Sign in to follow this  
RadioActiveLobster

The ArmA III Engine

I'm not sure the age of this game engine does have any sense, as it has been evolving for 15 years.

I'm not sure the age of this game engine does have any sense, as it has been evolving for 15 years.

It's a joke I like to put out, because it makes me feel weird.

Banned OP is banned.

Stay on target.

BTW, we will see a merge of the Real Virtuality and Enforce engine this year. Who knows how this will benefit the Arma series in the future.

Stay on target.

BTW, we will see a merge of the Real Virtuality and Enforce engine this year. Who knows how this will benefit the Arma series in the future.

Wait, what?! Has this been announced somewhere or are you 3 months early?

I have a very bad feeling about this.

And that's me being optimistic.

Wait, what?! Has this been announced somewhere or are you 3 months early?

I have a very bad feeling about this.

And that's me being optimistic.

It's when DayZ gets the new renderer. Q1 is the target.

Stay on target.

Hi,

I didn't even realise there were two pages preceding this and it was a legitimate thread (hence the <OP> part of my comment). I thought it was a bit odd you were defending a guy who made a 2 min MS Paint sketch to get a point across. For some reason I thought the top of the page was the start of the thread.

Sorry real OP! (and mods) for derailment.

Carry on!

:)

It is the same engine with allot of code rewrites.

You can say it's a patched engine and that is why it sucks.

You can patch something up for so long until it breaks totally.

And I think it is safe to say that Arma3 is the breaking point.

I'm I the only one thinking that this is a good thing? BI is giving the community what they want with a order, it's just taking a decade ;). They gave us content in A2, they're giving us features in A3, and after that we'll probably get performance with A4.

I'm I the only one thinking that this is a good thing? BI is giving the community what they want with a order, it's just taking a decade ;). They gave us content in A2, they're giving us features in A3, and after that we'll probably get performance with A4.

[sarcasm]Arma 4: Zero features, zero content, only PERFORMANCE![/sarcasm] :P

[sarcasm]Arma 4: Zero features, zero content, only PERFORMANCE![/sarcasm] :P

Exactly! Imagine the fps in a 10x10 meters VR map! 120fps 4k, coming 2018!

To atleast another five years of this great, visionary, open-ended engine that allows for so much creative freedom and possibilities... ;)

Stay on target.

Why the hell I got a bad feeling about that? Like only DayZ will benefit from that and Arma 3 will keep using RV

Why the hell I got a bad feeling about that? Like only DayZ will benefit from that and Arma 3 will keep using RV

I think a lot would depend on how similar Enforce is to RV in implementing existing content into them. I would assume since the current foundation for DayZ is basically RV, for the most part they would build it to be somewhat similar but who knows. Secondly would be if the ArmA team actually wants to port all of those assets into the new engine, QA everything and then release it for free or paid. A lot of IF's really but who knows.

I think a lot would depend on how similar Enforce is to RV in implementing existing content into them. I would assume since the current foundation for DayZ is basically RV, for the most part they would build it to be somewhat similar but who knows. Secondly would be if the ArmA team actually wants to port all of those assets into the new engine, QA everything and then release it for free or paid. A lot of IF's really but who knows.

Well first question to ask, is what does Enforce do that RV doesn't. Or rather, what can Enforce do that could be added in with RV's capabilities to enhance DayZ, or maybe Arma 3, if anything like that were to happen. But I think these improvements are solely for DayZ.

I think Arma is a good engine. The only issue that we had, that the game play(play-style) changed radically compared to the Poseidon/OFP. When they started making the engine it was open world in the focus. But now, since Arma: Armed Assault the gameplay focused in the cities or near cities. More and more. There are lot of buildings, shadow, textures, collision detection. The engine need features which optimize and fixes these issues.

Other engines which has focus for CQB are better because those are designed for that. Those has fix map with fixed buildings an other limitations.

Well first question to ask, is what does Enforce do that RV doesn't. Or rather, what can Enforce do that could be added in with RV's capabilities to enhance DayZ, or maybe Arma 3, if anything like that were to happen. But I think these improvements are solely for DayZ.

http://www.bistudio.com/company/brochure , pag 23.

Enforce is another game engine developed by Bohemia Interactive. It’s used for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission and Take On Mars. Unlike Real Virtuality, which is a PC-only engine, Enforce was designed as a multi-platform solution.

Most likely scaling better, plus will enable them to bring future games to consoles - perhaps even ArmA.