you are trying to bait me into an infraction.

I think the argument can be made that if I was trying to bait you into saying something infractionable, I just succeeded. I wasn't, however. I'm not sure where you get this deep distrust of moderators, but it's quite silly. If you have any more criticism of moderators doing moderator actions, please address it in PM to any moderator or Placebo. Consider this an in-thread reminder. And yes, this is a moderator action.

i don't have a deep distrust of moderators. There we go again YOU throwing the accusation.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop taking my thread off topic. If you have issue with me please follow the rules and take it to PM.

again in an attempt to return the thread to an ontopic status. More cool pictures form Ballistic09.

th_arma2oa2012-03-0218-40-20-30.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-0218-31-41-38.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-0218-27-48-50-1.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-0218-26-47-47-1.jpg

th_arma2oa2012-03-0218-24-05-08.jpg

I just RACS'D in my pants.

Sad to see your awesome work won't continue into ARMA 3.:(

I just RACS'D in my pants.

Kept happening to me too all the time, now I just have a plastic cover on my armchair and I don't wear any pants.

@wld427: keep up the good work!

Epic work their wld427.

O/T - I share your thoughts about Arma3...Thats why we should all respect mod makers, keeping the dream alive :)

Most of us feel the same way. Maybe ArmA 4 will be realistic again and focus on Russians or Germans, instead of the US. Nice work as usual Wld.

Most of us feel the same way. Maybe ArmA 4 will be realistic again and focus on Russians or Germans, instead of the US. Nice work as usual Wld.

Why don't you replace that "most of us" with an "I" ;)

The Taki screens look good though :)

Now I just have a plastic cover on my armchair and I don't wear any pants.

LOL Sekra, that must get messy.

@wld427: excellent work

what is a 4x4 APC?

Sorry WLD, I wasn't fully awake when I posted - hopefully you'll find this to be more helpful. :) These issues are obviously very minor:

The Pinzgauer and LAV APCs in particular. Here's a screenshot of what I mean. I had the same thing w/ my BRDM units, and I found that the only way to fix it was to delete the existing light polys from the LODs and copy/paste a known good one in their place. It seems like sometimes the light points and light polys simply don't work correctly. Even after copy/paste the base model to make a new one, I found several times that even doing that made the light polys stop working. Note that the light cone works fine:

pinz_lights.jpg

And here is the shadow issue. The shadow looks correct up close, so I'll go out on a limb to say the 2nd distance shadow LOD is the one w/ the problem. It looks either like the shadow LOD is .05 too high, or that it needs to be reduced to about 97% scale. To be honest I didn't notice for the longest time:

lav_shadows.jpg

I've been looking at the armory for the 1st Marine Division and in terms of heavy armor, it's kind of lacking. The Marines only have access to the Leopard 1A4, the M109, and no Amphibious Attack Vehicles besides the LAV and as it stands right now the Army has more Amphibious capabilities(M113 Family, BMP-2, and the LAV Family) than the Marines, who are supposed to the primary amphibious attack force not the army.

about to spendanother day in RACS panthera evolution - man this mod rocks... last night we had a pitched battle of SAMS, phalanx and vulcans against increasing enemy Su24 and 25 air attacks down the southern valleys. the perimeter kept getting breached by spetznaz and MVD probing attacks until we brought in 2 sekra class patrol boats to pummel the treeline along the shore...

you guys deserve massive pats on the back and a crate of beer for this mod...

I've been looking at the armory for the 1st Marine Division and in terms of heavy armor, it's kind of lacking. The Marines only have access to the Leopard 1A4, the M109, and no Amphibious Attack Vehicles besides the LAV and as it stands right now the Army has more Amphibious capabilities(M113 Family, BMP-2, and the LAV Family) than the Marines, who are supposed to the primary amphibious attack force not the army.

The marines are only intended to be a small shore party. I could make a whole mod about them alone or i could just remove them......would an amphibious LVTP-7 or whatever that US marines tracked thingy is suffice? I dont want to make them too big or you are going to start asking for LCACs and landing ships etc. I avoided the LVTP because PRACS has no ship to launch or project them. So in the end they seemed kinda pointless.

about to spendanother day in RACS panthera evolution - man this mod rocks... last night we had a pitched battle of SAMS, phalanx and vulcans against increasing enemy Su24 and 25 air attacks down the southern valleys. the perimeter kept getting breached by spetznaz and MVD probing attacks until we brought in 2 sekra class patrol boats to pummel the treeline along the shore...

you guys deserve massive pats on the back and a crate of beer for this mod...

guys??? this mod represents 3 years worth of my personal obsession for fun multiplayer gameplay. Too bad we didnt get many people on the PRACS server. This entire mod is me, myself, and I working. Sorry to toot my horn but my team gets alot of credit so sice im the only one, i felt like giving myself some credit after the way i have been treated lately. I am glad you are enjoying the addons. It does me great pleasure to hear so. Please post some pics from your gaming. i would greatly appreciate that.

Too bad we didnt get many people on the PRACS server.

I would love to join your sessions with my team (8-15 players / attendance each week, usually on Thursday) but what are usual times you're playing? PST, CST, EST, zulu? :)

Not only that wld427 is working hard on PRACS project, he has helped me enormously with my projects (Duala, Lingor). If I could model properly, I would put your statue to one of my towns ;)

wld is in the US, but the server is in Germany. Most tests are in the evening UK time. You have our TS server details?

Please post some pics from your gaming. i would greatly appreciate that.

Outside the FARP at Fallujah - I cargolifted some armor assets down to the FARP and then landed on the hotel to lase for the A10. Shortly after that my buddy switched to the F15 War Eagle to keep the FARP safe from those blasted Su-25's! We keep the SA6 in reserve for the Ka-52's and their magic ninja SAM-dodging abilities. Larger pics in the links:

pracs_fal1sm.jpg

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pXLes0hrq-EXPvBQq2T9QOxcZlRiM3pOBz6YpmNgbPiWLeBCg4vXRFfg5InzaWaIQ_2pactZ5qyYjiL5qjKe8PQ/pracs_fal1.jpg

pracs_fal2sm.jpg

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pjExtnIFJG1OlUBvfWuw0t0lI3tc6Pl8NTsH9T_kOPfLZxTfJESrhvMzILjC5XU3jrjMfnDzWOQyz2DYjelp-jQ/pracs_fal2.jpg

pracs_fal3sm.jpg

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pdPn0WnwtCZdJQHRGgDsxRWkkY49Nv_8Fb0Y0-AiyhGGygtfQfH0OL4qXfaleVT1zOvJT_UOjEFdWPX1ulRR4gA/pracs_fal3.jpg

pracs_fal4sm.jpg

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1piAkXq6J68Mz79rlxXXuPzzPFG0A0yRoIqiBsXx1A2BFiDqSEtXBamhVQkHAch8XndIAYvc9TaQFiBqA_51sMWQ/pracs_fal4.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

If I could model properly, I would put your statue to one of my towns ;)

+1 for that!!

wow you made it all alone? amazing, truly. *bows* it's such a great mod.

one little thing (there are many small cuts to bear!)

the PRACS_351_SAM differs in name convention from all the other SAMS - which would have had it PRACS_M351_SAM - just sussed this out and helped me fix a bug in the mission that stopped it respawning! just mentioning in case you hadn't noticed etc. no harm done.

Okay I'm going to have to brave the flames and ask, as I'm trying to road test this gear for my clan.

Are there any known conflicts with ACE on this mod that mean that the units are unsuitable to be used as OpFor?

I am aware that armour and ballistics and such like will be different, configurations will be out of whack and so on, that's okay, that's something that occurs with any mod that isn't ACE built.

What I'm wondering though is does the really big shouty block capitals message in the Read Me mean that there is some sort of certain fail in an ACE combination, or is it just the case that the RACS mods are self contained and differently configured in the way that pretty much any other modded unit is before it is ACE-configured? The Read Me implies that both mods together is some sort of killswitch, but if it is just a case of two separate mods that have any relation to each other than that might well be workable.

Fundamentally it's not my intent to put the RACS units in the mission to be played, I want to use them as OpFor, so any difference in ballistics or controls won't be an issue. As we're infantry based too this means that the armour system that ACE uses won't be an issue, as I doubt we'd use much armour.

@Hovis. The RACS stuff is simply not built or tested for ACE. There is no deliberate aim to NOT make them work in ACE. The reason for the quote in the readme is addon makers otherwise get inundated with questions like 'Will you make this ACE compatible'.

Having said this, in my experience there's never been any obvious problems when I have used the units with ACE. The vehicles maybe don't fit so well due to the major config differences, but they do mainly work. Suck it and see is the advice I would give.

@Hovis. The RACS stuff is simply not built or tested for ACE. There is no deliberate aim to NOT make them work in ACE. The reason for the quote in the readme is addon makers otherwise get inundated with questions like 'Will you make this ACE compatible'.

Having said this, in my experience there's never been any obvious problems when I have used the units with ACE. The vehicles maybe don't fit so well due to the major config differences, but they do mainly work. Suck it and see is the advice I would give.

That's fair enough. The way it's worded in the Read Me makes it sound like it's a serious issue. If it's just configs that won't matter at all in the grand scheme of things (Fingers crossed).