Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

I sure hope that they fix the dedicated server multiplayer problems with the UAV control and the graphics quality of the whole game and in general, the various other dedicated server problems. If I don't see an improvement in the sharpness of the graphics I will not buy it or recommend it.

I sure hope that they fix the dedicated server multiplayer problems with the UAV control and the graphics quality of the whole game and in general, the various other dedicated server problems. If I don't see an improvement in the sharpness of the graphics I will not buy it or recommend it.

You have nothing to worry about. ArmA 3 looks great.

If I don't see an improvement in the sharpness of the graphics I will not buy it or recommend it.

Well maybe you should just turn on AF and set your 3d resolution to 100% or higher. :p

Hi, where i don't see an improvement is on the history line, again win a war alone and unsupported... 11 years after the OFP's release and we're still playing the same campaign... i hope that the game have on the end something that marks the difference for real and not just cosmetic changes but same gameplay and basic mechanics. Let's C ya

Hi, where i don't see an improvement is on the history line, again win a war alone and unsupported... 11 years after the OFP's release and we're still playing the same campaign... i hope that the game have on the end something that marks the difference for real and not just cosmetic changes but same gameplay and basic mechanics. Let's C ya

Did you actually play the OFP campaign?

A) I don't understand, care to elaborate?

B) There is not much known about Arma 3 campaign but what is known is that you actually will be alone (until you gain allies from the local rebels, I guess) and fighting a technologically superior opponent in a guerrilla warfare.

Hi, for the brief description from the announcement... seems that again, we gonna be damn lone wolves winning a war by ourselves, without air support, ground support, engineers etc etc; lone wolves.

Is not that hard to understand... you gonna look at the Support tag on the radio and there gonna be nothing that request.

So by the announcement (knowing BIS) i just can think that there won't be nothing more than graphic improvements and that's all, the same chick to dance with but with a different make up; still the same one. Let's C ya

So by the announcement (knowing BIS) i just can think that there won't be nothing more than graphic improvements and that's all, the same chick to dance with but with a different make up; still the same one. Let's C ya

Because ArmA2 is nothing more than graphic improvements over previous games ?

Because ArmA2 is nothing more than graphic improvements over previous games ?

Basicaly yes; and for worst in many aspects, the campaign is much better, but still a lone wolf thing.

Look at the ArmA2 Aimpoint glass bug, there from day 1, same as the M1911 bugs, they had years to fix 'em but... they just didn't care; they gonna sell the same product (the best 1St person military sim) with the same mechanics but few real improvements. At least on the gameplay, and neither it gonna be user friendly... no Commands Refference Guide for do working SP & MP missions, complex ones, that simulate what's to be part of an army and not just fucking guerrilla; a Fire Team vs the world.

My faith in BIS has die after buy the OA and uninstall it two weeks later, was just the same thing but worst. After read the announcement i just think that it gonna be more of the same in therms of gameplay in SP as in MP and the fan boys can go to hell because they're just that... silly fan boys cheering up for Jeff Gordon remembering his old victorys and forgetting that he don't wins nothing nowadays.

My faith in BIS has die after buy the OA and uninstall it two weeks later, was just the same thing but worst. After read the announcement i just think that it gonna be more of the same in therms of gameplay in SP as in MP and the fan boys can go to hell because they're just that... silly fan boys cheering up for Jeff Gordon remembering his old victorys and forgetting that he don't wins nothing nowadays.

If you have no faith in BIS and their products, you won't find any sympathizers on this section of the forums.

Basicaly yes; and for worst in many aspects, the campaign is much better, but still a lone wolf thing.

Look at the ArmA2 Aimpoint glass bug, there from day 1, same as the M1911 bugs, they had years to fix 'em but... they just didn't care; they gonna sell the same product (the best 1St person military sim) with the same mechanics but few real improvements. At least on the gameplay, and neither it gonna be user friendly... no Commands Refference Guide for do working SP & MP missions, complex ones, that simulate what's to be part of an army and not just fucking guerrilla; a Fire Team vs the world.

Do you have to play Battlefield3, is better for you. Do you know little about Arma.

Best Regards.

If you have no faith in BIS and their products, you won't find any sympathizers on this section of the forums.

Hi, i don't come to look for sympathizers man, i just come to add something, this time was my honest opinion... and if few others think the same... then ok, if no one else... ok too; no matters.

For those FNGs that say that "You know little 'bout ArmA" etc... i don't have nothing to say to 'em; i did more for the ArmA series than most of 'em, the proofs are there, go to Armedassault.info, to Armaholic.com or to OFPEC.com and download 'em. Weapons packs for the ArmA aswell as custom faces, that brought and kept players on this games series.

About my own opinion that the campaign is previsible and that they gonna have to do more for surprise the new and actual players... seems that some games publications share the same opinion, so im not alone on this; but as i'd said... no matters.

It's just an opinion... is as if you come talking about jessus, alah or buda and i tell you that they don't exist or that i don't belive on their existence; for proof that im wrong... you should come with physical proofs and not with a different opinion because the opinions of those who don't agree with me, weight the same = nothing. So is a good announcement but is more of the same. Let's C ya

I´ve gotta say, as a dedicated fan, the lack of news and hype is somewhat uninspiring.

I´ve had tons of juicy Ideas myself, but that´s not the same as getting juicy propaganda work put out by the devs themselves.

What I´m talking about is really down and dirty advertisement work, though, not dry stuff like we´ve been getting so far. Yes, we know the engine looks nice. Yes, we know you have terrain normal mapping. The Island is probably pretty detailed too...

but what I (as a gamer interested in, you know, the game) want to see is stuff about the GAME, not the TECHNOLOGY.

Just thought I´d put this out here to be discussed.

Carry on

I´ve gotta say, as a dedicated fan, the lack of news and hype is somewhat uninspiring.

I´ve had tons of juicy Ideas myself, but that´s not the same as getting juicy propaganda work put out by the devs themselves.

What I´m talking about is really down and dirty advertisement work, though, not dry stuff like we´ve been getting so far. Yes, we know the engine looks nice. Yes, we know you have terrain normal mapping. The Island is probably pretty detailed too...

but what I (as a gamer interested in, you know, the game) want to see is stuff about the GAME, not the TECHNOLOGY.

Carry on

The BIS fanboy in me would says: "I'm sure they will release something when they are ready. Maybe they will use the same strategy as they did with ArmA 2. Let's give them time"

The G4M3R in me says: "I need to find more hangover websites ;). Info! Now!"

Can't say my opinion of their PR is overly positive, though I do like their puzzle games. The way it has been up until now is months of silence with a sudden blitz where "everything" - information, screenshots, clips, etc. - are dumped within a few weeks. However, the way they're doing it with Carrier Command right now, with the "Bonus Mondays", is quite nice. I'd like them to keep that up. I don't mind if it's very little, just keep the tap running.

But it would of course be nice to see BI doing PR for more then one game at a time. The example I'm going after is how the PR has been in the last few months, where Take On Helicopters has gotten all the resources, whiles

Carrier Command had to wait until Take On Helicopters was released. Of course, those two were new IPs for BI and so I understand that they might want to focus as much attention on each game right before their release dates.

I´ve gotta say, as a dedicated fan, the lack of news and hype is somewhat uninspiring......

Yes it's been tumbleweeds for months now - Im still pumped but to create a buzz in the gaming world I would think you need to sustain the fire with a little tinder here and there.

And I'd still rather have new Tech then Game demos -show us your smexy new animation, moar physx and ragdoll NAO BIS!!!!

:D

Yeah a little over 3 months without anything that was worth it. (1 vid that looked like crap which just showed (for like 2 sec) that player inside can be damaged by vehilce collisions, that's it. No new environs or units, or proper gameplay (E3 demo mission where the AI was handicapped + player invincible was not a good showcase at all IN THE FIRST PLACE im afraid, not to mention that was like from even longer ago). (I understand that PhysX is not fully presentable at this stage and can accept that) But some badas screenshots of a jet formation flying over a massive inf+tank advance would REALLY help me out for a bit. At least update the new A3 site with some of that missing faction info.

need to sustain the fire with a little tinder here and there.

Tinder is nice and all, but personally I would like something a little more...BIG to create an ArmA 3 frenzy...

bigfire.jpg

but that's just me...

Edited by bobtom