Sign in to follow this  
doonbugie

Merkava... IDF??

No mate, look at the US soldiers. They will probably be portrayed as a US tank, just like the US troops are holding FS2000's.

BluFor could also be an allied force. US, Israelis, Brits? One can hope!

Oh, and the French.

BluFor could also be an allied force. US, Israelis, Brits? One can hope!

Oh, and the French.

But the french tanks only go backwards.

Can't really be sure from the angle but it looks like an Israeli Tavor on the ground in the screen below.

image > 100 kb removed

Edited by W0lle

It is supposed to be NATO forces therefore multinational. Arma 2, OA and BAF were always US/British centric, but the initial notice for Arma 3 didn't state any single country or national force as being the primary force, I am sure you will see more than just US soldiers and I doubt BI would misrepresent Israeli tanks as US tanks.

Could be BIS correctly representing the Chinese by putting in stuff that looks like real world stuff but just copied and changed a little, like an Mi-28 with coaxial rotors.

Edited by Trauma.au
spelling

It is supposed to be NATO forces therefore multinational. Arma 2, OA and BAF were always US/British centric, but the initial notice for Arma 3 didn't state any single country or national force as being the primary force, I am sure you will see more than just US soldiers and I doubt BI would misrepresent Israeli tanks as US tanks.

Israel is not a NATO member. Personally I would prefer BIS steer away from any IDF portrayal, wayyyyyyyy too much "politics" in that. :(

Israel is not a NATO member. Personally I would prefer BIS steer away from any IDF portrayal, wayyyyyyyy too much "politics" in that. :(

I never said it was.

Probably: Iran (or/and other Middle Eastern countries) invades other countries in the Middle East (which includes Israel). So Israel is a country in exile working with NATO to fight their occupiers.

Edited by vinc3nt

The Merkava and Tavor seem to be on the Opfor side.

Interesting, this post made me look closer at the screenshots. I think you're right. Interesting take by BIS.

Worth noting that those Merkava tanks are equipped with the Trophy system, well at least visually they are.

I pushed the brightness up in the screen below to confirm that it is a Merkava with US soldiers near it and a US chopper above it, I'd assume if it was opfor it would be a wreck in such a situation, but who knows!

469 kb image removed

Edited by W0lle

Yeah, I noted that picture in another post that said Merkava was OPFOR. I don't see Israel ever joining any side but their own, and especially not joining countries that are known enemies.

Perhaps they are independent? Or maybe the tank in that picture has been captured. Either way, it's all speculation so until anything is confirmed IMO there's no point in arguing. I'm also just glad that there's a refreshing change from the same US Army/Marines vs generic OPFOR.

that merkava has 2 different camos, one desert and the evil-hex-brown, and it is seen on both blufor and opfor side, what could that mean? Are IDF independent and they use different camos for each side?

Most probably those are just early showcase screens of new units, but still, different camos?

maybe it could be a fictional faction such as RACS or CDF, maybe a lemnos defence force?

I'm going to guess that in the grand scheme of things: Israel's been overrun. And that there are forces that survived and reached NATO, and forces who's equipment has been acquired by the aggressors.

Hence the Merkava turning up on both sides. But that's pure speculation.

Why would real-world politics keep anyone from enjoying a GAME? Especially a MILITARY game. Israel is said to have the most specialized array of forces in the world. (Note that I did not say "best".)

How many Russians has the franchise pissed-off by representing them as the bad guys? That's not politics?

As for the pictures, NATO Vs. Israel is becoming a more-likely scenario, at least if you believe the posturing you see in the news.

Israel DOES export its military tech. A number of nations already use the Tavor. I'm guessing that Israel would need to have a Merkava 5 and 6 before they would sell their Merkava 4's, though.

Edited by Uziyahu--IDF

Why would real-world politics keep anyone from enjoying a GAME? Especially a MILITARY game. Israel is said to have the most specialized array of forces in the world. (Note that I did not say "best".)

How many Russians has the franchise pissed-off by representing them as the bad guys? That's not politics?

As for the pictures, NATO Vs. Israel is becoming a more-likely scenario, at least if you believe the posturing you see in the news.

Israel DOES export its military tech. A number of nations already use the Tavor. I'm guessing that Israel would need to have a Merkava 5 and 6 before they would sell their Merkava 4's, though.

Israel recently made Merkava 4 available for expert (to help fund its development and manufacture).

if u guys notice there is also a namer tank behind the merkava where the havoc is flying above them iam 100% sure its a namer tank and if they put the idf also with the nato forces or the us it would b a kick ass game.

IDF, US, EU (GER, FR, UK) and Islamic Republic of Iran would be awesome.