Sign in to follow this  
Travis09

AMD GPU 6900 Series issues?

i've asked you to show me few benchmarks, 300 pounds mobos vs 70 pounds mobos, where did you get that info from? CPU doesn't play main role? Absolutely yes!

looool - you need read more gaming tests :) get 2 different cpus and same rest components - no not will get any visual difference in fps - may 1-2 not more.

You are completely not understand how computer works.

Something telling me that 70 pounds mobo at least twice as slow than 150-300 pounds brands :)

But yes issue still here and I think it is not fixable.Zagrabad very slow map and many people complaining when playing mp on it.

It's cheap due to a lack of features, not speed. As can be seen here, here, and here. Asrock is no Asus, but their up their with Gigabyte and MSI now. Besides, like I said, with this EXACT same setup the GTX 570 had absolutely 0 issues. It's an issue with the game and the 6970 in this case, just not sure which it is.

looool - you need read more gaming tests :) get 2 different cpus and same rest components - no not will get any visual difference in fps - may 1-2 not more.

Jumping from a Q9550@3.4Ghz to a i7-2600k@4.4Ghz almost doubled my FPS and allowed me to bring the VD up to 4000 from 2500 for completely smooth gameplay with my original 5870. I don't just read game benchmarks, I do them. ;)

Edited by BOTA:49

just read 1 post before this one, and see how you FAILed. Now go read some more "pc magazines" instead of watching "pr0n mags" at WC.:yay:

I went Q9650 to a 2500K and updated to a 2Gb 6950, and don't have anything like this stutter, though I get a sub second pause every so often (nothing like in the video though). All settings high and VD typically 3000. It is wierd that the 5870 did not have the problem.

cj

WTF 72 fps? I never had 60, only by looking at the ground or to the skies!

I went back for you and looked at the sky.. Would not move around too much, I would think I could get some serious tearing from my little 60Hz Benq at those fps rates..

Getting back on topic, any luck yet Travis09 ?..

Edited by HR4 Elite

Jumping from a Q9550@3.4Ghz to a i7-2600k@4.4Ghz almost doubled my FPS and allowed me to bring the VD up to 4000 from 2500 for completely smooth gameplay with my original 5870. I don't just read game benchmarks, I do them. ;)

you wrong - you changed mobo as well you cant fit q9550 into 1155 chipset mobo that why got got more fps.if you will place i5 instead of i7 you can have same fps same as you change your q9550 with q9300 for example.

you wrong - you changed mobo as well you cant fit q9550 into 1155 chipset mobo that why got got more fps.if you will place i5 instead of i7 you can have same fps same as you change your q9550 with q9300 for example.

Hmmm..... I sincerely doubt the FPS jump was because of the motherboard (the only change was the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, all of which you can see in my sig below). And yes, you would notice a difference between a Q9550 and Q9300. The difference between my Q9550 at stock (2.83) and my OC (3.4) was staggering.

Back on topic. It's definitely an issue between ArmA 2 and my 6970, see as it worked just fine with a 5870 and GTX 570.

Edited by BOTA:49

You're fucking retarded or a troll. MOBO matters jackshit after 100€ priceline in gaming performance. "Doubling the performance with a mobo that costs 200€ more" How about a NO.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Hmmm..... I sincerely doubt the FPS jump was because of the motherboard (the only change was the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, all of which you can see in my sig below). And yes, you would notice a difference between a Q9550 and Q9300. The difference between my Q9550 at stock (2.83) and my OC (3.4) was staggering.

Back on topic. It's definitely an issue between ArmA 2 and my 6970, see as it worked just fine with a 5870 and GTX 570.

Have you tried OC'ing the memory? It seems like a driver problem with the 6970.

Thanks Primarch, I tried OCing the memory only, but there was still no difference. I never really bothered OCing because my core can't go up more than 20mhz without generating massive amounts of heat. One thing I did find out though - setting Memory to Very High and Terrain to High, the stutter is much much lower. Kind of odd that a GTX 570 would handle this as well as it did compared to the 6970, but now with the settings slightly altered it plays much better with a slight reduction in IQ. I'm still convinced it's a bug, but whether it's drivers or ArmA 2 I'm not sure. All I know is the game is now playable and that's all that matters to me at the moment.

i am using 6950 2GB and a 5870 1GB on different machines. Both run pretty damn smooth, but the 6950 has a strong cpu (intel 2500) teamed up with it and the game seems smoother because of that.

You're fucking retarded or a troll.

come down. I build more gaming pc than you saw on tv.

If you want have serious gaming pc using cheap mobo go ahead.no comments.

Somehow I frapsing game 1680x1050 with 90 fps with 3gb of ram old HD4870x2 graphic and i7 930 cpu.Tell me who troll.

Edited by kotov12345

I build more gaming pc than you saw on tv.

Tell me who troll.

how can we know, how many pc's did u build? How can you know, how many times he watched TV?

i would say, the answer is: YOU!

come down. I build more gaming pc than you saw on tv.

If you want have serious gaming pc using cheap mobo go ahead.no comments.

Somehow I frapsing game 1680x1050 with 90 fps with 3gb of ram old HD4870x2 graphic and i7 930 cpu.Tell me who troll.

"hurf"

Stop trolling.

Recording video is very much dependant upon HDD speed. Also 3gb of ram with i7 930? "Serious gaming PC" ...What? A "gaming PC" is a your packet PC with dedicated GPU. "Serious GAMING PC" is your Dell PC with an upgraded CPU + GPU.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Thanks Primarch, I tried OCing the memory only, but there was still no difference. I never really bothered OCing because my core can't go up more than 20mhz without generating massive amounts of heat. One thing I did find out though - setting Memory to Very High and Terrain to High, the stutter is much much lower. Kind of odd that a GTX 570 would handle this as well as it did compared to the 6970, but now with the settings slightly altered it plays much better with a slight reduction in IQ. I'm still convinced it's a bug, but whether it's drivers or ArmA 2 I'm not sure. All I know is the game is now playable and that's all that matters to me at the moment.

So the problem is not in memory. The problem persists in other games with big draw distances and lots of objects? Also try changing the mouse smoothing feature in controls.

Edited by Primarch

Nope, it's only ArmA. For reference purposes I reinstalled the game on my "old" rig (crossed out in sig) and installed 1.58. It ran beautifully. 1.59 I got a lot more flickering and the same issue as with my 6970. Both running officia. 11.9 drivers. I'm confused o.O

Nope, it's only ArmA. For reference purposes I reinstalled the game on my "old" rig (crossed out in sig) and installed 1.58. It ran beautifully. 1.59 I got a lot more flickering and the same issue as with my 6970. Both running officia. 11.9 drivers. I'm confused o.O

Stupid question: Have you tried official betas?

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

So this isn't really related, but I ended up getting a GTX 570, and did some testing with Laser Show (just real quick), but it seems to run a LOT smoother than my GTX 280 SLI setup. I am happy. :cool:

If u guys can use any overlay program, and monitor the GPU usage in-game, i notice my HD6950 hovers around ~50% utilization during heavy scenes, and this tanks my fps to ~25. If i can get >80% utilization i can get upwards of 50fps, but that never happens in combat...

So this isn't really related, but I ended up getting a GTX 570, and did some testing with Laser Show (just real quick), but it seems to run a LOT smoother than my GTX 280 SLI setup. I am happy. :cool:

I am happy for you, too :D

Now your ongoing hardware- and performance issues should be history :bounce3:

my gpu usage is mostly 99%. Vram is always around 800-900mb with very high video ram ingame setting. If i set ingame vram to default, it gets up to 1,2-1,3 gb, but then game lags like hell... I wonder where is the problem, when my HD 6970 got 2gb vram???

I am happy for you, too :D

Now your ongoing hardware- and performance issues should be history :bounce3:

I can only hope. :cool:

I actually haven't had many problems with the latest betas, but I think stability will improve a lot overall with a single card.

neuro, u are lucky to get 99% utilization. if i can get that my fps shoots to >60fps... vram is around 900mb with very high video memory setting. if i set vram to default, i get even better performance but my game will crash out eventually when i run out of memory. very high vram caps the usage to 1GB vram.

so i have to settle for lower performance but at least the game doesn't crash out as often.

i am beginning to see a relation between low gpu utilization and low fps...

lol wtf is this, im getin low fps with more vram usage, u geting better fps with more vram usage, but also crash. Mysteriosly Arma devs, and ATI GPU's

I normally run out of main memory RAM faster than i run out of VRAM, and that crashes the game. I got to as low as ~500MB of free VRAM once, which means 1.5GB VRAM in use.

i got 12gb ram btw and win7x64, i heard its been once, game doesnt like more then 4gb ram or so, or happens with ati card users whatever. Maybe that could explain my low performance issues with default vram?

i did some testing yesterday, wanted to find out, what causes bad performance with default VRAM. Surprisingly, terrain details at very high/high were causing most performance hit, also turning off shadows, HDR to normal, post process to low, gave me quite good performance boost. But Wth, with very high vram, i can play with much higher graphics settings.

Edited by NeuroFunker