Head movement help, action menu?

Was this game difficult to learn?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Was this game difficult to learn?

• Not difficult at all
    • Somewhat difficult
    • Very Difficult
    • Unplayable

Hi, I am new to ARMA 2 and have tried to go thru the training but nothing so far seems to help.

I am training to finish the first aid mission in training but after carrying the wounded solder to the front of the tent, the sargent says to press heal from the action menu, when I stand next to the soldier. I do stand next to him but nothing happens, there is no such thing as a action menu present. Ive tried pressing all sorts of keys and combos, but the only thing I accomplished is that now I cannot move anymore, only my head turns but not my body. I tried hitting different keys and nothing happens I am stuck. The control configuration on the start up screen doesnt mention nothing regarding an Action Menu, or a head only movement set up.

Please help, this game is becoming really frustating since it is not user friendly at all.

Press left ALT twice to toggle head movement, hold the ALT to use head.

To access action menu press or scroll 'middle mouse button' or 'enter'.

ArmA2 is actually the most user friendly out of all games in the series.

OFP didn't even have a proper tutorial and a lot of it was spread across the campaign so unless you completed it you were on your own.

Still I found OFP to be easy enough to learn

Welcome to the community, and to the game.

but the only thing I accomplished is that now I cannot move anymore, only my head turns but not my body.

you hit the freelook button on your keyboard, go to your controls and see what you have freelook set for for infantry controls.

What I suggest is go through the controls and setup your controls how you want,

if you need help understanding what controls are for what then please send me a pm, or post a reply to your thread here.

There are also plenty of folks on the forums that will help you out.

Another suggestion would be to hop in the editor or for the sake of ease of use, or get into the armory and pick a

gun and play around with your controls and see what does what, I did this back when OFP came out of course back then it was just the editor.

Editor is very simple if you want to just try stuff out, just start it up, pick an island, and then double click on the

land somewhere and you have a soldier, then hit preview at the bottem right and your ingame.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

The controls of ArmA2 are like the game itself:

some peeps are just overwhelmed by it´s possibilities :D