Friends, this was Bushlurker in "I HAVE A DREAM" mode. It's a pleasure to work with him... a lot of work raises everyday. Is this the reason for waiting his fantastic Scotland territory for ages? :)

C'mon Bushlurker, let us have your fantastic work on our desktops :D

Sadly poor old Scotland is still on hold, though I hope to resume work on it soon(ish)... I've been sidetracked mightily recently, and after that project is released, I'm committed to doing another map as well...:rolleyes: ... possibly two...:eek:

But after that.... back to Scotland - for sure...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

First: Awesome map!!!

Elite Arma Warriors is running a Fallujah Insurgency server. It's US based, but we have a couple guys from Germany hop on with good pings.

Yes: I run Insurgency and Evolution ( Fallujah ) servers. We have guys from all over the world come in there. We kick no-one out for thier ping. We have not ever really had a problem with lag from someone elses ping. 24.214.172.155 PORTS: EVO 2306 and Ins 2320

I have 2 request for shezan74. 1): Please add more buildings in all those empty spaces in the city ( PLENTY OF BUILDINGS lol, the ones needed to run the insurgency spawn in/near/on roof script ) . Me adding them via the editor just runs the files size so high. 2): Please add all the buildings, fences, cranes, walls, roads, etc. everything to the fallujah_hou1_1.pbo for mission makers. this is what I have found the names and p3d's to add my self, I use another editor update for the OA buildings. But you get into too many other editor updaters and you start looking for your players to need that addon to join your server witch is not what I want to do.

class cfgpatches {
class fallujah_hou {
	units[] = {
				"Land_dum_istan3_hromada2",
				"Wall_L_2m5_gate_EP1",
				"Wall_L3_gate_EP1",
				"Wall_L1_gate_EP1",
				"Wall_L3_pillar_EP1",
				"Wall_L1_pillar_EP1",
				"Wall_FenW2_6_EP1",
				"Wall_L_2m5_EP1",
				"Wall_L_5m_EP1",
				"Wall_L1_2m5_EP1",
				"Wall_L1_5m_EP1",
				"Wall_L2_5m_EP1",
				"Wall_L3_5m_EP1",
				"Wall_L4_10m_EP1",
				"Wall_L5_10m_EP1",
				"Wall_L_2m5_corner_EP1",
				"Wall_L2_5m_End_EP1",
				"Wall_CBrk_5",
				"Wall_CGry_5",
	};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredversion = 0.1;
	requiredaddons[] = {"CAData","CABuildings"};
};
};

Thanks, Robert.

Edited by SpectrumWarrior

@Shezan: could you explain to me what is the point of a 4 digit GPS on a 3 digit map grid?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9277/arma2oa2011060912394488.jpg

Are you kidding? :)

If not: the map grid is just a gross reference. It's common practice in map reading to mentally divide up the gross map grid into 10x10.

In your image example, it might be of limited use to report that a unit was "somewhere" in the large grid square.

I just thought since the GPS has 4 digits, the mag grid would be the same.

It seemed logical.

TBH 3 digit GPS was fine for me.

- Changed the format of map grid (now with 4 digits) for better ACE DAGR and GPS support

Doesn't it mean the map grid has now 4 digits? I'm confused.

As to "mentally dividing up" the gross map grid into 10x10, please explain further. It doesn't look easy at all.

If I tell you "08279138", you know exactly where I am? I don't think so, or not before some serious map reading and extra mental division.

Edited by Lonestar

If I tell you "08279138", you know exactly where I am? I don't think so, or not before some serious map reading and extra mental division.

It's not a big deal. You look at grid co-ord 082 across, plus about 7/10 of the way across the square.

Then you look at co-ord 913 up, plus about 8/10 up the square.

Acedemic if you use lower skill levels, as the icons come up anyway. But for higher skill levels, you need to read a map.

@Shezan: could you explain to me what is the point of a 4 digit GPS on a 3 digit map grid?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9277/arma2oa2011060912394488.jpg

Simple if you dont like it dont use ACE like DMarkwick says, the 4 digit gps coords are to show where you are in a more accurate degree, with 3 digit coords you can only really place yourself in a square, with 4 you can approximate your current position more accurately...

Not sure whether you know about orienteering Lonestar, but I was taught this stuff as a 8 year old :D

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Simple if you dont like it dont use ACE

I don't use ACE at all, that's the problem.

These extra digits are displayed even without ACE and on mercenary difficulty.

I dont see any problem.... The 4th digit is never added to the map (use your eye and approximate where it would be), it would require 100 small squares in side the 100m square 10 x 10, just get used to it because you cant change it :p

If you still dont like it just take into account the first 3 is what you need so disregard every 4th number on the GPS.

These extra digits are displayed even without ACE and on mercenary difficulty.

In case you didn't know, GPS devices are accurate. In fact, they provide 5 digit accuracy, giving you the square meter location.

I don't really see why this is such a big issue, but I would like to point out to Lonestar that we already have 4 digit references using the GPS (check this image Robalo, it's 4 not 5.) so all the change would do is make it where the GPS and the map match.

Why not go to the very end and add another digit to the map grid?

Robalo, you created a config for Duala that added 2 digits to the map grid.

Is it possible to do something similar for Fallujah? I'm just asking.

Darkhorse: I am well aware about how things are since I'm the one that submitted the config: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18473

Was just trying to explain that GPS devices have that added accuracy in real life.

Lonestar: Duala 1.91's grid config is bugged at the moment, you can see what happened here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18472

Yea, I saw it was broken. Hopefully 1.95 will fix it.

Is it technically possible to add an extra digit to Fallujah's map grid?

If it's not, I'll move on.

Edited by Lonestar

Yea, I saw it was broken. 1.2 will fix it.

Is it technically possible to add an extra digit to Fallujah's map grid?

If it's not, I'll move on.

If you can zoom in enough to be able to read the small grids so they're not too small or numbers overlapping then yes, technically is possible.

Buildings class "Land_Tovarna2" should be slightly lifted.

The ground and floor textures are overlapping and flickering.

As an example: player setpos [5035, 5425, 0]

digits are a "big" headache :) everyone needs them made in a different way for specific addons. I've tried to understand what is the most common request, but if i've failed something i can update it.

I need to have it made in a normal way for vanilla. :smile:

I can understand ACE needs the extra digit but I personally don't care.

Im still so in love with your map, have spent many hours just walking around and check things out.

I have one more wish tho, the grass looks terrible at sun sets, you should replace it with another grass type...

And as HeinBloed said, there are some houses to low placed, if you want i can get you all the cordinates!

Im still so in love with your map, have spent many hours just walking around and check things out.

I have one more wish tho, the grass looks terrible at sun sets, you should replace it with another grass type...

And as HeinBloed said, there are some houses to low placed, if you want i can get you all the cordinates!

Did you have a screenshot of what you mean for looks terrible?

Ok for coordinates, i'll give an eye if you send them to me.

For some reason, my map is missing the hotel buildings. Anyone know why? I have reinstalled 3 times, and no fix.