Sign in to follow this  
peeps

No emails 4 oxygen

i just recieved an email from BIS informing me that no new oxygen requests will b authorised. They also said that they will have more information on the offical website, some time in the summer sad.gif How shockin that is, just when i get into modelling. bah

Bummer. Looks like I got mine in just in time.

Well, they are going to make a public release of Oxygen.

My guess is that they will wait until the release of Resistance before they do anything about this public release. For all we know it might ship with Resistance.

could we have a copy of the message ?

Great.

With the frequency at which the website is updated, I'm holding out hope we might hear some news about Oxygen before, say, the next asteroid hits Earth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ May 20 2002,18:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great.

With the frequency at which the website is updated, I'm holding out hope we might hear some news about Oxygen before, say, the next asteroid hits Earth.<span id='postcolor'>

the asteroid hit earths tomorrow , we are all DEADDDDD smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peeps @ May 20 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i just recieved an email from BIS informing me that no new oxygen requests will b authorised. They also said that they will have more information on the offical website, some time in the summer  sad.gif  How shockin that is, just when i get into modelling. bah<span id='postcolor'>

I requested Oxygen as well, it looked like it would have been granted to me as well, and then it turns out they don't give it to anybody any more. I don't think I was anything over a day too late.

ran:yeah u can have a copy of the message:

==============================================

Dear Sam,

thank you for your interest in our Operation Flashpoint editing tools. We're

sorry to inform you that Oxygen Beta program was closed and we're not

accepting any new applicants.

More information about availability of Oxygen will be available at our

official site www.flashpoint1985.com later this summer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Nada Adamkova

BIStudio

im Sam by the way smile.gif

well they aint making no more ofp stuff after restistance from what i gather, so really its in thier best interest to release after resistance. (in case any smart asses make something that makes resistance redundant)

oxygen is about addons and mods so its not the wrong forum

anyway. with a bit of luck oxygen will b released just after resistance, or if were really lucky with resistance

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peeps @ May 20 2002,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ran:yeah u can have a copy of the message:

Dear Sam,

thank you for your interest in our Operation Flashpoint editing tools. We're

sorry to inform you that Oxygen Beta program was closed and we're not

accepting any new applicants.

More information about availability of Oxygen will be available at our

official site www.flashpoint1985.com later this summer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Nada Adamkova

BIStudio

im Sam by the way  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like my job aplication responses biggrin.gif

its a plot 2 make us by operation flashpoint 2 i tells ya smile.gif or join the army so we can play on that thing based on operation flashpoint engine, forgot its name now

mad.gif i am realy getting angry on those guys of bis

get that fucking prog on the net and make a game a finished game look ad half-life it sucked but when they begon making mods for them the game sold even better so get that f...ing programa on the net and count out your money you have made whit this game man if you will buy the holl game you spended €45 + €15 + €30 =€90,- on the hole game that f...ing

$80 dollar man that money if they sold 1.000.000 copys of OFP that means $40×1.000.000=40.000.000 dolar $$$$ that what the guys of bis see money they will not distrebud oxygen bicaus they than cant make more money on of so if you will buy resistans you need to pay $28,00× lets say araound 500.000 people wil buy resistans and if you are a realy ofp fan you will that the engine of this game is not yet finished and that the the new engine is a bid more complex so you will need to buy the expansion so that means they will make around $28,-×500.000=14.000.000 so that means they will have a made $52.000.000

so the point wid oxygen is that they have the $$$$ in there eys and they realy need to wipe out the bling bling and think what the gamers would like

i think they need come for real and put it onlyn think about that and keep sending mesage a bout that you wnad oxygen to them they need to hurry up befor people turn the game battlefield 1942 bicaus i have more hoops inthat game right now hope you guys of bis read this learn from a expierinc mod maker and modeler! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

lets just see how long it takes battlefield 1942 to release anything in the way of modeling, Map making or any tools like that before you start attacking BIS smile.gif

ironfist_dflw_ - if i would be BIS, and you would be the

voice of the comunity, well then i would just add to

your comment: forum closed goodbye

There's really really no reason to attack BIS in any way.

They are doing a lot of work and support to the comunity.

They didn't earn money for any patch or weapon/units update

yet. They are still trying to improve, what is already more

than only kewl.

Yes, they might be doing their jobs for MONEY (aren't we

all working for money?).

The unfinished release, what you are talking about, was

forced by codemasters. At time of the first release of OFP,

they didn't expect that OFP becomes a real multiplayer hit.

I've never seen BIS talking to anyone of the comunity in that

way, you did.

I want to add also; ironfist_dflw_ didn't speak for me wink.gif

~S~ CD

Jeez, I would like to add that ironfist_dflw_ speaks ONLY for himself.

And I would like to respond to his dumba$$ post.

Let's say that BIS makes $52.000.000.

That's a lot of money, right?

Well now, first off: BIS doesn't get all the money from the sales.

These guys need money:

Developers (BIS in this case)

Publisher (Codemasters in this case)

Marketing-costs (This is helluvalot of money)

Retailer (The game store needs profit too, right?)

Anyway, there's very litte of those $52.000.000 that actually makes it back to BIS. Let's say that they cut a great deal with Codemasters and max out on their profit. That

could give them $20.000.000. Now, from those $20.000.000 you need to deduct a lot of money.

The developers need salaries. They need great machines to develop their next game on. They need the best software to run on those machines. Maybe they will expand for next project? Hire one or two more guys. They need to get paid, and they need workstations.

When all is said and done, they may have earned $5.000.000 to $10.000.000 in pure profit.

Conclusion: They are not doing this to earn more money.

(To any of you BIS folks reading this: I have NO idea what kind of deal you have with codemasters and so on, but I used common sense to calculate this. So I hope I'm not that far off target =)

how bout this, just have everyone that has oxygen to put it up on Kazaa tounge.gif

Haven't recieved it yet, but made my mark on a pice of paper saying I wouldn't broadcast deatails of the software.

Call me an old Fuddy-Duddy, but I would prefer people to know my word means something. mad.gif

Haven't recieved it yet,  but made my mark on a piece of paper saying I wouldn't broadcast deatails of the software.

Call me an old Fuddy-Duddy, but I would prefer people to know my word means something. mad.gif

OOPS, Double post, but then, I happen to think that the subject is worth it anyway.

emmm, that is bad. smile.gif

Oh im a bit confused about asking bis for oxygen.First you send them an email requsting it.Then they send you a letter in the mail?Then you sign it 'agreeing' to the terms?Then they send oxygen to you by mail?

They send you a Word document by e-mail, which they ask you to print out, sign and send back to BIS via snail mail.

After that, smoke 'em if you got 'em.