Sign in to follow this  
saint_cs

Invasion 1944 w/ Domination 2.57z (custom) on Chernarus

Crimson Saints is currently running a fantastic combination of Invasion 1944 (latest version) and Xeno's Domination 2.57z (the last production version) with lots of fixes and customizations on Chenarus. We plan on porting this to Lingor, Isla Duala and Takistan as well.

Our server name is "The Playground". You can search for it in multiplayer filter.

This map is 100% playable and a heck of alot of fun.

Server compatible version of CBA is required and the latest version of Invasion 1944 mod (I44CO).

Links are available at our website:

www.crimsonsaints.com

We look forward to seeing you.

Saint

Crimson Saints

"The Playground"

www.crimsonsaints.com

hey, not actually able to download the mission from your site?

we have to join your server to do so?

Great work guys. I would love to know if you got the reinforcements to para drop in to the AO. I also started a domination put had that snag. Gonna give this a try when I get home.

Again good job guys.

Yes, they do get dropped from the Junkers plane.

and haz some neat tune at the start.

If you go to www.crimsonsaints.com, in the top right corner is the Downloads section.

The 2 items you will need are provided by links. The Invasion 1944 mod, and our version of CBA that runs on the server.

I just verified the links are working. Leave a message on our forums for me if not. I'll make sure you get hooked up.

Also, we will be happy to help anyone with the installation or getting onto the server. Our Teamspeak 3 server is:

CS.TEAMSPEAKCP.COM: 7135 PASSWORD: playground

To answer the other question.....

We have the C-47 plane able to load any amount of AI, as well as tanks etc. You can actually land the C-47 near the AO with tanks loaded and then unload them. The AI will parajump out with an Eject command.

They also follow you if you gather them up at the parajump vehicle (we use a vehicle instead of a flag). They will paradrop with you at your selected spot.

Thanks

Saint

could you please post the mission file? - I can even provide a no fuss mirror for it for the public. It would be much appreciated and convenient, rather than having to join your server to download it then to quit straight after because it has over 200ping from NZ.

You can download the mission pbo here:

Playground Invasion 1944 Domination 2.57z modded-Chernarus

Mod and development credit goes to Crimson Saints member Chekevic. He's been masterfully disecting Xeno's work all through the most recent 2.57 series (which of course came to a premature halt).

This mission is changing constantly. Sometimes 3-4 times a night as we find new fixes for bugs in playability or functionality, or adjust 'fun factor' items.

While I'm happy to share the mission, we would love to have people come and play the most recent version on our server.

Comments and suggestions for improvements, please post on our forums at www.crimsonsaints.com

Thanks

Saint

Crimson Saints

"The Playground"

www.crimsonsaints.com

thanks a lot Saint! -- and to Chekevic (and Xeno for previous work!)

Just had a go on the server and it was awesome! You guys did a great job of porting it for WW2.

Thanks for the fun!

rowdy

I tried the Saints server and mission last night and had a blast playing. Good fun and great job on the mission. Was great setting up an mg nest infront of one of the bunkers and laying down fire on the enemy. Was even better when someone flew over and droped ai reinforcements to cover our push to secure the town.

Great job again and I will def be playing this again tonight when I get home.

It was alot of fun. Tried my best to stay alive for once sneaking around and it worked lol. If I only hadn't run out of bazzoka rounds and the building was built of 10ft solid concrete walls I'd probably still be there now. :) . Damn Panzers!

Prototype 001, offtopic sorry, but cant' wait for your Evo version to come out.

Edited by rowdied
spelling

When we first ported 1944 to Domination, we noticed that only enemy armor was spawning at the AO's. If you disabled an enemy vehicle, they would hop out and run around, but there really weren't any actual enemy patrols etc.

Found it was due to a groups issue, where we had to actually create new groups from scratch with all the 1944 class names.

Now, we have full enemy foot mobile patrols etc. and it made the AO's much tougher and a lot more fun.

The modeling these guys did in the 1944 mod is incredible. I shot a Nazi officer last night, and he had half length leather coat and crowned hat. I was seriously impressed, and quite satisfied since he was on his back all bloodied.

And the German vehicles and machine guns put fear in your heart.

Great mission and great buch of guys. Please keep it up. This is now one of my fave servers.

Interesting stuff indeed.

Ill have a good peek at the code.

Rgds

Lok

Hi guys :) glad your all having fun

Ive still got a few things to figure out, like how, if its even possible to get the recruited AI to take part in the wounds script... synchronizeObjectsAdd just wont do its thing! lol

Tonight is our weekly Squad Night. It's open invitation tonight, so anyone is welcome.

The time is 8:00pm Central, 9:00pm Eastern

During Squad Night, all activity is closely monitored and directed by the commanding officer. No free lance play is allowed. Everyone will either be a squad leader, or report to a squad leader. Squad leaders report to the CO.

Tonight will be a combined assault with armor, air, paratroopers and foot mobile assets.

If we don't have any slots open, keep trying. Hope to see you there.

Saint

Crimson Saints

"The Playground"

www.crimsonsaints.com

We just ported 1944 Domination to Takistan. WOW!

It instantly converts it from a modern day middle east setting, to the Northern Africa campaign of the era. The wide open spaces provide some GREAT views of air runs and battles in general.

The best thing is, Takistan affords much better server and client FPS than Chernarus does. We were experiencing FPS bleed on Cher, where as Takistan is pretty steady at 48 server FPS and between 32 and 61 client FPS.

In any case, it's given me an entirely different sense of Takistan.

New Version:

1) Fixed Revive scripts

2) Added side missions

Known issues:

1) Enemy transport craft try to land at northern air base (which we are using). Looking for script to change this

More than is listed, but those are the highlights for this release:

Invasion 1944 - Domination 2.57z (modded) - Revive - AI - Takistan

http://repository.crimsonsaints.com/files/Playground_1944_current.Takistan.7z

Helo there,

having a go at the taki version as I type.

So far looks good.

But.....

No UK troops/jeeps? shame on you :) easily fixed.

Youv'e missed two troops ( one in alpha and one in bravo) which still spawn as modern troops. Again easily fixed.

When using ranked mode, one spawns with a modern weapon.

And lastly, as you're probably aware, there are german flak units on base, but as there's no allied equivalent I guess they have to be used.

If i find any other issues, ill flag them up.

Good work, keep it up

Rgds

LoK

ps is weapon resting off due to ai issues?

Edited by orlok

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm definately disappointed in the lack of allied flak guns. So yes, those statics are german. But, manned by BLUFOR AI.

Sorry about the lack of British items on the map. We are generally from the US, but I really enjoy the Hawker Hurricane. One of my favorite planes.

I told Chekevic about that AI that spawns in with the modern weapon /bonk.

Keep posted for more updates. Or better yet, pop into the server. We recently fixed an issue where the server was lagging due to the 16 core server it is on having 8 virtual threads. So make sure you don't use -cpuCount=16 in that situation. We moved it down to the number of physical cores (8) and it's running much smoother.

Thanks

Saint

Crimson Saints

"The Playground"

www.crimsonsaints.com

saint@crimsonsaints.com

Twitter: @crimson_saints

Youv'e missed two troops ( one in alpha and one in bravo) which still spawn as modern troops. Again easily fixed.

ps is weapon resting off due to ai issues?

Three troops actually, those are the playable engineers, they spawn with 1944 weapons and backpack, as of yet Ive found no way to make the engineer work with any other class name than US Army>Engineer....

Weapon resting is off until I fix some problems with conflicts with one of the other scripts.

The flak guns were stolen from an intercepted supply convoy :D

Has anyone the latest Versions of this Maps ?

The Homepage seems to be down.

Thx

hullo,

I have a copy kicking around, which while may not be the latest, its certainly playable.

When I find it ill up it somewhere and will notify here for you and others.

Rgds

LoK