Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

Just wanted to throw in my own "BIS I love you!" ;) Very exited about the news.

Jesus Christ dude is there anything in the game you like? maybe just stick with OFP.

Your a true fan, maybe just stop playing the game, if you dont like something then maybe its best to keep it to yourself,

and only offer positive criticism where they are needed, i find your criticism rather pointless, at that rate I dont see how your still playing the game.

what about the addons and mods, are they crap too?

I myself haven't played any of the campaigns except for all of OFPs, and I been in this about as long as you,

your post really has nothing constructive to say except complain how bad the campaigns are made, as well as

Glad you love the community here. SO missions like Insurgency, Evolution, Domination, and many of the like are crap too,

maybe you should release some profound missions you built and see how the community responds.

I'm sure theres alot of people who think the campaigns are great, and are fun ect,.

I'm with you on this one, I do the same, although I mainly build and edit/tweak mp missions for my server.

For Arma3 I'm really looking forward to more realism aspects to the game in various areas as well as other folks are,

but my main thing i'd like to see is some unique and or added features/upgrade of the editor, making it simpler to do tasks,

one of which i suggested in my last post.

I hope that BIS has heeded and had integrated alot of the great suggestions made over the past year into the new game,

and it sounds as if some have made it there.

Hahaha... dude, you have no idea who I am and what I've done.

I think I complimented Arma2 very well. I love it. It's by far the best game I've played in years. I just think the OA, ION and BAF campaigns are horrible.

I also said Arma3 looks great. I'm really looking forward to it.

And yes, most of the community missions are crap, unless you're playing different ones than I am. There are also a few gems out there.

ARMA3!

this is great news. And good feature list.

But isn't the world supposed to end before the release? Makes preordering a little tricky.

Just logged in to say:

To all the vampires at BIS – that’s enough! Please stop sucking my life away! :)

Really can’t wait – RAN Clearance Divers anyone?

Figured since I was curious about how the screenshots looked without the brown/orange/yellow color filter (I seriously hope this isn't the default setting), someone else might be interested too. So here you are: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v290/colossus/ArmA%203/

They could have been a bit more tweaked, but at least they are looking a bit better now.

Edited by colossus

Glad I haven't bought a new PC for 3 years now... will hold on now till ArmA 3 and with all that saved cash over 3 years I'm laughing.

But PLEASE BI don't release it for a few years...

ArmA2 still has plenty of life, releasing AermA3 to quickly will only shrink the community as not all here can just buy a state-of-the-art PC every 2-3 years just to play a slightly improved version. It has potential to disgruntle/alienate... hence shrinking the community.

OFP lasted 3-4 years for me and that was never playing online...

Glad I haven't bought a new PC for 3 years now... will hold on now till ArmA 3 and with all that saved cash over 3 years I'm laughing.

But PLEASE BI don't release it for a few years...

ArmA2 still has plenty of life, releasing AermA3 to quickly will only shrink the community as not all here can just buy a state-of-the-art PC every 2-3 years just to play a slightly improved version. It has potential to disgruntle/alienate... hence shrinking the community.

OFP lasted 3-4 years for me and that was never playing online...

Just buy the latest GPU you can get on the market and SSD and you should be fine.

BIS wont make an arma 4 in like 3 years that requires Octacore CPU's and whatnot aslong as you already have a good quad core SSD and good GPU you should be in the clear.

Great news!!! really excited for this one.

Would love it if the 3d editor could be finished up in this one though :D

Figured since I was curious about how the screenshots looked without the brown/orange/yellow color filter (I seriously hope this isn't the default setting), someone else might be interested too. So here you are: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v290/colossus/ArmA%203/

They could have been a bit more tweaked, but at least they are looking a bit better now.

Oh those are really nice! I wonder if it's possible to make a color filter module like that.

Words cannot describe this awesomeness! It's like Christmas, New Year's Eve, birthday, graduating and losing virginity in one day! :D

I'm a little concerned though... I'm at the airport in Japan now, I'm afraid they will not let me leave as the security will think I'm a ghoul\zombie because of all the drooling, tears of joy and stupid grin on my face... BRAAAAINS! ARMA THREEEEE! :cool:

Why do you have a picture of dragon rising with ArmaII logo under it.

On another note can anyone identify the missiles on the commanche? I thought they may be hellfires but it appears not.

great.. instead of improving the netcode of ArmA II you're just renaming Arrowhead & the addons into ArmA III and ask for more cash for it. Bohemia sucks! never gonna buy another game from them - it's not worth it. One just gets a crappy singleplayer experience and almost no official tutorials to make it better - one has to dig everything out oneself and study scripting as if it was our main job..- that's a no go!

Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

finally, I can run around in pink uniform!:yay:;)

great.. instead of improving the netcode of ArmA II you're just renaming Arrowhead & the addons into ArmA III and ask for more cash for it. Bohemia sucks! never gonna buy another game from them - it's not worth it. One just gets a crappy singleplayer experience and almost no official tutorials to make it better - one has to dig everything out oneself and study scripting as if it was our main job..- that's a no go!

Yet another idiot who reads a few KEY FEATURE bullet points and comes to the conclusion that theres no other features being worked on.

Nothing else has been reported about the game why dont you calm down, when its 2012 and the game comes out then you have every right to post this.

NATO!! yeah! maybe an actual representation rather than just a British mechanized team and a few UN units? nevertheless the screens look great. hopefully the community has a large part input-wise. Thanks for making two great games, and Cheers to a third. *clink*

finally, I can run around in pink uniform!:yay:;)

And I can have hello kitty helicopters and have the entire scheme all fit together ^^

Fantastic! :bounce3:

And I sure hope Arma III has improved AI behaviour, particularly when they're in vehicles.

Ya hear that BIS? :D

hope this turns out well!!! it could so easily get messed up... just don't make it too stylised and please don't smear it with patriotism, i love arma for it's complexity and realism.

if you simplify it too much it may lose its magic. but otherwise i'm keen for ARMA III, please just heed my words

Yeah, it's great news. According the pictures it looks very beautifully. But I wonder how it will be with hardware optimisation :).

And I can have hello kitty helicopters and have the entire scheme all fit together ^^

My four year old daughter loves to drive all kinds of vehicles in ArmaII. She'll go completely nuts when she sees an actual hello kitty helicopter... :D

Great news BIS! After the TOH annoucnement I thought you would need more time to start working on ArmA3. How nice to see that I was wrong:)