Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 80955

This has been asked before, but wasn't answered yet (in an earlier beta thread, about 79348), so apologies for bringing it up again, but I find this pretty annoying:

Usually, the pointer that you get as team leader is context sensitive, i.e. point it at a spot on the ground, and clicking issues a move command. If you point at a bad guy, it issues an attack.

However, since 79348, this is changes slightly: The normal behavior persists until the selected unit has a target assigned. When this is the case, the cursor becomes an engage command when you click on empty ground. This is particularly annoying because the engage command persists, you can not say "disengage", and even if you order "Return to formation", they will immediately re-engage. The only solution is to cancel the target, and call back to formation. Even then, re-assigning the same target will again cause an engage order.

Overall, this method, if it is intended, is counter-intuitive, since there is no indication whether the unit has a target assigned or not, so if you click somewhere in the heat of battle thinking it's a move order, it suddenly becomes an engage order that takes several "complex" steps to undo.

Again, apologies for bringing this up again.

YES!

-k

Playing a MP game (Insurgency) the beta keeps running out of memory. Another player (also testing the beta) has the same problem.

Confirmed, happened to me twice yesterday evening @ MP

I was the only one who has the new beta installed and the CTDs only happened to me.

two or three times in a blink of an eye the game just kicked me back to the desktop, sometimes saying "Arma 2 OA doesnt work anymore" or "Arma 2 Reinforcements.....", the other time no message appeared.

than I had at least two out of memory crashed, but I didnt write up the error codes.

Performance in cities seems smoother to me, but the invincible static gunners are a bit funny :p

and everybody laughed at me yesterday because I emptied half my tank's ammo stash on a DschK Gunner without killing him, had to get real close to him.

not the same as if you kill an enemy and he keeps standing because they are dead....that static gunner yesterday couldnt be killed

I also noticed that throwing grenades was fixed, you dont two throwing animations anymore but this was at least fixed in the previous beta?

now please BIS, fix the CTD and out of memory bugs along with the already named ones and PLEAAAAAASSSSSEEE fix the trees and bushes so that at least some HE rounds go through! You did it with rockets (early patches) and with grenades, now HE rounds please ;-)

Edited by [GLT]Sarge

Sarge;1926581']now please BIS' date=' fix the CTD and out of memory bugs[/b'] along with the already named ones and PLEAAAAAASSSSSEEE fix the trees and bushes so that at least some HE rounds go through! You did it with rockets (early patches) and with grenades, now HE rounds please ;-)

Why don't you chip in?

totally experimental beta , ALL bugs go on me !

Notes:

Lot of crashdumps i got are still in WIP analyzed, but some were fixed and some hotfixed ... keep them flow to me! (especially from this build)

[79645] New: parameter "angle" for reflectors

I think it is related to config class "Reflectors {}" that contains vehicle lights and projectors. Before I saw angle entry on in gun`s flashlight class, and now, it seems, it is for reflectors too.

I think there is a bug in the move forward animation when prone.

when you are in prone position, and start moving forward, the gun you are holding, flips out to the right side af the player, before going to the correct position, it only takes about 100ms, the easiest way to see the problem is to press the forward button repeatently.

anybody else see this issue?

This has been asked before, but wasn't answered yet (in an earlier beta thread, about 79348), so apologies for bringing it up again, but I find this pretty annoying:

Usually, the pointer that you get as team leader is context sensitive, i.e. point it at a spot on the ground, and clicking issues a move command. If you point at a bad guy, it issues an attack.

However, since 79348, this is changes slightly: The normal behavior persists until the selected unit has a target assigned. When this is the case, the cursor becomes an engage command when you click on empty ground. This is particularly annoying because the engage command persists, you can not say "disengage", and even if you order "Return to formation", they will immediately re-engage. The only solution is to cancel the target, and call back to formation. Even then, re-assigning the same target will again cause an engage order.

Overall, this method, if it is intended, is counter-intuitive, since there is no indication whether the unit has a target assigned or not, so if you click somewhere in the heat of battle thinking it's a move order, it suddenly becomes an engage order that takes several "complex" steps to undo.

Again, apologies for bringing this up again.

Is there any CIT Ticket for it? I also find this annoying and makes AI commanding very uncomfortable.

Is there any CIT Ticket for it? I also find this annoying and makes AI commanding very uncomfortable.

Not yet, no. I wanted to confirm if it's a bug or intended behavior.

Edit: I'll create one. They might simply reject it if it's intentional

Edited by Varanon
Added URL

these who got crashes on this build, please send me your crashdumps and log

these who got crashes on this build, please send me your crashdumps and log

where do they usually live for this game? (steam version and normal)

thanks...

where do they usually live for this game? (steam version and normal)

thanks...

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

Rgr.. Seen..

Thanks

Eeh, I could not find any servers running this beta. Are there any out there?

Eeh, I could not find any servers running this beta. Are there any out there?
Guessing people are waiting for the animation descrepency to be fixed first http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19730

Not to mention the 'very experimental beta' notice :)

Why should someone run a server with "highly experimental" betas incl. old and already fixed stuff? Please can we get just a new 80955 "revised" beta build?

Guess BIS QC/QA staff need more coffee + time... :cool:

Why not? Getting back the previous one takes about 30 seconds. And secondly, I didn't realize it was "highly experimental" until later :D Yeye, it happens...

Don't care about bot warping that much but was the actual human player warping diminished with this batch? Has anyone yet tested this...