Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Authentic Mediterranean island

Quite an interesting choice! From what I know Lemnos is THE military island in Greece. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

I'm currently flying over Lemnos in google Earth. If the level of detail is high enought (and I have no doubt BIS will do a great job), Exploring Lemnos gonna be epic !

I am gonna fly over it on FSX with all the settings maxed out, might post a few screen shots! :p

Real shot above? Isn't that Kamov in the picture, what is it doing in Greece??

It's not a Kamov, it's the Mi28 with coaxial rotors that we've now seen in ArmA III screens. And I think it's a real photo.

It's not a Kamov, it's the Mi28 with coaxial rotors that we now seen in ArmA III screens. And I think it's a real photo.

OMG, BIS is going to jail. The Greek don't appreciate enthusiasts taking photos of aircraft.

There are many interesting islands out there in the Aegean Sea

Skyros for example would also be a good island for Arma 2. It is not that far from Lemnos, it is the size of Sharani, and has a big city, a couple of village, a very important Air Force base and the terrain is interesting (mainly for infantry warfare)

OMG, BIS is going to jail. The Greek don't appreciate enthusiasts taking photos of aircraft.

lol I mean the environment is a real photo, of course the units are shopped, I can tell by the pixels.

There are many interesting islands out there in the Aegean Sea

Skyros for example would also be a good island for Arma 2. It is not that far from Lemnos, it is the size of Sharani, and has a big city, a couple of village, a very important Air Force base and the terrain is interesting (mainly for infantry warfare)

How sweet would it be if their were multiple islands and the water between them was you know, useful with the new tech.

Or maybe the Islands were connected when you are in a mission, just a loading screen to load the new Island but the transition was seamless... :cool:

Now that we know that it is in fact Lemnos this screen could be a picture taken around the airport

.... Google map .......

Think youre right.

lemnosairport3.jpg

That's a great, great real-world island choice :)

I just wish it had more woodland/vegetation. But, I'm in whatever :)

Maybe we could play another game. :) How many things do you think are photoshopped?

Maybe we could play another game. :) How many things do you think are photoshopped?

Well at least the chopper is photoshopped.

2 choppers and the smoke

Choppers, the road (too clean and perfect, looks like a repeating texture, no shadows from the grass), the poles (jaggies on the cables, pole on left resembles Chernarus poles). Plus the road people assume this was taken from is unpaved and has no poles, unless it was upgraded after the latest satellite imagery.

Also looks like the entire sky might have been swapped out, as the lighting in the grass seems too even and devoid of shadows for what looks like a mostly clear sky. Looks like it might have been taken on a much cloudier day.

Edited by cctoide

Just the smoke, and what i'm gonna say is a Shilka and the two Hind/Hokum/Havocs. There could be a hell of a lot more given the compression rate, I can't say.

I would like to now if there will finally be real rivers in the game. Someone posted a Google Earth Screenshot showing a River on Lemnos. So BIS, will there be a realistic river?

They have a lot of work ahead ;) I've been hoping to see Lefkas, but Lemnos will do :) At least we'll have building assets ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

They have a lot of work ahead ;)

Jesus.... i suspect frame-rates way below 30 in such 1:1 modeled cities - at least with current OA engine.

Jesus.... i suspect frame-rates way below 30 in such 1:1 modeled cities - at least with current OA engine.

There is a new engine, maybe severely optimized so A3 can actually be played. Otherwise in that city I will get like 1 FPS

Imagine trying to point out a target... "Yeah, the white house... with the orange roof... oh I give up". Hopefully it will be optimised and there will be more water aspects (e.g. rivers, streams, and bridges over them).

Imagine trying to point out a target... "Yeah, the white house... with the orange roof... oh I give up".

LOL ... made my day. :D