Sign in to follow this  
PvtRAGER

Multiplayer help

I have Combined Operations and I tried multiplayer for the 1st time today and had the hardest time finding a server.

Most servers listed just having ? for the ping. I find less than 10 servers with pings less than 100. I'm only able to connect to maybe 2 of them all the others I'm kicked out or session lost. The servers that I can connect to have 3-4 players and there isn't really anything happening.

My question is, are there not a lot of "pure" servers at this point? I'm aware of mods like A.C.E. but I wanted to try the pure version of the multiplayer first but am not having much luck.

As a new player to Arma 2, are most US servers using add-ons that I need to download if I want to be able to enjoy the multiplayer portion of this game?

Did you run A2 or OA/CO?

What type of internet connection do you have?

Um, I'm not entirely sure lol. Combined Operations has 2 discs. First one says Arma 2 the other OA. I leave OA in my dvd drive and play from that one. I believe I'm playing Arma 2's campaign off it, Harvest Red? My desktop shortcut says Combined Operations too, so its gotta be the one.

I got high speed cable. I don't know the data rate though.

Edited by PvtRAGER

c5 gaming should give you good pings and it's a popular PvP community in the US:

http://www.c5gaming.com

You are running OA most probably. CO is based on the OA engine.

arma2.exe = a2 engine

arma2oa.exe = OA engine

If the main menu is greenish, its a2. The brownish one is OA/CO.

You can play the a2 content with CO too - that's the major benefit of CO after all. :)

This may help you too: PvP teams [PvPscene]

You may find other sections of the wiki useful too. ;)

Yeah my menu is the brownish one. I appreciate the help man, C5 sounds promising. I just ordered upgrades for my rig (practically bought a new computer lol) so once my rig is good to go, I'll give multiplayer another shot.

No worries mate. Tell us how it works out when your new rig is ready :)