Sign in to follow this  
doonbugie

Merkava... IDF??

Ha, yeah ok, that's fictional. But it wouldn't require a major advancement of technological understanding to produce, would it? You just take the Hokum technology and bolt it onto a Havoc. Who knows, if it was ever produced it might prove to be an effective Russian export.

Oi, how would you know? Are you a bloody helicopter designer for the military? Just kidding, mate. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

Hehe, yeah when I say just "bolt it" I mean figuratively of course. :D

just throwing it out there, but hasn't been all the IDF doing the invading in the last 30 years?

Sinai and Lebanon in terms of nation states, and a record-length occupation otherwise. They've done their fair share.

Is it possible to just discuss the pro and cons of IDF in Arma3 and not history of Israel etc.. We/you never agree any way..!

Is it possible to just discuss the pro and cons of IDF in Arma3 and not history of Israel etc.. We/you never agree any way..!

That’s the reason why many ppl don’t want the IDF or Israel in games, this is only the beginning because there is a "rumor" that they could pear.

Imagine what will happen when the IDF is feature and is fighting a Iranian or a Muslim inspirit Op-for.

This is pure gasoline and the spark is not far.

Arma 3 used as propaganda medium Jews against Muslims. :eek:

I hope i am very wrong and this is only a waste of kb on this forum.

And OA could be used as, Flashpoint could be used as... Everything can be twisted in to whatever the sender wants it to... I just dont feel that the community should loose some units because of sensibility, then there shouldn't be mosques in OA... And churches in Chernarus...

Give us IDF, Iran and so forth, and when the dumbasses use it for propaganda or racism just shout them up like in real life, always some fools around..

Agreed 100% with Lone.Wolf.

As I've said before, BF2: PR introduced the IDF into their mod and haven't seen half the bitching some people around here do. If you don't like the big bad, "oppressive" defense forces of "Israhell", then don't play with them. Just because something comes with the game does not mean you have to use it necessarily. Here BIS thought they'd do something interesting and give us a Merkava and a Tavor and right away everyone is on street corners shouting it's the end of days. Christ, just give it a rest already. :rolleyes:

How come some of you aren't demanding guys like Miles to halt work immediately because it has the IDF and people can potentially use them for stupid things privately? Or when that other bunch of guys were retexturing OA units IDF-style? Where was the whining then demanding they stop because of politics and it wouldn't be wise? :j:

Seriously, it's just endless bitching from all angles. People complain and demand changes, new things, etc. BIS tried to give them (and rather creatively) and still people piss and moan. Some of you are just getting off on using ArmA 3 and this thread to get on your political soapbox and preaching crap the rest of us don't care about. If it's a choice between seeing IDF equipment and maybe the IDF directly vs. yet more endless US Army stuff...well, there's no argument there. I'd love to see something new and creative.

General consensus appears to be, if the community makes it then it's fine, if the producer makes it then it's not, I wonder why this is myself..all the gripes about israeli units, the commanche.. Morality of nations should be a moot point and say screw politics of the world, they limit what games can do.

The community will be like this until the game's release, when they realise there's nothing they can do or say to change how the game is and will be, and will focus the bitching towards getting the first patch out due to release bugs, even if they somehow end up being minor, a house not rendering at the right color will be a complete show stopper for the single player campaign and they cannot play further (they refuse to play further).

(note I know there was and still are some rather nasty bugs in the ArmA2 campaign for many that were problematic, but I hope you get the point i'm making.)

Has anyone earnestly come out against using the IDF? I haven't been paying close attention, but it seems like most of the controversy stems from that lowest of lifeforms, the 'controversy anticipator.' That guy who always points out how something could be offensive to someone, somewhere, and then sits back while everyone else argues about it.

I welcome the opportunity to shoot some Israeli soldiers. I'm tired of shooting the Brits. LOL:)

They are just digital uniforms afterall.

I welcome the opportunity to shoot some Israeli soldiers. I'm tired of shooting the Brits. LOL:)

If Arma 3 follows the OA pattern, the 'Israelis' will speak British English.

People are always barking that the Israelis are going up against guys with rocks. Fine, let's have a hypothetical scenario where Israeli soldiers and/or equipment are going up against another conventional force. There are LOTS of people in Europe and increasingly in the U.S. who fantasize about killing Jews/Israelis. I say let them have a reality-check. At the same time, Israelis could get a taste of how their equipment might do Vs. a UN-backed taskforce of Peace"keepers". Maybe EVERYONE will wake up and "stand down".

One potentiality that might not be considered is how the surrounding Arab countries would react to Westerners beating up on their favorite punching bag. (Arabs actually allied with the Jews Vs. the Romans.)

I've seen a lot of controversial games come and go. Gore in Soldier of Fortune 1, anyone? What? Play Taliban in Medal of Honor 2010? No way!

...orrrrrrr we can just have Russia as the enemy, again. I've heard plenty about how tired Russians are of being painted the bad guys.

Oh, and some Israelis DO have a British accent. ; ) (Some have Russian, some have Yemenite, some have Spanish, some have Ethiopian, etc.)

It's a game; a sim. You've got to mix it up every now and then.

I just fantasize about the day the United States stops subsidizing Israel's military.

Fine, no Trophy or Arrow for you. :icon_rolleyes:

Seriously, if you have beef with funding anyone then start with Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc, before you start complaining about the one U.S. Ally in the region that actually gives something back.

I don't care about funding but it's long past time Israel stopped stealing land in Palestine and everyone who gives a damn for decency should say so, often and loudly. If Uziyahu-IDF is suggesting Antisemitism is on the rise ("There are LOTS of people in Europe and increasingly in the U.S. who fantasize about killing Jews/Israelis") he and his countrymen might do well to wonder what's fueling that.

I don't care about funding but it's long past time Israel stopped stealing land in Palestine and everyone who gives a damn for decency should say so, often and loudly. If Uziyahu-IDF is suggesting Antisemitism is on the rise ("There are LOTS of people in Europe and increasingly in the U.S. who fantasize about killing Jews/Israelis") he and his countrymen might do well to wonder what's fueling that.

Stealing land... do you get hard every time you keep repeating these lies?

Quick question, if the West Bank is so called Palestinian, then why didn't they protest against Jordan occupation of it for over 20 years? If Gaza was so called "Palestinian", then why didn't they protest against Egyptian occupation of it for over 25 years?

I think we both know the answer to that.

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

And finally, this is not the forum to discuss such matters. If you want to continue this discussion then feel free to PM me.

Guys, politics threads are in offtopic, please leave that sort of discussion out of ArmA3 forums.

What if <insert-A3-factionname> have a license to build such a tank or what if they got some blueprints and they made a "better copy" of those vehicles? ;)

Its a game with a fictional story - no need to mix it up with the real world and politics.

Well if it's denoted as an 'M2A1 Slammer' (is that still the current thinking regarding the E3 reveal?) then licensed production is the only explanation isn't it?

Having thought about this for a while, my own rivet counting has led me to believe that the Merkava being Natos main battle tank makes zero sense (without knowing the story.) Can you imagine the french going "Sure, we´ll buy Merkavas."?

Thus, Right now I think ALL vehicles and weapons we´ve seen so far were included not because they make sense from a logistical and political point of view, but because they´re COOL.

And that´s fine by me. If we also get a nice explanation why everyone is running around with IDF equipment, that´s icing on the cake.

Having thought about this for a while, my own rivet counting has led me to believe that the Merkava being Natos main battle tank makes zero sense (without knowing the story.) Can you imagine the french going "Sure, we´ll buy Merkavas."?

Thus, Right now I think ALL vehicles and weapons we´ve seen so far were included not because they make sense from a logistical and political point of view, but because they´re COOL.

And that´s fine by me. If we also get a nice explanation why everyone is running around with IDF equipment, that´s icing on the cake.

Well I can see the Namer easily becoming part of the U.S. Military; hell, some of the are actually built by GM in the U.S. right now. Plus it would offer a heavy APC option that the U.S. has been sorely lacking for some time now (even the Russians have one)