Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

You guys are awesome and should be commended on your commitment to tactical simulations.

With the right advertising BI could take a lead role in the gaming community. (NOT THAT WE EVER WANT BI TO "UBI" or "EA" OUR BELOVED ARMA!) We could see a resurgence in Pro-Sim games and popularity.

My only regret will be I can only play it for just a few months before 21 DEC 2012 comes and then were all kaput!

This is so great! But please don't make long commands, like as in arma "strmovemarieTVthismariemarie... xP" make easy commands to guys can remember :) like as in ofp. cya!

My only regret will be I can only play it for just a few months before 21 DEC 2012 comes and then were all kaput!

Ha I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring that up. Although it's supposed to end today (21st) as well isn't it.

Anyway, looking forward to this very much. Just got to find some way to pass the time.

And it's really a little sad to read so many of these threads by people whining about it being set in the future etc, just because BI aren't making the game exactly how they want it rather than just enjoying it for what it is.

And it's really a little sad to read so many of these threads by people whining about it being set in the future etc, just because BI aren't making the game exactly how they want it rather than just enjoying it for what it is.

I like that.

ok talking about " what they want"

havent you all made the experience when you wanted to introduce Arma 2 to a friend, but he thinks the graphics "suck" , when you look down from a hill 3000m in the valley?

Look at the ingame screenshots now. They look phenomenal. Many of my friends who were always playing things like CoD etc were impressed and now want to buy it

Remember the Arma 3 thread with the poll about things we would like to see?

Number 1 was a physics engine.

And look now; we've got it!

People wanted a better MP-experience. And look now: We have dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.

And regarding people complaining about the setting is too far in the future. Wait until you see the OPFOR guerilla faction. They wont be running around with MSBS rifles. And talking about futuristic: Everything we saw so far is already existing, this was not some sci-fi equipment coming straight from BIS imagination. They took existing units and just changed them slightly like the Mi-28N with coaxial rotors

and also have a look at the units: compare this to this

so please judge it when its finished and released and not based on 9 screenshots

Want say something to developers of this game. Guys, idea of game are super, but. The ideal game which can be as my RIGHT opinion, is make game like Far Cry 2, where enviroment and movement, weather atc will be the same. When easy to stand, fire, aim. Somethng you lose after OFP 1, I love this game. Try to make game friendly to people who love OFP, and now love ARMA. I am not too slow when want to shoot in real life, then make our hero faster, and do not make Call od Duty. We need speed, friendly realizm freedom and action.

Thx BIS. Great news, waiting for 2012! :cool:

Lol, I have my regular check on the forum and I bump into this?:

Looking forward, despite ArmA2 not being outdated at all.

And regarding people complaining about the setting is too far in the future. Wait until you see the OPFOR guerilla faction. They wont be running around with MSBS rifles.

I'm really not expecting a guerrilla OPFOR faction.

I guess I'm one of those who actually like the futuristic setting.

I've played Metal Gear Solid... bring it on.

that said, I can't wait til after E3.

I'm surprised that no one caught this, but that Mi-28/Ka-52 thing is also part Hind.

DUN DUN DUN!!!

Mysterychopper.jpg

No way that thing has cargo space. :eek: It would need the room for storing thousands of flares, seeing as the helo's hull is a Hind squared.

The use of Physix means that people with AMD cards are screwed? If so, I must buy an Nvidia card in the next one year period.

It doesn't mean we're screwed, it just means that the PhysX is going to be done on the CPU, instead of the GPU which is a slight performance hit.

I can assure you both Nvidia and ATI (including others) will be supported. No panic, please. :) Nothing is going to be changed, except the world. :D

And thanks to all people for all your kind words. It keeps us excited for our work.

Nothing is going to be changed, except the world. :D

I see what you did there :D

I like the sound of that!

Well you see, they know what they are doing!

I think you should clarifie this in some other threads, so people stop complaining

I'm not worried at all, and I'm at a loss as to why people are pitching fits about little things. I, like 90% of the community, still have to upgrade just about everything in my computer to play it anyways.

well, welcome to the future. Things evolve and greater games require greater hardware. And you wont be investing for nothing

so lets just save some money every month, preorder arma 3 and 2 month before the release we can buy the latest stuff and have an epic time with the ultimate game

well, welcome to the future. Things evolve and greater games require greater hardware. And you wont be investing for nothing

so lets just save some money every month, preorder arma 3 and 2 month before the release we can buy the latest stuff and have an epic time with the ultimate game

Pretty much what he said. I'ma have to save a lot on my lifeguard's wages. :(

I can assure you both Nvidia and ATI (including others) will be supported. No panic, please. :) Nothing is going to be changed, except the world. :D

And thanks to all people for all your kind words. It keeps us excited for our work.

I hope you guys get sponsored from NVidia and AMD because many of us will upgrade their computer just to play ArmA III :)

Keep up the good work guys. Looking forward to the first in-game footage ;)