Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Improved BRDM2 units

has anyone found a good script that will work to spawn these things with the camo nets deployed (and for police versions have the barrier open)? as far as scripting goes im very noobie :-/

This is straight out of the config. You'll obviously have to convert this to a script format but this is where you need to start:

Deploy Camo Net:

statement = "this animate [""camonet"",0], this SetVariable [""_BRDM2IMP_Fuel"", Fuel this, true], this SetFuel 0.0";

Stow Camo Net:

statement = "this animate [""camonet"",1], this SetFuel (this GetVariable [""_BRDM2IMP_Fuel"", 1.0]), this SetVariable [""_BRDM2IMP_Fuel"", 0.0, true]";

thanks dude...big help. figured it out.

for camonets:

this animate ["camonet",0];

for barricades on police version:

this animate ["fenceright",1]; this animate ["fenceleft",1]; this SetFuel 0.0;

for comms mast on C2 version:

this animate ["mast_top",1]; this animate ["mast_middle",1]; this animate ["mast_bottom",1];

Reinstall fixed it. I have absolutely no idea what was broken but it works now.

hcpookie, how goes the work about the ACE config ? Did you start to work on that ?

Update! Version 2.0 is released. See first post! :)

Although, in real life, private contractors are usually used mainly as bodyguards and supply delivery, so maybe a version without any gun at all for VIP transport would be good to have, too? Looking like this one that's apparently a civil BRDM2 that some guy in Russia owns.

Now that's how to commute to work!

hcpookie, would you mind if we use some of your BRDM and static launchers in the Iranian Forces mod?

Thanks once again for the mirror Foxhound!

Xeno, of course you can reuse them in any way you see fit - that's what the MLODs are for ;) I'd be happy to see the improved BRDMs show up in other mods! Also don't forget the SA9 port that Franze allowed me to bring over from his Arma1 build, which is what started this entire mod project - in case you need more anti-air support :)

This v2.0 build should be the "final" build. Of course I've said that before! :D All of the known issues are addressed. I am considering some minor features like new damage textures and possibly more camo patterns, etc. but v2.0 contains all the features I intended to add when I started this mod.

Great to see you got the destroyed wheels working and fixed some more issues.

Now we're going to assimilate them, some at least. :)

Thanks once again for the mirror Foxhound!

Xeno, of course you can reuse them in any way you see fit - that's what the MLODs are for ;) I'd be happy to see the improved BRDMs show up in other mods! Also don't forget the SA9 port that Franze allowed me to bring over from his Arma1 build, which is what started this entire mod project - in case you need more anti-air support :)

This v2.0 build should be the "final" build. Of course I've said that before! :D All of the known issues are addressed. I am considering some minor features like new damage textures and possibly more camo patterns, etc. but v2.0 contains all the features I intended to add when I started this mod.

Thanks! While it would be nice to use the SA-9, the Iranians don't have that particular air defense vehicle. They have several other interesting vehicles, though.

We're currently down a skinner, so if you are planning to do some more camo patters, would you consider doing some Iranian and desert textures?

W0lle, those are being tweaked as we speak - should be done by next weekend :)

Xeno, unfortunately that's the one thing I don't really do that well. I got frustrated trying to learn how to add the layers and such in my editing programs and this is the best I've been able to do so far... as you can see I still have much to learn! This is my attempt at a "real" Russian camo pattern based on pics. I think a RACS camo pattern would be nice as well!

camotest1.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Update - I found some minor issues with the 3d models that I slipped by, so I will need to release a v2.1 update once I go over the rest of the models.

Here's the camo test for Police and PMC "black vehicle" units. Grey should work for additional insurgent camo patterns too. I'm satisfied with the "Modern Russia" camo pattern. I personally think it is a really good pattern :) Note also the new khaki tan desert camo as well in the previous pic :)

I'm not 100% pleased with the blue, but that's the best I can do. Every time I try to make it less subtle it gets cartoonish. This is the most "subdued" blue I can get.

camotest2.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

W0lle, those are being tweaked as we speak - should be done by next weekend :)

Xeno, unfortunately that's the one thing I don't really do that well. I got frustrated trying to learn how to add the layers and such in my editing programs and this is the best I've been able to do so far... as you can see I still have much to learn! This is my attempt at a "real" Russian camo pattern based on pics. I think a RACS camo pattern would be nice as well!

Do not quote images!

https://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1prE2Gs1KQNMb7Wmd7TY_qdIn7n9wsHdwlo0EL2UU2ounblAdlY95CFX7tfYCIcJz0gTdNouTRywA/camotest1.jpg

I think those russian desert camos look pretty sweet. Is the one at the top a Desert CDF camo?

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote images!

Glad you like it! It is based on real photos of Russian vehicles in a parade from around 2009.

The all-khaki one is what I'm planning to use for the "locals" tan camo. This is the CDF desert camo (more brown):

camotest3.jpg

Edit to add - Finally got the UN white to stop shining :)

camotest4.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

UPDATE! Download link in first post.

Fixed some minor issues. I am feeling very confident that all issues are resolved :) I've added the new camo textures (shown above) and added some new desert camo nets.

Sample missions updated as well!

v2.1: 11/13/2011

-------------------

NEW: Readme updated with more comprehensive information!

NEW: Revised camo patterns: Russian Modern Camo, Desert Tan camo (Takistan Locals), PMC Black, PMC Grey, Police Civilian Blue, UN white

NEW: Revised camo netting patterns (see below).

FIX: Minor texture mapping issues

FIX: Shadow model issue

FIX: MG M2 Model issue

FIX: Police barricade texture issue

FIX: Police Door issue (getin-getout)

I don't know too how install it...Could I keep my "old" brdm2imp.pbo files, or remove it? And where to install the new files, please? It's not working in a classic addon file...

@ Foxhound - Thanks for the mirror; I really appreciate it!

To install, it is just like any other addon. PBO files are zipped. Extract as per the readme and enjoy. Direct link to the readme: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265&sc=documents&uc=1&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211443#

2. Download the .zip file named: "brdm2imp_v2.1". The PBO's are zipped for your download convenience. ZIP size ~ 57MB; UNZIP size ~ 70MB.

3. If you have downloaded an older version, you simply overwrite the old files with the ones in the v2.1 pack as you would with any other addon update.

I downloaded the version from the Armaholic link earlier in the day and the file was "brdm2imp_mlod_v2.1.rar" which just extracted into a heap of 3d files.

That might be the issue others are having too.

I'll now try the one you've provided in the skydrive link.

Cheers,

Dreadnought1

To install, it is just like any other addon. PBO files are zipped. Extract as per the readme and enjoy.

Thank you for your fast answering, and for this great addon.

I have a lot of other addons, but I really don't know how to install this one.

I can't see zipped pbos, I 've watched all files contained in "brdm2imp_mlod_v2.1.rar", but there are no pbos files anywhere...All that I can see are just p3d., cpp., cfg. and paa. files, but definitively no pbos!

...and nothing in the readme explains really how to install...I can see a long change log, but nothing else...Sorry, I'm nvertheless not a noob, but there, I dont know how to process...There are not pbos.

EDIT; I've finally downloaded with the link you've posted on your last message, and that gives me classicals addons pbos. Sorry for bothering, but it might be a good thing to change it on the armaholic frontpage to avoid you to have dozens of lost people searching their pbos!

THX!!

Edited by Patriot 911

According to deal with hcpookie Lingor factions will get couple of BRDMs from his production, including FEA police unit.

Glad to hear you guys got it installed and working!

Ice, looking forward to seeing them deployed in force on Lingor! :)