Sign in to follow this  
SPC.Spets

Plane crash and map marker

I want to make a plane crash. By now, I have a spawn plane (UAV) flying without FUEL, the plane always crash almost in the same place/area. But if I put some enemy AI around, the plane doesnt crash there, he fly far far from the area.

So, I wonder:

Its posible to make the plane to crash at one especific place/area?

or, its posible to spawn a mark in the map where the plane crashed?

Also because, I want to put an object as a black box to recover from the crashed UAV.

a simple way would be to put this in it's init field:

this setDamage 1;

Then just place a marker there in the editor

This is a hard one... I would say No to this. Other people might have other ideas though and know a good way to this! I'm sure it's out there somewhere! LOL!

You can try setcaptive on the UAV. No guarantees though!

Yes.. check the vehicles height with getpos. If the UAV's height is less than 1 then it's safe to say the UAV is on the ground or has crashed and you can createvehicle createMarker the marker there.

If you don't know how to implement these commands then it will be a long hard road indeed!

This is a good place to start... http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1308336&postcount=21

Edited by twirly

kill the pilot of the plane then it will not try to move away from the enemys ;)

(driver vehiclename) setDammage 1;

What twirly said about getPos, but you want createMarker not createVehicle to spawn a marker.

What twirly said about getPos, but you want createMarker not createVehicle to spawn a marker.

Oops my bad.... thanks Demon. I'll fix the post above.

Yeah! Im noob to this, so I used "setdammage 1" the plane is not flying now, just there in the ground and it explodes with a trigger.

I did the createmarker once, but now, I dont remember how I did it, and I cant figureout how :s

I did the createmarker once, but now, I dont remember how I did it, and I cant figureout how :s

read the links provided on createMarker, there are examples there also.

key word is READ IT.

You should also read the guide provided in a link by Twirly, again you have to read it...

You can use search function within the PDF guide to find certain topics, like creating markers.