Sign in to follow this  
blurgh

Why do my trees moving and changing how they look ?

Im standing still, im looking at some trees, hold down right click to zoom view and all of a sudden they all start moving/morphing like the leaves move position or something. Its bizarre...

How do i fix this ?

how about your PC specs, game version, and ingame settings used for starters!

It's the models changing their LODs (Level of Detail). All games do this, to save performance over distance. But like PuFu said, we can't help you until we get some specifications. :)

There's nothing that you can do really. It's how the LOD switching is implemented - instead of being immediate, the trees morph into the new shape. It's one of the more annoying things of Arma - learn to live with it.

There are a few mods out there (I believe by Kju) that make it a little better by eliminating the most detailed LOD so the game needs fewer switches. This also helps performance and frame rate a bit since the game doesn't have to render so many objects.

Having a more powerful computer may improve this a bit but not much.

I find the LOD morphing distracting also. An instant switch would be better in most situations. The A2 world looks so busy already with flickering, z-fighting, etc. the last thing needed is more unnecessary motion on screen IMO.

It doesn't seem nearly as noticeable running the game on an SSD, I'd imagine because it can read & load the textures a heck of a lot faster.

It doesn't seem nearly as noticeable running the game on an SSD, I'd imagine because it can read & load the textures a heck of a lot faster.

agreed. imo it's not bad at all. setting details to very high also helps.