Yha, iv gots that:icon_lol: Some units have them weapons and most dont.

Thats quite odd as the machinegunners and guided rocket troops are pretty much the only units that use OA weapons. You missing those weapons on those units would be a telltale sign that you're not running OA. I've tested pretty much every machinegunner, javelin, and dragon soldier and everything is fine as far as I can tell...

Are you running any addons besides PRACS?

you must be running something else.

Yeah all the units I've tried have weapons... not sure what you're talking about?

Iv got other addons running, but dont know why any of them would effect just the machine guns and rockets:raisebrow: CBA maybe? But RACS does not even require CBA. That would be the only thing i can think of. Ill redownload it and see if i did something wrong on that part.

Edited: Iv redownload the mod thinking iv did something, but still no Machine guns or Rockets for some units. Ones that dont have the Machine guns and rockest are Royal Fusiliers, 3rd Mountain Division, Royal Marines. All other units of RACS have the weapons and are working fine.

Edited by 1in1class

Great stuff, just like in A1, thanks for all the hard work.

ps: the troops addon is missing in the sixupdater link

Iv got other addons running, but dont know why any of them would effect just the machine guns and rockets:raisebrow: CBA maybe? But RACS does not even require CBA. That would be the only thing i can think of. Ill redownload it and see if i did something wrong on that part.

Edited: Iv redownload the mod thinking iv did something, but still no Machine guns or Rockets for some units. Ones that dont have the Machine guns and rockest are Royal Fusiliers, 3rd Mountain Division, Royal Marines. All other units of RACS have the weapons and are working fine.

Im sorry but the problem is on your machine. Its nto CBA bcause i run CBA with lingor and CAA1 without any issues. Try disabling some of your other addons.

Hmmm, why Automatic Rifleman carries MMG? They should have LMGs like Minimi, not the 7,62mm version...

Hmmm, why Automatic Rifleman carries MMG? They should have LMGs like Minimi, not the 7,62mm version...

well everyone has thier own opinion now dont they.

Also, i must have messed up and some how left FA Dalai Lamar out of the readme. Even though he has not participated in over 2 years and in no way participated in any of the arma2 addons, i do feel i need to credit him as he was my original partner and co-founder of project racs in arma1. I miss ya bro i wish you were still around.

Edited by wld427
because things come out of the woodwork

Well OK, but what is the reason for two MMG gunners instead of MMG and LMG? You have cut a bit much in their EQs...

Well OK, but what is the reason for two MMG gunners instead of MMG and LMG? You have cut a bit much in their EQs...

The Mk48 is not a heavy machinegun. It is simply a 7.62mm version of the minimi/saw platform.

I have personally carried both the M240 and Mk48 in combat and i assure you the Mk48 is very much a light machinegun compared to the m240.

also logistically speaking would it not make sense for everyone in the same unit to be carrrying weapons of the same calibre?

so ive been away from a computer for a few days, simply wow! a fantastic release RACS, i hope to aspire to the quality of work that you have released for my own Nogovan Addons. A great job wld427 and all those that have worked on this mod. :)

The Mk48 is not a heavy machinegun. It is simply a 7.62mm version of the minimi/saw platform.

I have personally carried both the M240 and Mk48 in combat and i assure you the Mk48 is very much a light machinegun compared to the m240.

also logistically speaking would it not make sense for everyone in the same unit to be carrrying weapons of the same calibre?

i went to several theatres and always in small units (8 man max.) and the complete loadout was always the same calibre (5.56) we used Diemaco C8 as assault carbine and our two gunners used the FN Minimi (m249) so yes its normal for a (SOC / SF) unit (normal infantry depends on the mission and size of the unit) to carry the same ammo size

the M240 is a real 7.62mm heavy weight the M249 is it smaller brother (5.56mm) and the MK8 is just a m249 in 7.62 ammo size

ps. is there a mod banner i can carry wich says my name and then MOD LOVER behind it ? :p

Congratulations on the release to everyone involved in PRACS, there seems to have been highs and lows along the way but you guys came through. No one pays you to do this and its only through your sheer love of the game that the community gets to benefit. People at BIS get paid to do what you do for fun, that's commitment and all i can say if thank you, for without people like you then this would not be the game it is today!

Im sorry but the problem is on your machine. Its nto CBA bcause i run CBA with lingor and CAA1 without any issues. Try disabling some of your other addons.

Yha, i thought it was CBA because in the other versions of CBA i had this problem and with mix ups with units. But its not CBA like you have said, as i tryed out the New CBA (as im running an older one). Iv try to run it with out addons but still have the same issue:crazy: Its strange that all other units have the same weapons and they are just fine, but the Royal Fusiliers, 3rd Mountain Division, Royal Marines are the only ones that dont have the rockets nor the machine guns. Thanks for the help in this, if you can come up with any other suggestions that mite help out with this issue please do:confused_o:

Yha, i thought it was CBA because in the other versions of CBA i had this problem and with mix ups with units. But its not CBA like you have said, as i tryed out the New CBA (as im running an older one). Iv try to run it with out addons but still have the same issue:crazy: Its strange that all other units have the same weapons and they are just fine, but the Royal Fusiliers, 3rd Mountain Division, Royal Marines are the only ones that dont have the rockets nor the machine guns. Thanks for the help in this, if you can come up with any other suggestions that mite help out with this issue please do:confused_o:

Try re-downloading the addons. Maybee you got a bad download. You are the only one with this issue.

Iv redownload it a few times thinking that, and trying other stuff also. Just dont know why its only them, iv just been using the ammo box to arme them as i dont know why this issue is. Have not seen anybody post this type of issue too, but ill just use the ammo box i guess. If you can think of any work arounds for this issue it would be very nice. Ill keep trying to see what making this happen.

Wld, continuing the thema of Mk48 :D

As far as I know, and I am in this topic for a while, Automatic Rifleman should carry Light Support Weapon or Squad Automatic Weapon. There weapons are same caliber as assault rifles and this is why I am still asking for that. Guy with 7,62mm is machinegunner, while AR should carry 5,56mm support weapon. Mk48 simply doesn't fit there and I'd suggest to change it to eg. M249 or Minimi (I loved the version for ArmA 1!). BTW, you are also removing some possibilities from the mod: some people may keep with MMGs when simulating armies using 7,62mm as standard caliber (eg. Greece), but providing also some LMG would make probably not only me much happier :P

As far as I know, and I am in this topic for a while, Automatic Rifleman should carry Light Support Weapon or Squad Automatic Weapon. There weapons are same caliber as assault rifles and this is why I am still asking for that. Guy with 7,62mm is machinegunner, while AR should carry 5,56mm support weapon. Mk48 simply doesn't fit there and I'd suggest to change it to eg. M249 or Minimi (I loved the version for ArmA 1!). BTW, you are also removing some possibilities from the mod: some people may keep with MMGs when simulating armies using 7,62mm as standard caliber (eg. Greece), but providing also some LMG would make probably not only me much happier :P

If it bothers you so much, then addWeapon, addMagazine the "right" weapons in yourself.

Im not sure where you are basing your information. I built my mod based on my realword combat experience of multiple overseas tours with the united states army. Not only have i carried this specific weapon in its capacity but have witnessed many other armies doing the same.

nothing will change. if you do not like the weapons, i am sorry i cannot satisfy you. my order of battle is built specifically to perform a purpose and they do it well.

Great work on PRACS guys. My thanks to all involved with creating and making these releases possible. I've been having a lot of fun with them and I really like the various units like the Fusiliers, 1st Division and so on. Gives it a nice touch.

Over the past couple days I created a small mission, nothing fancy, using some of the addons but I could use some folks to test it. Wld427 and any other PRACS guys fancy testing it out before I release it in user missions?

im already busy working on the next set of releases......

Please go ahead and post it here as many people are looking for missions.