Gossamer might be sad faced but eddie is red-eyed form workign so hard :)

Hahhahah, nice!

wld427: can't wait to use your forces on Balkania map in a full blown conflict ;)

p.s. Lingor v1.33 RACS base just got upgraded for a new release soon ;)

Always loved the PRACS mod, so thought id show it with some screenshots.

Exercise Panther was held this year as a lead up to the RACS deployment to Takistan. The exercise was held in a undisclosed location, several branches of Sarhanis armed forces were involved with the training operation

IhiAt.jpg

A JTAC team from the 2nd Parachute Div mark targets for the Army Air wings AH-1SY.

original: http://i.imgur.com/V8l5N.jpg

F0BfB.jpg

A JTAC team from the 2nd Parachute Div mark targets for the Army Air wings AH-1SY.

original: http://i.imgur.com/MvwaC.jpg

MqQjb.jpg

A JTAC team from the 2nd Parachute Div relays good effect on target.

original: http://i.imgur.com/URsMF.jpg

1h1cp.jpg

Soldiers from the 1st Infantry Div are involved in a mechanized assault on a simulated enemy fortification

original: http://i.imgur.com/B7lFV.jpg

5nRQZ.jpg

Soldiers from the 1st Infantry Div are involved in a mechanized assault on a simulated enemy fortification

original: http://i.imgur.com/UOn6d.jpg

LZ2Z7.jpg

original: http://i.imgur.com/TtuJK.jpg

EjhnS.jpg

The Royal Fusiliers participate in a airborne assualt on a simulated enemy position.QUOTE]

original: http://i.imgur.com/KI6wz.jpg

1lB1t.jpg

The Royal Fusiliers participate in a airborne assualt on a simulated enemy position at night.

original: http://i.imgur.com/D5Zq9.jpg

Well hope you lot like em, i had a good time making em so ill probaly end up doing some more. Also Wld keep up the awesome work mate, love your stuff.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

I have only one issue with PRACS its their Imho unbalanced Vehicles as in certain tanks and such. I have played with this mod against most other mods out there both in single and MP and well to have a chance in hell you need like 1:10 and sometimes more only to get one tank out of commission of the PRACS tanks such as the Leopard 1A5. My hope is that these issues has been taken into consideration for next release. The mod is otherwise excellent, with absolutely awesome 3D models and weaponry.

Great screenshots Rhodsey! It definitely shows off the work this team is capable of putting out to the community.

Thanks for sharing!

I have only one issue with PRACS its their Imho unbalanced Vehicles as in certain tanks and such. I have played with this mod against most other mods out there both in single and MP and well to have a chance in hell you need like 1:10 and sometimes more only to get one tank out of commission of the PRACS tanks such as the Leopard 1A5. My hope is that these issues has been taken into consideration for next release. The mod is otherwise excellent, with absolutely awesome 3D models and weaponry.

I think its fine the way it is it makes a change from the Russian or the yanks. They make a great opfor unit as they are western and use more sort of advanced equipment if you can't take out a lepard then you need to change your tank tactics. I've just took out 3 lepard 2's there with an M1A2 TUSK at 1k with lepards set to full skill and my AI crew set to 50% skill.

I think its fine the way it is it makes a change from the Russian or the yanks. They make a great opfor unit as they are western and use more sort of advanced equipment if you can't take out a lepard then you need to change your tank tactics. I've just took out 3 lepard 2's there with an M1A2 TUSK at 1k with lepards set to full skill and my AI crew set to 50% skill.

I may need to put my tankers thru some gunnery training :)

They did take out my tracks at the end of it but i managed to get the last round off to take out the tank before it got another one off. :P

Edited by rhaggan

They did take out my tracks at the end of it but i managed to get the last round off to take out the tank before it got another one off. :P

lol you see its self-explanatory.

I've tried them against RHS T80 pack and Dractyum's just excellent T72B/BA Pack to mention two packs with some details to them.

And we have been driving tanks all since the OPF days. We still get owned! :shoot:

@opffever - 1 M1A2 TUSK vs 3 Leopard 2s with the Abrams only having it's tracks taken out with it taking out all 3 Leos isn't proof that the Leo is over-powered. In fact, that could be used as an argument for it being under-powered.

As for them not matching up with the T-80 or T-72 packs, that's probably because both PRACS and those packs are addons, and were not given armor/weapon values to match each other.

any time it is player vs AI, the player is going to clean house, even with high opfor skill settings. I've taken a pracs M60 up against a bunch of T90's and come out on top even though the T90 is a superior tank. It has more to do with player vs AI then any deficiency of pracs tanks. and a leopard 1A5 is supposed to be somewhat weaker then other tanks in game. its a 1960's era tank with thin armor and a 105mm gun that is smaller then either the abrams or T90's armament. In real life, its no match for even a T72 in terms of sheer equipment, although crew skill is a major factor.

Also, depending on what settings you use to test out units/weapons because depending on the setting, the AI (Both friendly and enemy) vary. It's a safe bet to go into difficulty settings and change both AI abilities to the same (Friendly and Enemy AI as they're named I recall) then set yourself and an INFOR or Civi that is friendly to no one and watch them battle it out, you may run into (Somewhat) more accurate results. Then the two fighting forces will be fighting it out on a more level playing field then being the commander of a force on either side. Can use RL info to say 'X' tank is better but as it being a game right now (And not having a set line of how anything should actually be modeled), it's best to assume the player's side will always come out on top, if not most of the time.

To clarify i use armor valuse consistant to what BIS uses in order to maintain compatability with the stock stuff. PRACS ammunition is 99.9%of the time inherited straight from the BIS values. You may argue the BIS values but in the end as long as everything is using something similar the outcome will be the same.

The RACS is not intended to be a super force of any kind. My orbat and configs have been carefully honed to present a complete modern independant faction compatable with today's current NATO standards.

With that said i really am glad to hear you guys are outting my stuff through such punishing tests and gameplay. That is what brigns a smile to my face and urges me to continue working knowing you fellas are having so much fun playing with the addons.

Feel free to continue this discussion in this thread as well as suggested changes and upgrades\downgrades.

All this lack of free time hurts so very much when I see what's coming down the pipeline.

Anyone seen a particular blue police box that I can swipe?

When I've got the time, Wld, I've got a few questions about force composition and such that I'd like to ask. I've got a few ideas for a bit of mixed-media stuff I'd like to eventually try. I'm learning a lot of nifty things in my two-dimensional design course that I'd love to apply to something like fictional news reports or stories and such, showcasing this and other mods, you know, but I don't want to make up information about squadrons or important figures of somebody else has a fiction already in place that I could work off of. Not to mention the time thing.

Seriously, anyone? Blue box? Maybe... occupied by a guy in a bowtie accompanied by a comely Scottish lass and a male nurse?

The mod is great, and hell yeah we always puts the greatest mods to the test. ;)

We love it, there is nothing out there that can be compared to it, well its the Iranian mod and its the Lost Brothers Gulf War mod, if one don't take into account the Unsung mod and the CSLA mod that is best played separate from everything.

Then we got all these mods that is dependent on ACE mod to be playable, we do not bother with those why we are truly thankful people still make mods like PRACS without destroying them with dependable game mods that makes BIS even more mutated.

opffever.......................get out of my thread.

you flame baiting assclowns are the reason modders quit.

If you don't like my mod..... please delete it. never look at my thread again. Forget it exists, and ignore the future download links.

Edited by wld427

opffever

Flame baiting is clearly against the rules of this forum (rule §1). If you did not even get that far into reading the rules, perhaps you are in need of a time out to read and appreciate them. This is a warning.

all others

Please do not feed the trolls and instead report them. They will be dealt with.

Edited by Max Power

all others

Please do not feed the trolls and instead report them. They will be dealt with.

Think it may be that time of season where trolls are actively feeding before their winter hibernation...

Eddie might i suggest investing in some handy troll repellant.

29850_400976919913_540374913_4046467_90244_n.jpg

@wld427,

In the released RAC, I've found lots of updating class information in the rpt file, so I do hope you could add quoted addons into the requiredAddons[] = { }, thus there could be a clean rpt file, and may not cause uncertain problems if load RAC with other third party addons.

I wanted to report a bug with the AH-1. Not really a bug, just missing the right-side light (the green one). I verified this against the default AH1.

The RACS readme states it is a reskin of the BIS model, so I will take a guess that the Reflectors in the config is missing the "Right" light class. Haven't looked at it yet myself to be sure.

I really like this mod.

I am really into different types of camo and the kind you use for your infantry is awesome. I do have a problem with the marines though. They seem like they are in a whole different league than everything else. In fact I personally can''t stand anything "marine" in your mod. This is just my own personal opinion though, but the soldier camo, to me, makes me never want to use them at all. The same with the camo on all marine vehicles. It just looks like it was just rushed and you can still see the camo underneath.

Thats my constructive critism. I don't want to take anything away from the hard work you did though. Everything else is good. Just my opinion. No big deal.

One thing I think you should do is to give us a little info about the units. Right now I am making a campaign where I am using Task Force Lion as the main OPFOR army in my campaign. I'm kind of making up who they are as opposed to your story of who they are. Since they are so big, i'm kind of envisioning them as a collective army built by different factions. That's the story i'm going with for now. I just wanted a comparable army to fight against BLUFOR. I can use similar equipment and vehicles to fight each other as opposed to always t72 or T90 against m1a2. It's nice to have equal competition.

Anyway, even though i'm not using your story, I was hoping you could give us some kind of info on the different branches. I get the army, mountain, marines, paratroopers but not the others.

For instance, when and where would I use some of these others?

Fusilers - who are they? why are they different than army?

Princess and/or Queen brigade ---same as above? also when selecting groups, you have them called "Queen" but under Units you have them called "Princess".

I can't think of any others at the moment. I assume the princess brigade is more like a personal guard or extremely elite unit? The Fusilers, i have no idea. They look cool so i want to know what to use them for. So maybe you can give us some info/story about who those other brigades are.

And last bit of my opinion. Is it possible to add some other "cars". The only good ones you have are the Humvees. The other one is a little odd. The guns shoot to the side and don't have much variety. So if I'm fighting them against US, i'd like to give them some options. Thats just me.

Maybe you can get approval to use the OHPLA mod cars. Or the plamod kind. they look pretty good. There is also another set of Humvees that have extra armor on them. I use them for PMC or Mercenaries. I can't think of who makes them. THey are in usmc faction. Maybe takistan or cz land rovers.

I am a big fan of armor and you have some of my favorites. The leopards and Patton :yay:

Anyway, excellent work. It gives me a good looking army that I can use as opfor or blufor. good job.. You inspire me to create my own faction as well. I just don't know if i should do it now or wait for arma3. Maybe you can give me some pointers. I was going to start an island but I heard that arma3 has newer tech for creating them so I may wait there too.

I wanted to report a bug with the AH-1. Not really a bug, just missing the right-side light (the green one). I verified this against the default AH1.

The RACS readme states it is a reskin of the BIS model, so I will take a guess that the Reflectors in the config is missing the "Right" light class. Haven't looked at it yet myself to be sure.

Thank you for the report. I fixed the issue immediately and will be in the update.

@victim...

The royal fusiliers are the elite brigade of the army. Princess Sarahs Brigade are kinda like the elite of the elite hand picked from from teh royal fusiliers. They maintain a status above the rest similar to a Republican Guard.

As for more cars... yeah i want to add alot more content in the future. There will be a SF version of the pinzgauer similar to a jackal. I just have not completed it yet.

As for the marines they are just intended to be a small shore party portion of the faction. They use second hand equipment from the army and are intended to simply be naval landing forces to provide a window for follow on forces.

Edited by wld427

Will their be a hard top Pinz similar to an FFR/ command veriant?

Oh that the one the SUIT is it ment to be the Sight unit infantry trilux circa 1980's L1A1, If so the Sight picture is different from the one I know not sure if that is intentional of not.

Edited by rhaggan