Sign in to follow this  
Rhamka

Car is not waiting for player, help.

I know this is a very easy thing but can't get to make it work. I have a single soldier, I want a car with its waypoint allocated (only one) to move once the soldier (player) enters it. In accordance to MrMurray guide it says:

Maybe you have a vehicle on the map which already has its waypoints allocated and only

should start to move when a special unit has entered, for example the player. It doesn't

matter which kind of vehicle is used; it works for cars, trucks, ships and also helicopters.

To make it work, just enter following syntax in the condition field of a trigger, or a waypoint:

Name in VehicleName or Vehicle Name == VehicleName

The thing is that the car ignores everything a goes directly to the waypoint, so my soldier has never the opportunity to enter that car. Is it a bug or something is missing? THe sintax is:

Rhamka in Trans

Trans is the car name.

Give yourself a waypoint, and sync your end waypoint to the cars start waypoint.

Your ending waypoint should say get in, not move.

Once you get in the car then the car will move to its next waypoint.

Thanks for the answer, it works! It even works if the waypoint say "LOAD" and not "GET IN".

The only problem I see is that as soon as you reach the waypoint the car moves, so you have to be very fast to enter as it doesn't wait for you. I tested it several times, so after some tries the car moves the waypoint taking less time to find the way so it becomes much harder to enter the car. For several units it would be more problematic.

Im guessing if there is an easier way, probably a script or something? I think that in this way, the systems understands that the unit reach the waypoint (LOAD or GET IN) and then the car moves, as it happens, even if the unit does not enter the car goes to the waypoint.

Anyway, I think I can use this one meanwhile, thanks for the answer.

Easier way would be to have an AI drive the car for you, he wont move unless you tell him to.

As for the car moving when you get ther, setup a time in the waypoint so that it waits for so many seconds before he moves.

Refer to the editor:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Mission_Editor

Another way to do this is,

Say your player is named s1

and your car is car1

place a waypoint (load) onactiv ; dostop car1

Place a second waypoint (move) on the Condiction line; ((!alive s1) OR (s1 in car1))

"ensure that this waypoint is over the (load) waypoint"

then place your next waypoints to where you want him to goto..

Just to break down what this Means >>"" ((!alive s1) OR (s1 in car1)) ""

First ((!alive s1) --Checking to see if s1 is alive, if he dead the car wont wait,

Second (s1 in car1)) -- Checks to see if s1 is in car1 if so it will continue on next waypoint..

hope this helps

snypr