I really like this mod.

I am really into different types of camo and the kind you use for your infantry is awesome. I do have a problem with the marines though. They seem like they are in a whole different league than everything else. In fact I personally can''t stand anything "marine" in your mod. This is just my own personal opinion though, but the soldier camo, to me, makes me never want to use them at all. The same with the camo on all marine vehicles. It just looks like it was just rushed and you can still see the camo underneath.

Thats my constructive critism. I don't want to take anything away from the hard work you did though. Everything else is good. Just my opinion. No big deal.

Anyway, even though i'm not using your story, I was hoping you could give us some kind of info on the different branches. I get the army, mountain, marines, paratroopers but not the others.

For instance, when and where would I use some of these others?

Fusilers - who are they? why are they different than army?

Princess and/or Queen brigade ---same as above? also when selecting groups, you have them called "Queen" but under Units you have them called "Princess".

I can't think of any others at the moment. I assume the princess brigade is more like a personal guard or extremely elite unit? The Fusilers, i have no idea. They look cool so i want to know what to use them for. So maybe you can give us some info/story about who those other brigades are.

As I understood it when TFL was envisioning the different units, the Royal Fusiliers are essentially an elite light infantry unit, sort of like US Army Rangers. They aren't really SF, but they are special.

Queen/Princess Sarah's Brigade are the Palace Guards. They are the King's personal unit.

Royal Commando's are the counterterror group. Sahrani's Delta equivalent.

Army recon are a deep reconnaissance unit, somewhat like force recon marines but army.

Edit: woops, just noticed WLD's post explaining all this...

I personally sort of agree about the marines. you probably never saw the old marines that TFL beta testers had. They had the same camo pattern, but is was more brown instead of green and it worked great in the woods and the desert, sort of like the CDF camo. They had these nice FN FAL's too which were nixed from the initial weapons pack, but if I'm not mistaken, WLD is bringing them back eventually. I never really liked the marine vehicle camo either. its just too grey. I have always more played with the army units myself anyhow though. 1st ID, fusiliers, and the commandos are my favorites.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Oh that the one the SUIT is it ment to be the Sight unit infantry trilux circa 1980's L1A1, If so the Sight picture is different from the one I know not sure if that is intentional of not.

WLD knows. I brought up the same point when we were beta testing those. its a "sahrani military industries" local version with different reticle...

Ah I was wondering because I notice the model and was like :o SUIT. Works a bit easier the SUIT and way no bloody upside down aiming post.

I always fgued the units wher just differnet regiments somthing similar to the way in which the UK armed forces run it.

@wld427,

In the released RAC, I've found lots of updating class information in the rpt file, so I do hope you could add quoted addons into the requiredAddons[] = { }, thus there could be a clean rpt file, and may not cause uncertain problems if load RAC with other third party addons.

The updating base classes do not cause any server spam... its only reported once.

either way i have cleaned up all rpt reporting entirely.

The updating base classes do not cause any server spam... its only reported once.

either way i have cleaned up all rpt reporting entirely.

----If just load PRAC MOD, no problem. But if load PRAC together with other MOD, such ACE, it might cause some problem, beacuse the inheritage class changed

THIS MOD IS IN NO WAY ACE COMPATABLE NOR WILL IT BE MADE TO DO SO.

Ah, there's the rub.

If the errors are only with ACE or another mod installed... then how is it a problem with just PRACS? Sounds like it's a compatibility problem, in which case, it's up to the addon makers to decide whether or not it's worth addressing. Given the amount of work already on Wld's table, (Read- A LOT) as well as the stance on compatibility quoted above, I think it might just be a tad unreasonable to think he's going to spend his time hunting down compatibility errors with another mod when he could be, you know, working on his own mod.

To quote my 90-something year old aunt: "Che sarà, sarà"

What will be, will be.

In order to guarantee something to be ace compatible you'd basically need someone who is an expert in both mods working with you. For very large projects, it adds to the work overhead, unfortunately, so many developers choose not to- which is something you can't begrudge them (in my opinion).

"Hey, this is a nice massive pack of units, weapons and vehicles, but you should totally make it work 100% flawlessly with this OTHER massive pack of units, weapons and vehicles created by some person you may or may not know with a different work dynamic, plans and ideas, all while balancing the workload you've already got on your plate.

You know, if you're not too busy..."

I'm no addon maker or scripter or... pretty much anything outside of a glorified amateur photographer, but... yeah, I have to agree with Max, here. You can't blame someone for not forcing such a workload upon themselves, ESPECIALLY if they're doing the work for free in the first place.

Way I see it? Users like us defer to the whims of the mod-makers, not the other way around.

Honestly it boils down to my gaming group does not run ace and neither do i.

Ace does thier own thing and i do mine. I am only aware of 2 issues because they use a different animation for a t-72 so the drivers feet stick thru, and the M1A1 they have thier own custom model.

thats that.

There are no catastrophic CTDs or anything. Therefore things will stay as they are.

As for the marine cammo i actually like it alot. So honestly if you don't there are a wide selection of units like you mentioned to choose from.

Edited by wld427

All this lack of free time hurts so very much when I see what's coming down the pipeline.

Anyone seen a particular blue police box that I can swipe?

When I've got the time, Wld, I've got a few questions about force composition and such that I'd like to ask. I've got a few ideas for a bit of mixed-media stuff I'd like to eventually try. I'm learning a lot of nifty things in my two-dimensional design course that I'd love to apply to something like fictional news reports or stories and such, showcasing this and other mods, you know, but I don't want to make up information about squadrons or important figures of somebody else has a fiction already in place that I could work off of. Not to mention the time thing.

Seriously, anyone? Blue box? Maybe... occupied by a guy in a bowtie accompanied by a comely Scottish lass and a male nurse?

If you rememebr these it might answer some of yoru questions.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/EXTRA.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/NewspaperTemplate.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/editon3.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/edition4.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/edition5.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/edition6.jpg

Ah, yeah! I was having quite a bit of trouble hunting those down, thanks for the links!

Now, if only Skyrim wasn't adding further distraction to my already absent free time... /firstworldproblems

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank wld427 for RACS faction, it is by far my favourite faction in Arma2: great models, great weapons, I play 99% percent of time with them.

As I've seen that you are working on a new update package I would like to mention two improvement possibilities that I have found, just for your information:

1) Marine "Mk-19 AGL": instead of a marine manning the AGL there is a soldier from the 1st Infantry Division.

2) Indestructible Pinzgauers: bullet proof windshields, two full magazines shot at blankpoint needed to damage a tire. (I think that you already know about this bug, but I wanted to mention it just in case)

Regarding the previous posts about the RACS Marines my personal opinion is that I LOVE them, they have a lovely "retro" touch from the eighties. In fact I would like to kindly request RACS team to reinforce the Marines a little bit with some retextures:

- Retexture BIS USMC AAVP7A1 anfibious armored vehicle to RACS Marine camo.

- Retexture RACS Army HMMWW M2, Mk19 and TOW to RACS Marine camo.

Finally thanks again wld427 and all contributors to RACS for such a great mod, with your effort you have provided the community a full new faction!!

Best regards,

AsierB

NOTE TO TESTERS

The latest betas are up for testing at TFL

All I can say is HOLY SHIT!

The missile command and anti-aircraft command units are crazy awesome. I seriously need to go get a new pair of underwear because these ones are filled with man juice.

Some screens taken during testing today. Mixed shots of PRACS and TK Extension.

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2016-24-19-20_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2016-42-16-07_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2016-45-03-05_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2016-52-33-29_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2017-13-11-86_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2018-03-47-60_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2018-06-08-58_th.jpg

arma2oa%202011-11-14%2018-49-49-84_th.jpg

Wow, very nice Sekra!

I'm going to start downloading very soon here and get to testing!

Great work Wld!

*salute*

Now it looks like RACS are going to invade all of A2+OA islands and (re-)build their empire! :)

Just curious if those SAMs will be launched vertically and what kind of precision/hit percentage they have?

Testers please update to 2.075

That was a quick update :P

was the M113 with the M60 released to the TFL beta testers yet? I can't find it among the latest downloads.

Try to download the new one posted today, not sure if it's in there, but I'm just guessing.

Edited by GossamerSolid

Hey guys,

we now have a multiplayer testing server up and running. So registered testers please got to the pracs.info and get the password information and get on the server with us. make sure you have updated yoru downloads to V2.075. Tonight we had 4 players and we all feel the more the better.

So cme on join the fun!