Sign in to follow this  
bluedrake42

Advanced Combat Radio Environment

Also... I'm not sure if you've seen this (I'm sure you have) but if a system like this worked inside ArmA 3 my mind would be blown.

lSH2-NJbI3Q

I'm sure ACE, ACRE, Sound Mod's, Weapon Mod's damn near every great mod will be made for ArmA3.

I'm sure ACE, ACRE, Sound Mod's, Weapon Mod's damn near every great mod will be made for ArmA3.

On the subject of mods.

I hope BIS are more open when creating Arma3 with the modders, Such as ACE and ACRE.

I dont want to wait 18 months for ACE again, let them begin to develop whilst you develop!

ACE came out very fast for ArmA II and OA, same cant be said of ACRE because thats a new project.

ACE for A2 beta came out within the first 6 months after A2 release, while the first Stable release came out 3 months later.

ACE for OA beta came out within the first month of OA release, while the first Stable release came out 2 months later :)

speaking of mods, I hope they come up with a more elegant way to load mods.

God, no, please, no...:P

i concur. ACRE (while brilliant in some cases and some private games) forced upon my throat is not something i look forward to

;1928678']ACE came out very fast for ArmA II and OA' date=' same cant be said of ACRE because thats a new project.[/quote']

If they do not change much in terms of SQF and some other basic functionality I can tell you we'd easily have ACRE out within 2-3 months of release, possibly even sooner. ;)

Also I wouldn't look to BIS to be incorporating that stuff in the game stand alone... It's not really their style. :cool:

This. Oh please god this.

You don't think -mod=@modfolder;@anothermod is elegant?

Its the easiest way I have ever seen mods loaded in a game. It doesn't install stupid shit, or ruin the default environment...

If they do not change much in terms of SQF and some other basic functionality I can tell you we'd easily have ACRE out within 2-3 months of release, possibly even sooner. ;)

Also I wouldn't look to BIS to be incorporating that stuff in the game stand alone... It's not really their style. :cool:

I think the issue, for you ACRE guys and the rest of us using jayArmA2lib, is the ability for us to clip in via a dll. That might take some time.

Its the easiest way I have ever seen mods loaded in a game. It doesn't install stupid shit, or ruin the default environment...

It almost completely bars new blood from joining the community. I bought Arma2, and then quit playing for more than a year, because the mod system is about as user friendly as a swarm of africanized bees on meth.

i concur. ACRE (while brilliant in some cases and some private games) forced upon my throat is not something i look forward to

I have to agree with this. We want to recruit new gamers to the game, and then scare them away if they don't act civilized. Not scare them away before the game is installed :D

I wouldn't mind ACE/ACRE myself, but playing solo can only be cool for so long...

Also having ACRE built into the game would put even more load and stress on the game server which could cause lag or de-sync issues.

At least now the load is shared with a Teamspeak server.

Forgetting the in-game mod selector?

They did, it's just that it doesn't work well enough compared to the old system for the majority to use it

Stick to the old system, add a really simple, plain English, step-by-step guide to the manual.

i agree. i don't use the mod manager ingame at all. much prefer handling mods using the apps designed by the community and they accommodate any number of user profiles

I am thinking about if voice and radio manipulations have to get their own engine/server for them as well...

Acre is excellent., and would certainly like to see it adopted by BIS. But to make everyone happy add an on/off toggle in the difficulty settings...

Acre is excellent., and would certainly like to see it adopted by BIS. But to make everyone happy add an on/off toggle in the difficulty settings...

But then you get the mixture of people using it and people not using it, like in TS with people talking over eachother and people answering other peoples questions. Immersion vanishes. :(

at least as a minimum please add Radio Channels in the current VON system... Group/Vehicle/Direct are great... but if you want to split your group into Two, channels would be very handy.

But then you get the mixture of people using it and people not using it, like in TS with people talking over eachother and people answering other peoples questions. Immersion vanishes. :(

It would be governed by the server setting.... easy fixed..

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

at least as a minimum please add Radio Channels in the current VON system... Group/Vehicle/Direct are great... but if you want to split your group into Two, channels would be very handy.

+1 so we are not constantly talking over each other, much better alternative than muting people. Then all you have to do is change the channel if you want to talk to other squads/groups..

No, BIS needs to improve the quality of the existing VOIP and leave it be. Acre is much too complex for people to use.

ACRE should stay as an optional separate mod.

It's very unstable and I certainly don't want to restart my TeamSpeak three times a match without any choice.