Sign in to follow this  
DarkEmblem

AI Problem -Commanding-

Hey I Go into editor and or any AI enabled server where you can command a AI but mainly playing around in Editor I tell my Soldiers to Target Something an object or anything I Then either tell them to Engage or Fire they just stand there IE example telling them to shoot a civ or something to try to get it to work but they just stand there they dont do anything now they will shoot a enemy but telling them to shoot anything else other than a enemy they just stand there and not do a thing

I used to be able to get AI to do this but some reason they wont do anything It started doing this after like patch 1.09 for ArmA 2

Anyone know how to fix this?

Hey I Go into editor and or any AI enabled server where you can command a AI but mainly playing around in Editor I tell my Soldiers to Target Something an object or anything I Then either tell them to Engage or Fire they just stand there IE example telling them to shoot a civ or something to try to get it to work but they just stand there they dont do anything now they will shoot a enemy but telling them to shoot anything else other than a enemy they just stand there and not do a thing

I used to be able to get AI to do this but some reason they wont do anything It started doing this after like patch 1.09 for ArmA 2

Anyone know how to fix this?

Actually this is a fix...A.I. will not attack non valid targets anyore like civil or friendly or empty..like empty vehicles.

Right clicking a target (be it building, civilian or sheep) as a commander in an armed vehicle will force the AI to engage that object. Were you perhaps by any chance mounted?

-k

Well thats a dumb fix is there anyway to Void that in a mission? and

Can you be more detailed NkEnNy

err..

Targeting works different when you are in a vehicle and when you are on foot.

Try this in editor.

1. Place a US fireteam(F2) and make yourself the team leader.

2. Preview mission

3. Select all soldiers. Press Target(2) then more(0).

4. Pick one of your own soldiers (using mousewheel or numbers)

5. Select all soldiers. Order Engage(3) then Fire(3)

6. Donate a few dollars to the widows of army soldiers you heartless bastard.

Your squad will now kill whomever the target is. Even if it is their buddy.

Is this what you are looking for? Else if it is a user interface error you can in OA 1.59+ assign targets by left-clicking on them.

-k

Sometimes I want AI to stay his position and shoot the target but they often follow the enemy if they are out of range, however this can cause AI to lose cover or lose vantage ground.

err..

Targeting works different when you are in a vehicle and when you are on foot.

Try this in editor.

1. Place a US fireteam(F2) and make yourself the team leader.

2. Preview mission

3. Select all soldiers. Press Target(2) then more(0).

4. Pick one of your own soldiers (using mousewheel or numbers)

5. Select all soldiers. Order Engage(3) then Fire(3)

6. Donate a few dollars to the widows of army soldiers you heartless bastard.

Your squad will now kill whomever the target is. Even if it is their buddy.

Is this what you are looking for? Else if it is a user interface error you can in OA 1.59+ assign targets by left-clicking on them.

-k

Er sorta but didnt work anyways im talking about ArmA 2 not ArmA 2 OA

But I want to Make a AI to attack a player the player is not in my squad example i want this to happen on Chernarus Life AKA using Slaves the buyable AI at the illegal areas

I use to give Slaves a AK or something to help defend me against the cops but now they wont shoot anymore because of this stupid patch

Any Idea?

In fact. How will you tour the abbreviated bus if the escalator mechanism fails to lock into place at the germane juncture bees? Journey thralls must be preserved for administrative button configurations.

Refrigerator.

-k