Sign in to follow this  
sagitarius_2k

Customizable Soldier Load ( seriously?? )

choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

Bold word, so we can customize our kit, like bullet vest, camo, stuff etc etc??

what, are you gonna war or just do airsoft skirmish??

This is an awesome feature. People want more and more and when there's more they just bitch about it.

It's probably more like you can choose your own unit in MP (instead of playing as the available unit for the particular mp island you're playing on). Say, maybe you play as a USMC unit on a BAF island or something. That sort of thing, I hope.

soldiers constantly change their gear to suit them

i know lots of soldiers all with unique load outs to suit them

even no two battle vests are the same load out

So you are against extra features because?
This is an awesome feature. People want more and more and when there's more they just bitch about it.
It's probably more like you can choose your own unit in MP (instead of playing as the available unit for the particular mp island you're playing on). Say, maybe you play as a USMC unit on a BAF island or something. That sort of thing, I hope.
soldiers constantly change their gear to suit them

i know lots of soldiers all with unique load outs to suit them

even no two battle vests are the same load out

I am not against weapon customization, in fact i love it.

But for uniform?? i dont want to see some player mix up with his camo creation, like cloth with urban camo, pants with temperate camo, vest with desert camo, and helmet with juggle camo.

get the point??

Guess I´m thinking extremly practical for now but assembling your weapon could finally keep the gear UI clear instead of all those triple and quadruple (or more) entries for basicly the same gun, like the M4 variants in ACE for example :)

I am not against weapon customization, in fact i love it.

But for uniform?? i dont want to see some player mix up with his camo creation, like cloth with urban camo, pants with temperate camo, vest with desert camo, and helmet with juggle camo.

get the point??

I get your angle, but you would have to be mental not to use the correct camo for your surroundings anyway. Some will do it no doubt and wonder why everyone seems to be aimbotting them.

As long as each faction only uses it's own camo versions I will be happy, let them make themselves easy targets for me online.

Guess I´m thinking extremly practical for now but assembling your weapon could finally keep the gear UI clear instead of all those triple and quadruple (or more) entries for basicly the same gun, like the M4 variants in ACE for example :)

i know, now we no longer have many weapon with one kit, now one weapon with many kit :D

I get your angle, but you would have to be mental not to use the correct camo for your surroundings anyway. Some will do it no doubt and wonder why everyone seems to be aimbotting them.

As long as each faction only uses it's own camo versions I will be happy, let them make themselves easy targets for me online.

i do not hope it will be like R6 Vegas customization kit :D

nxS3imI8xog

link to youtube >>

This is my primary reason why i against this feature :D

Id enjoy a feature like rainbox 6's outfitting. Id get a visual experience as well as chosing my stuff.

However if the weapon config UI from americas army, or something similar would be brought in, It would be pretty awesome

Never played R6 but has similar with Metal Gear Online, but proper camo use in MGO payed off as you could end up invisible with the right combinations and terrain.

I got accused of cheating a few times but I was just using the camo correctly.

I'm sure they won't devolve the game to the point where some of you are worried, but it's also not really realistic for every member in squad to choose their every single kit configuration in an operating theater, so I hope there is some restraint from the developers as to the level of customization.

Because we dont want to all look like Storm troopers with a factory fresh look.

Remember this is BIS, they wont design something retarded like, being able to make your guy pink and shit. :p

Remember this is BIS, they wont design something retarded like, being able to make your guy pink and shit. :p

No, but we can.

Mods FTW :p

one thing that add my hate list.

IF this relevance to customization, i do not want to see some experience point to unlock some gear.

just like COD or "pinky river" did.

We barely have any info yet. I mean, customizable soldier loads could also mean that you get to choose from 3 uniforms. Or maybe it's singleplayer only.

As long as I still get to choose what people look like in multiplayer missions I create, I'm fine with it.

I'm all for Uniform customization. Some like to customize their weapon, some like to customize their uniform. You never see the exact same two uniforms in theater.

It would be awsome if it was like in Hidden and Dangerous 2. So you could see every bit of gear on the soldiers model.

i hope its going to be an option in the ME, a drop down menu for camo (desert, woodland)

it opens it up for perhaps easier implementation of re skins for mods. you only need the small texture file instead of the whole damn addon for a simple retexture

something like that

i hope

also im sure it will be mission depended. like it is today. some missions will let you choose 1 of 1000's of weapons, in A3 you might have the option to chose one of 1000 of weapons and a few camos in particular missions

We barely have any info yet. I mean, customizable soldier loads could also mean that you get to choose from 3 uniforms. Or maybe it's singleplayer only.

As long as I still get to choose what people look like in multiplayer missions I create, I'm fine with it.

This. I prefer not to see ACU mixed with DPM, marpat, multicam etc in a my missions, rather the camo/units/skins as I placed them to be there.

I like this! It beats having to design missions specifically with uniforms in mind. On real islands there are several environs at once and you need to be able to change as needed.

On real islands there are several environs at once and you need to be able to change as needed.

Are you sure?

In what conflict did soldiers "need to be able to change camouflages as needed"? And even if they needed to do that, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that during missions in the field, but between them.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all in for customizable gear.

lets see, im a soldier and there is a huge freakin war going on

i am issued a couple uniforms and equipment and then deployed to my AO.

you fight with what you have, not what you want. if you are issued ACUs you have ACUs.

like i said, i really hope what uniform is available is down to the mission designer to choose, not the player

i think this sounds like great to attract new customers to arma3.. somehow, we have to pay for everything.. if we get this, there is something else we don't get.

Thats why I am a bit sad, cause really.. the models in arma worked fine for me, i would much rather see a feature that said:

Bullets that is chambered, remains in the chamber even if you reload your gun.

Small "innocent" realistic features, rather than this.. if i wanted a fashion show I would had bought barbie.

Like any speculation around new features, it's not worth getting upset about until there are specific details available. I really doubt BIS will let people just chose whatever the hell they want to wear, it's probably something small/subtle.