Damn this looks more and more like RACS going to conquer & annihilate all of Armaverse. Guess BLUFOR and OPFOR are now just trying to negotiate a ceasefire or even agree on a truce...

Btw did Sahrani send some spy's or undercover agents into Chernarus/Takistan to get some intel first-hand? Rumours said that you can't trust those double-agents from any faction. ;)

Damn this looks more and more like RACS going to conquer & annihilate all of Armaverse. Guess BLUFOR and OPFOR are now just trying to negotiate a ceasefire or even agree on a truce...

Btw did Sahrani send some spy's or undercover agents into Chernarus/Takistan to get some intel first-hand? Rumours said that you can't trust those double-agents from any faction. ;)

Im kinda tired of this argument.

BUT....

The RACS are not intended to conquer the world. The intention has always been to provide a 3rd COMPLETE faction for players and clans to use. Not just a bunch of rag tag stuff put together. The concept was originally going to be a completely fictional nation, but when BIS gave us Sahrani in Arma1 i used it instead. I personally am tired of fighting as the russians or americans all the time. So the Independant army can fight any other one out there. In the end it make for much wider gameplay IMHO. Plus PRACS gives the mission maker a wide range of equipment to choose from to simulate any time frame from the early 60's right into tomorrow.

I love the look of the Scorpion and Scimitar :)

fair enough you are giving the mission maker a wide rang of addons and i dont have a problem with that, but most of it is from around the same era..or is still in use today..to me the with all that equipment the racs would have a logistical nightmare

Guys the content is there for people that want to use it, nobody is forcing anybody to place those units down in a mission.

It doesn't have to make sense

Guys the content is there for people that want to use it, nobody is forcing anybody to place those units down in a mission.

i know that, just when wld said its so you have different era's to choose from my point was most are from the same era

going by my country and others, some changed drastically from 1960 till 2010 with the economic growth

well in 1960 you can use M60A3 or leo1 with m113s or for today you can use abrams and scorpions....

I have compared the logistics of the RACS army here till i have been blue in the face. Countries like turkey, greece, egypt, georgia, etc use the best of what they can ourchase at the time. The FDF flies F-18s with Mig21s, Pakistani Mirages with the latest chineese gear, and Egyptian M1A2s with T55s. greek leopards and russian SA-15s. I can go on and on about this again.....simply select what YOU want to use.

Loving the look of the new content!

I too, am bored of US vs RU, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that having the choice of another full fighting force, like RACS, really is greatly appreciated. Especially the quality of it all.

The more stuff to choose from, the better!

Big thanks for all the continued work!

Just goes to show how much BIS is lacking in their representations of factions. All that is provided is the bare minimum that they wanted for their campaigns and that's it. There's just so many missions you can bare to play where you blow up those Tunguskas. I would gladly exchange any and all campaigns in the ArmA series for even half decent representations of real world military units. Lets face it when it comes to BIS they can scrounge up an almost working engine but the campaigns.. Well let's just say that I haven't seen that much manure in one place other than that power plant using pig excrement in the movie Mad Max 3.

What wld427 shows with PRACS is you don't have to have the biggest, brightest nor the prettiest models (although I'm not saying they aren't either!) as long as the addons are free of errors and the different branches are thought out! With PRACS and Takistani Extension, you get two factions that are more complete than the rest of BIS stuff put together.

Wld427's RACS is also a leading faction on my new upcoming map that controls the majority of the map (North & Central big town region). I'll design two other factions ;) so basically we will be able to have a 3-sided warfare.

Wld427's RACS is also a leading faction on my new upcoming map that controls the majority of the map (North & Central big town region). I'll design two other factions ;) so basically we will be able to have a 3-sided warfare.

Immense! Just as I was just wishing RACS had woodland camo so I could use them on Lingor, you announce this. Splendid!

G'day!

those are some veeeeeeeeery impressive shots of the new hardware! couple of things that crossed my mind though:

a.) G3 rifle: is there any chance that in the future you will make versions with RIS? (I know that it sounds COD'ish oder BF'ish, so 99% NO I guess :D )

b.) BMP2: have you considered using Vilas' BMP2 M ?

and now to a more usefull question:

will you make true 'SD' magazines for the G3 Sopmod and the MK48 SD? currently they are quite useless as the enemy (AI) will detect you almost instantly once you fire a round. I know that the main focus lies on MP but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for your continous hard work!

I concur with the need for SD magazines... I thought that was because I was playing against 'expert' AI but if that is a simple mag addition that would be great!

A quick question about the Vulcan - I seem to be able to flip it on its side almost on command by driving full speed over small rocks (rocks that are small enough to drive over). When the rocks hit the tracks, the vehicle flips on its side.

After working on the tracks for my UGV addon, I think this behavior may be due to the weight of the tracks in the geometry LOD, and possibly due to the shape. I was reading a post about the track shapes in the geom LOD requiring a larger percentage of the weight to keep the vehicle from "bouncing" around, and also raising the bottom high enough to keep it from getting stuck on smaller objects.

It seems like this is an issue with the 3D model or perhaps I'm a lucky driver?

Immense! Just as I was just wishing RACS had woodland camo so I could use them on Lingor, you announce this. Splendid!

what are you talking about? the infantry are entirely in woodland camo of some sort aside from the desert red brigade. there is no desert camo. vehicles, don't knock the pattern until you've tried it. it works suprisingly well in the woods.

x2.

But haters gonna hate anyway..

x2.

But haters gonna hate anyway..

not hating. just saying my opinion

anyone interested in participating in multiplayer please PM me

Come on guys, intensive MP testing going on for the next few days! Join up!

Sekra- Is that PRACS TS server still up, or has the protocol for joining these MP games changed? It's been a while, but I'd love to help out, given I've got a little bit of free time on my hands, for once.

Great time on the PRACS MP server tonight!

I'll have to grab some screenshots next time...if I remember.

Thanks Sekra and Wld for coming up with a great MP server for PRACS!

not hating. just saying my opinion

I think the idea isn't necessarily different era's, but more along the lines of the mission maker creating their version of the Sahrani military.

If the mission maker wants to have a RACS that depends heavily on European equipment, because in his mission the RACS end up fighting the USMC or US Army, they can. If they want a more soviet bloc style lineup, they can have it. If they want Sahrani to be a country heavily influenced by the US, they can. So on and so forth. Eddie provides the ability, the mission maker uses that ability to put PRACS together in the combination they like best. They don't have to use everything, although most people want to. ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Nikiforos

If you have any other personal requests that have nothing to do with the topic, I would appreciate it if you would take it to PM or to Visitor message. Thank you.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Damn. I was SO looking forward to this. My PC is in bits with a dead PSU. I hope to be back online soon.

I think the idea isn't necessarily different era's, but more along the lines of the mission maker creating their version of the Sahrani military.

Must learn to read before learning to write young padawan:

Plus PRACS gives the mission maker a wide range of equipment to choose from to simulate any time frame from the early 60's right into tomorrow.

So I do believe the idea exactly is to be able to use RACS units in different points in history, not just the modern battlefield.

Damn. I was SO looking forward to this. My PC is in bits with a dead PSU. I hope to be back online soon.

Get well soon Tanky!