if you're a subscriber, the location of where old versions is kept is in the documentation that's supplied with the product. i don't remember, right now, where that is.

@mikero Thanks, I'll look for the old version. Removing the line makes Inifistar not work.

@HorribleGoat I am not messing with inifistar, pboProject just doesn't like files containing the line  access=0.

infiSTAR_AdminMenu.HPP is in the mission folder & is needed to bring up a menu in game.

@mikero You are a legend storing all the past installs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\downloads

I did laugh when you told me that I could delete everything in the file but common sense should prevail.

Love your work.

well I assume when you say you delete the line you actually just mean you delete the words access=anything;  if you're wiping out other items on the same line, then of course that addon won't work anymore.

removing access= should have not have had any serious effect to that addon, Serious, unpleasant consequences to the engine and other addons if left there, but not the addon itself. A classic case of 'my addon works fine' but it breaks other people's. The author may not give rat's arse about that, but his addon and mod very very soon get left with a reputation where people will not have it in their game and he wonders why he's unpopular. I've seen the same same story for over a decade.

you really need to get the author of this code to get his act together, because backtracking to an earlier version, while fine, means you prevent yourself from ever being able to get new updates.

hey @mikero, Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but I've noticed a small quirk with the makepbo tool on linux.

If a PBo is created on linux, that PBO doesnt seem to want to work on anything but a linux server, What I believe is happening is when it goes through the directory and adds all the files, it uses a forward slash ( / ), Linux arma3server is clever enough to use either forward or backslash.

However Windows A3server on the other hand is a bit more stupid, and does not like these forward slashes
Link to example pbo built using the following commandline: a3_dms.pbo

makepbo -N -A -U -P -M a3_dms /tmp/a3_dms.pbo

I wonder if when you generate a PBO on linux, you could have it translate all the forward slashes into blackslashes so that the PBO gets created as it should.

I have tested the same command on a windows host and do not have the same issue with the pbo on a windows or linux server

Hello,

just today I updated pboProject from version 2.13.6.26 to 2.24.6.43 and DePbo from version 6.28.x.xx to 6.46.0.16.

Now when I'm crunching MP missions with the same settings I was using already before updating and also using Compress+Obfuscate the file size gets doubled in size after the conversion.

Here's one packing log where the last line is showing: "Overall compression from 4251219 to 3785890 (10.95% reduction)"

Before the conversion the mission folder and all the including files have a size of 1,23 MB (1,61 MB "size on disk")

I already tried switching back to using older pboProject and DePbo but for whatever strange reason now I'm getting nothing but mission PBO's that are double the size of the original.

As an additional observation: if I select Compress (but not Obfuscate) the file size will be smaller than what it was before the conversion and the contents of the PBO still seem to be obfuscated?

Before updating I was using Compress+Obfuscate and the file size was about the same size or slightly smaller than what it was before the conversion.

User error on my part or any pointers if and what has changed between versions?

@asmodeus

the dll has indeed put two more levels of obfuscation into the pbos to make it that much tougher for the thief to make any sense of the results of extraction. part of that is to increase  size to pad them with garbage.

>

I already tried switching back to using older pboProject and DePbo but for whatever strange reason now I'm getting nothing but mission PBO's that are double the size of the original.

not possible. Finger trouble your end,

Before updating I was using Compress+Obfuscate and the file size was about the same size or slightly smaller than what it was before the conversion.

reverting the dll will have same effect but don't forget to 'fulll build'

if I select Compress (but not Obfuscate) the file size will be smaller than what it was before the conversion and the contents of the PBO still seem to be obfuscated?

that is correct and that is what compression is for, to reduce total size if possible. the 'apparent' obfuscation, is merely the compression encoding.

file size gets doubled in size after the conversion.

that sounds about right. I have no plans to change it.

@proGreek

if the pbo file entries contain / not, \ that is a mistake. i will look into it.

7 hours ago, mikero said:

@proGreek

if the pbo file entries contain / not, \ that is a mistake. i will look into it.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Like I say, its only with PBO's compiled using the linux version of makepbo. 

Dont suppose I could make a suggestion for extractpbo? An option to ignore the prefix to just extract the files as they are in the PBO instead of recreating the full prefix path?
e.g. a PBO with a prefix of "\x\dms" has its files extracted to PBODIR\x\dms, when in the PBO itself they are not stored under the prefix. If that makes sense, I can supply a PBO if you need further info

9 hours ago, mikero said:

@asmodeus

the dll has indeed put two more levels of obfuscation into the pbos to make it that much tougher for the thief to make any sense of the results of extraction. part of that is to increase  size to pad them with garbage.

that sounds about right. I have no plans to change it.

It's good to hear that there's a sane explanation for what I was observing there earlier.

Thank you for the quick reply mikero and have a pleasant weekend! :)

An option to ignore the prefix

that's not going to happen.

re the linux/should/be/dos  a release will happen with the fix when killswitch finds time to release it.

Hi

I am having problems obfuscating a pbo with Pbo project. The error message is "In File \mpmissions\ArmA3_Wasteland.Malden\R3F_LOG\transporteur\dlg_constantes.h: Line 63 #define altered without a #undef"

I assume it is because 0x0C is mentioned twice. Would anyone know a workaround?

The complete error:

Spoiler

// Static styles
#define ST_POS            0x0F
#define ST_HPOS           0x03
#define ST_VPOS           0x0C
#define ST_LEFT           0x00
#define ST_RIGHT          0x01
#define ST_CENTER         0x02
#define ST_DOWN           0x04
#define ST_UP             0x08
#define ST_VCENTER        0x0c

//#define ST_VCENTER

//is: 0x0c

//was: 0x0C

In File \mpmissions\ArmA3_Wasteland.Malden\R3F_LOG\transporteur\dlg_constantes.h: Line 63 #define altered without a #undef

(line 63 reads: #define ST_VCENTER        0x0c  

Banging my head against the wall with this for a while, probably a simple answer. 

thanks

#ifdef THINGY
#undef THINGY
#endif
#define THINGY new value

the error message is a warning to you that you have probably mis-used the same define. You  must tell the compiler,. explicitly, that this isn't a mistake, and even then, it's an accident waiting to happen.

@mikero you are a legend, once again you pull through with the goods. Thanks for making such a great program with fast support.

Here is Mikero's answer if you have two of the same defines in an arma3 menu:

Spoiler

#ifdef ST_VCENTER
#undef ST_VCENTER
#endif
#define ST_VCENTER 0x0c

Thanks champ.

:) Aussie

• Thanks 1

Hey guys - I've encountered a fresh problem with pboProject and can't quite figure out what's causing it. The console window says 'b_ficusc1s_f.p3d trailing spaces in named selection(s) and/or properties'

I suspect it may be something to do with a fresh extraction of game data, perhaps there is some mismatch of names somewhere in the pipeline...any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated... :)

@jacknorrisuk can you post the full rpt error in spoilers. Looks like other people are having problems with Arma3 plants since the update. Can you change the plants to a different type to fix it?

I confirm that the complete list is:

b_ficusc1s_f.p3d

b_ficusc2d_f.p3d

b_ficusc2s_f.p3d

b_neriumo2d_f.p3d

b_neriumo2s_f.p3d

b_neriumo2s_white_f.p3d

b_thistle_thorn_green.p3d

Obtained through recursive usage of dep3d on a fresh install of P:\A3 using Arma 3 Tools' Extract Game Data from Project Drive Management.

I found that here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127302

On 22/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, aussie battler said:

@jacknorrisuk can you post the full rpt error in spoilers. Looks like other people are having problems with Arma3 plants since the update. Can you change the plants to a different type to fix it?

b_ficusc1s_f.p3d

b_ficusc2d_f.p3d

b_ficusc2s_f.p3d

b_neriumo2d_f.p3d

b_neriumo2s_f.p3d

b_neriumo2s_white_f.p3d

Obtained through recursive usage of dep3d on a fresh install of P:\A3 using Arma 3 Tools' Extract Game Data from Project Drive Management.

I see! My apologies, I'm now away from my PC for Christmas...but before I left I did try stripping out the plants from my terrain and it built fine.

On 22/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, aussie battler said:

b_ficusc1s_f.p3d

b_ficusc2d_f.p3d

b_ficusc2s_f.p3d

b_neriumo2d_f.p3d

b_neriumo2s_f.p3d

b_neriumo2s_white_f.p3d

Okay, I'm giving this another go now, with the latest versions of Mikero's tools today, and am now getting a different error - could this still be related to the plants issue?

During pboProject crunch, I get a Windows error box 'Arma 3 has stopped working' about 10 seconds after the console window reaches <Bis Binarise...> .

Here's the final chunk of data from the packing log:

Spoiler

"<Bis Binarise...>" 
""D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize\Binarize.exe" -targetBonesInterval=56 -textures=p:\temp -binPath=P:\ jnuk\jnuk_terraintest1 p:\temp\jnuk\jnuk_terraintest1" 
"binarise crashed" 
"jnuk_terraintest1.pbo not produced due to error(s)" 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

@jacknorrisuk jump on the arma discord and present your problems in the terrains channel

G'day guys,

I need a little help solving an issue that is preventing me using pboProject. Since the August release I get a "One or more tools are not installed" error which prevents the program from running any further. I have attempted multiple times re-downloading the entire tools set and then just what was required for pboProject. I had issues with the previous version as well but found out that it was just an environ path issue which I ended up fixing thanks to the answers of some previously asked questions 2-3 pages ago. I have attached 3 images with the hope of providing some visual information to those who can help as I can no longer think of anything and no other asked questions that I could find have my issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is an amazing tool, and more than likely it is a simple issue that I have overlooked. 

Cheers :) 

pboProject Error

Spoiler

O8mivdR.png

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin

Spoiler

5VqY5Kd.png

environ path

Spoiler

pRrJb6a.png

win10 does seem to have it's problems.

the location of makepbo AND rapify have been set in the registry when they were installed.

HKCU\Software\MIkero\Makepbo

it's either there, or it's not.

the exe 'key' in above for makepbo will say:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin\MakePbo.exe

if you are installing these tools AsAdmin, or running the tools AsAdmin, I have no further interest. The registry settings for an admin (as well as the pDrive) are different for admin vs mere mortals.

Thanks mate, It took a little research and a little fiddling but now works due to your feedback. I'll probably stick to this version knowing it now works haha. Thanks again @mikero :) 

• Like 1