Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

I am looking forward for E3 how the BIS introduce Arma 3 and I still hope that there will be any videos from the game :D.

Same, hopefully it'll give some more screenshots to ogle at for a some weeks if anything.

Theres going to be some pre alpha build footage Bohemia Interactive has their own booth in the South Hall at E3.

All kinds of new infos I cannot wait, especially when we all see this Physx integration and new animation in action and what it will bring to the table in terms of gameplay and immersion.

E3 cannot come fast enough :(

...E3 cannot come fast enough :(

Hear hear! Although the wait for this is not painful like Arma1 to Arma2 - this time we have an incredibly good game to keep us busy.

I still have a hunch that Arma3 is going to be mind-blowing - it really looks like they have decided to try some new things -things that are extremely welcome by me. This is going to be a milestone title.

I thought this day would never come....:(

and thx god i was wrong :yay::yay::yay:

now i have just to deal with that monkey on the back for 1 year :icon_wink:

anyway thx BIS :pray::D

seems like gaming in my lifetime will never end ... thx BIS for these news

keep on rockin' & rollin' :D

man, i had a dream last night where i was part off a small group of people in a room. We all had laptops and then this man gave us a copy of arma 3. But i woke up before i got to put the cd in :( :( :(:(.

do you want to add something pettka?

I would like to add a lot, but I am not alowed to. Lets just say, that You have a weapon against infantry, an AT and an AA on the chopper.

I just keep wondering how You come to the date of 2025 :icon_twisted:

Take a look at Arma 3 Offical site, there is a close-up view of rocked pod. Maybe it isn't just a coincidence, maybe it is :icon_twisted: And the warhead doesn't look as Hydra to me, Hydras are usually blue.

They are only blue all over if they are inert rounds. Blue tipped Hydra's are smoke signature rounds. Live are green tipped.

WTU/1B is the all blue practice round.

M274 is the practice smoke signature round.

I hope you have got this correct pettka?

Edited by HamishUK

Has anyone mentioned the parallels between the story of ArmA 3 and SAS Bravo Two Zero? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravo_Two_Zero

Greetings

CriminalMinds

Where do you see similarities? From what's known of the Arma3 story so far, I'm not seeing many.

Yeah, unless Andy McNab started a revolution with resistance fighters he found there i am not seeing it either. :p

ArmA 3:

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines.

However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island.

Bravo Two Zero:

In January 1991, eight members of the SAS regiment embarked upon a top secret mission

that was to infiltrate them deep behind enemy lines. Under the command of Sergeant Andy McNab,

they were to sever the underground communication link between Baghdad and north-west Iraq, and

to seek and destroy mobile Scud launchers.

Each man laden with 15 stone of equipment, they patrolled 20km across flat desert

to reach their objective. Within days, their location was compromised.

After a fierce fire fight, they were forced to escape and evade on foot to the Syrian border.

In the desperate action that followed, though stricken by hypothermia and other injuries, the

patrol 'went ballistic'. Four men were captured. Three died. Only one escaped. For the survivors,

however, the worst ordeals were to come. Delivered to Baghdad, they were tortured with

a savagery for which not even their intensive SAS training had prepared them.

The story of ArmA 3 isn't the same, sure. But the story of the group that is inserted fits pretty well.

Greetings

CriminalMinds

Hmm, well yeah there are similarities, but the same could be said for many, many war stories where a special forces team is sent somewhere and the op goes tits up right at the beginning.

The main difference here is that in Bravo Two Zero, the story follows the whole SAS team as they try to exfiltrate after a botched operation, while the Arma3 story focusses on a single guy trying to complete his mission when the rest of his unit is taken out. (And it's possible that he will be joining or starting a resistance movement on the island, but that's just speculation.)

nope its arma 2 ( you can even read it on the top right corner...)

lovin those shoes! ;)

but check this one out!!

starting from page 53, we can see Arma III units and the new water system which is currently at alpha stage.

btw @ p. 57: very nice reflections and doesnt it look like he is causing small waves?!

Was that a submerged Khe san I saw on page 54 & 55? :raisebrow:

nope its arma 2 ( you can even read it on the top right corner...)

I think it's "from creators of ArmA 2" not just ArmA 2, so it's ArmA 3 promo poster.

Anyone knows about difficulty in A3? My opinion that Arma must have 2 arcade and 2 maximally realistic difficulty levels,like in other simulators,because the more VBS features will have Arma, the more difficult it will be for newbies, the less profit BI will have, i undestand this. But A3 must have more VBS features for more realistic gameplay. I want more VBS at least)))

Anyone knows about difficulty in A3?

I think i'm right in saying we have virtually no gameplay details yet concerning Arma 3. Hopefully E3 will shed some light on this area.

I think it's "from creators of ArmA 2" not just ArmA 2, so it's ArmA 3 promo poster.

you cant really tell what is written there. The concept is also currently unknown ( sunset and something that looks like a UH-60 in the background)

the style reminds me of older arma 2 promos - very green etc

but the person could also wear a ghillie,

its impossible to tell

so lets just call it the "banner of unanswered questions" ;)