Sign in to follow this  
MoS

SimCopter anyone?

Just clicked on random vids on YouTube when I found THIS:

5lnzQvuapdw

All that years that have past... where have they gone??

I totally forgot about this game but when I just saw it, it reminded me instantly of Take On Helicopters and I had to make a memorial thread for this classic game!

Anyways if SimCop... uh I mean Take On Helicopters has the same principle as SimCopter I can really see the fun such a fresh and "new" setting would be. :yay:

Feel free to post if you played that game back then and want to share some nostalgia :)

If I remember correctly, you could fly through your own (Sim City)-cities.

Jens

You could. It was amazing. This and Soviet Strike for the PS1 made me fall in love with Rotary wing.

If I remember correctly, you could fly through your own (Sim City)-cities.

Jens

To have that in a modern day city sim would be fantastic!

Oh yeah, SimCopter! I loved this game :D

I know it's not directly related to SimCopter but anyone remembers Streets of Sim City? :) (and not to forget Sim Tower)

20071017084028!Streets_of_SimCity_Coverart.jpg

Edited by ScratcH1

I know it's not directly related to SimCopter but anyone remembers Streets of Sim City? :) (and not to forget Sim Tower)

20071017084028!Streets_of_SimCity_Coverart.jpg

In the timeless words of the guy from the streets of simcity country radio channel

we are but a splatter (splatter, splatter) on the windshield of the wagon...

lmfao

Simcopter was great until you couldnt complete a mission then it stayed glitched on the map forever. :(

I remember SOSC being a Interstate 76 ripoff:p Simtower was good though.

Edited by sparks50

Yep, first game I thought of when reading about TOH. SimCopter and Stunt Car Racer (going back even further now), are two games I always wanted a modernisation of.

Did you know that there is a group of gay guys roaming the streets in SimCopter (with fluro nipples) that are attracted to your copter and get sliced up by the blades if you land near them? One of the dev's was actually paid by an anti-gay group for this to be secretly put in....and was subsequently sacked as a result.

SimTower ah~~~the good old times, I still reinstall the game and play it a bit...... Wait! Maybe the next BI title would be "Take on: Mega Tower?"*hint hint*:D

Back on topic, SimCopter is the first thing that I could think of when Take on: helichopter is announced, being a SimCity fan I would say SimCopter is a fun little game, however the bugs and glitch makes it a less enjoyable game then it could had been.