Sign in to follow this  
sagitarius_2k

Customizable Soldier Load ( seriously?? )

But isnt multi cam designed for all terrains?

So no way to have pink gear.(Or people running in woodlands maps with desert camo) We gonna choose only helmet, webing gear with the pouches and such.

No camo is perfect for all terrains jhoson14....

I think customization is a good thing, if implemented properly.

I wonder if this isn't customizing the unit, but providing a new unit to use.

Mission creators could create a custom faction/units.

The player could also create their own personnel unit, but mission makers would have to place a player_type unit, which would base itself on the local player's data.

That way mission makers can give you a traditional vanilla unit, or a unit they made, or what the player picked himself.

I understand the frustration if they go all rainbow six: vegas 2 but I really doubt they will. Running around with apeshit thick shoulder pads and space armor and pointless unrealistic armor suits is for shooters with lesser pretensions of realism. I just hope its possible to keep a sense of identity within each faction. So US dudes would have classic interceptor armor and helmets, PMC's jeans and dragonskin and profesional looking gloves, French the FELIN systems, locals a ski mask or bandana, geurillas with classic attire ect. If the equipment is all based on the real thing and looks like a viable extension of each unique look, this would be quite awesome indeed.

The more you can customise the better IMO. The ability to change certain customisations on the fly is even more awesome!

When people make missions I'm sure they'll be able to limit what equipment, uniforms etc... players can use otherwise we'll have people in pink lycra running around the battlefield :D

off-topic (a bit): I've read that the M27 (IAR) automatic riflemen will carry 22 30-rounds magazines as a basic load-out. I really don't know if it does include magazines inside the backpack, but 22 magazines is way more than the current riflemen load-out, so it make me wonder if they will receive some different vest or anything.

This is a good example of possible customization ;) (the different roles in a squad).

I hope you can customise magainzes and double stack/jungle stack them for quick reload times. Or have a mixture of ammunition types in one.

The more you can customise the better IMO. The ability to change certain customisations on the fly is even more awesome!

When people make missions I'm sure they'll be able to limit what equipment, uniforms etc... players can use otherwise we'll have people in pink lycra running around the battlefield :D

I'd hope the customizable items would be realistic and authentic, and not Black Ops crap..... if BIS stoops THAT low then I might reconsider buying ArmA III. But, I have faith in BIS.

I hope you can customise magainzes and double stack/jungle stack them for quick reload times. Or have a mixture of ammunition types in one.

I don't really hope for that, so much as having the magazine you're using be the one in the weapon. IE using a Beta-C magazine in a G-36k or something. Having it change reload time would be nice too. I imagine putting a 30 round STANAG in an M249 would speed up reload times quite a bit. :p

Well I hope for jams and magazine/weapon reliability, combined with different reload times depending on mag types, combined with having to have the body slots to suit special mags, such as SAW and Beta-C mags. With weight of course. Same for body armor pieces if implemented.

Well I hope for jams and magazine/weapon reliability, combined with different reload times depending on mag types

This is a good suggestion. IMO simple simulation improvements like this are something BIS should really look at. They are small improvements that can do a real lot for the gameplay. They can easily implement these without the need for any changes to or new art assets, no real performance issues, etc. Just simple logic.

Other examples of such tweaks that I so desire can be seen in my sig.

Yeah, one of the features I liked the look of in Dragon Rising, which I never got to see in action because I wasn't impressed with the demo, was having to assemble or make ready an AT weapon before firing, and similar behaviours for other weapons. I always found it amusing seeing videos of 'realism' players in Arma 2 or other games, where someone would say 'Changing mag!' or something when reloading. Reloading doesn't take long enough to have any impact on anyone but yourself, if you're trying to reload before the enemy AI or player gets a bead on you.

Operative;1958344']off-topic (a bit): I've read that the M27 (IAR) automatic riflemen will carry 22 30-rounds magazines as a basic load-out. I really don't know if it does include magazines inside the backpack' date=' but 22 magazines is way more than the current riflemen load-out, so it make me wonder if they will receive some different vest or anything.

This is a good example of possible customization ;) (the different roles in a squad).[/quote']

That can't be right.

Nearly 23kg of ready to reach ammo in magazines? From what I've heard is that they are looking into Surefire's 60 round quad-stacked magazines.

I don't really hope for that, so much as having the magazine you're using be the one in the weapon. IE using a Beta-C magazine in a G-36k or something. Having it change reload time would be nice too. I imagine putting a 30 round STANAG in an M249 would speed up reload times quite a bit. :p

You have to change the gas setting for that to work.

Yeah, one of the features I liked the look of in Dragon Rising, which I never got to see in action because I wasn't impressed with the demo, was having to assemble or make ready an AT weapon before firing, and similar behaviours for other weapons. I always found it amusing seeing videos of 'realism' players in Arma 2 or other games, where someone would say 'Changing mag!' or something when reloading. Reloading doesn't take long enough to have any impact on anyone but yourself, if you're trying to reload before the enemy AI or player gets a bead on you.

Uh, I think you're wrong about the reloading thing. For one, in real combat it is wise to stagger your shots (between squadmates) so that everyone doesn't go empty at the same time. And, given that, it does affect others who are laying down fire because that's less shots going down range. I'm in Army ROTC, and I've been advised to let other squad members know when I'm reloading. It's not completely pointless.

Uh, I think you're wrong about the reloading thing. For one, in real combat it is wise to stagger your shots (between squadmates) so that everyone doesn't go empty at the same time. And, given that, it does affect others who are laying down fire because that's less shots going down range. I'm in Army ROTC, and I've been advised to let other squad members know when I'm reloading. It's not completely pointless.

Indeed, you are always advised to scream out "reloading" or "jam". The reasons are two-fold:

1)- So they [squadmates] know that you can't cover them at that second and won't advance or retreat until you have reloaded. On the flipside, they know to cover you (and your sector) as well till you are ready again.

2)- So they know you have not been hit. If you had not screamed out "reloading" then all they would have noticed is an abrupt cessation of firing from your position which may distract your squadmates to check if you are injured, etc.

That can't be right.

Nearly 23kg of ready to reach ammo in magazines? From what I've heard is that they are looking into Surefire's 60 round quad-stacked magazines.

I thought the same, and I'm following too Surefire and Magpul quad-stack magazines.

22 STANAG magazines equal 660 rounds. It's not that much. I don't know how it will be distributed in the squad, and if it counts magazines to be left in the vehicle.

Operative;1962699']I thought the same' date=' and I'm following too Surefire and Magpul quad-stack magazines.

22 STANAG magazines equal 660 rounds. It's not that much. I don't know how it will be distributed in the squad, and if it counts magazines to be left in the vehicle.[/quote']

I understand about the number (660), but having 23kg of magazines alone pulling at the from of your vest is a job that no one will volunteer for, might as well keep the SAW with it's slightly higher weight but evenly distributed ammo load.