Sign in to follow this  
John Stalvern

Why so brown?

Looks like a colour filter similar to what they used in OA. No doubt it'll just be a module in the campaign in the editor. We'll still have access to regular colours.

Looks like a colour filter similar to what they used in OA. No doubt it'll just be a module in the campaign in the editor. We'll still have access to regular colours.

Here is hoping, I hate games with permanent colour filters.

If I want a green/brown/yellow/dogshit tint I will wear the appropriately tinted glasses to play the game thanks.

Have any of the devs actually been to the Mediterranean? It's not a very brown place.

I was pointing out on the Arma site hacked thread that 4 of the screens look more like Takistan (terrain, color, roads, vegetation) than the Mediterranean.

I never understood developers' fascination with a piss filter. It's neither realistic nor stylish.

We came this far in graphics tech to see as realistic colour gamma as possible not the colours that make you puke.

Screenshots seriously look ugly with it. Note that some screenshots don't use it and suddenly they look nice.

A suggestion to BIS: next time, please, don't use that crap.

A suggestion to BIS All Devolpers: next time, please, don't use that crap.

Fixed that for you, filters and bloom need to GTFO out of games.

It looks like there's already a need for AT NoCoffee 3 :D

I fear that Arma 3 will have the same kind of limited color palette as Arma 2 does (without adding color intensity with ppEffects or module yourself). Reality isn't colorless, BI.

Don't worry guys, if BIS will miss couple of Greek islands and Adriatic region, I'm more than willing to work on them in the upcoming year or two ;)

<a  href=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9376/scr08x.jpg' alt='scr08x.jpg'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

aaahhhh colour ! lol :)

Edited by LEEROY_UK

But dont you guys know? Realism IS brown! Accept no substitute!

Seriously though, i'm getting so sick of the colour brown in war games, i might puke. Honestly.

When i read it is supposed to be a bit like Greece and based in the Mediteranian (sp?:P) i was expecting the colour to be a lot more vibrant. But when i saw the screenshots i just got that middle-eastern feel all over again.