Well, dePbo64.dll is in the bin folder, even though it stated(?) that it wouldn't be.

"There is no requirement for this dll to be global (eg system32), if all exe's use their auto installer." 

I used all of the auto installers, and all of the respective .exe files and .dll files are in the bin folder. The auto installers are also all placed in the downloads folder. There must be something I am doing wrong still. I've also installed the microsoft dlls just in case. I've uninstalled, deleted the Mikero folder, and reinstalled everything, and I am still getting the same error. I don't know if I am doing something extremely obviously wrong, or what, but I'm going crazy

the dll in the bin folder is not 'global'. It is local to the tool.exes in the same folder.

you should have got an error message when installing that dll if your environ path exceeds 1024 characters. if so you have to do it manually.

also the tools themselves will not run as admin. this is intentional.

the only reason 'rapify.exe' cannot be found is because the path\to\bin is not in the environ PATH=

I went into regedit and set path to the /bin folder for both deogg and depbo, reinstalled the other .exe installed files, as well as copied DePbo64.dll into the syswow64. Excuse me for not catching on exactly all that quickly. What little programming I know is self taught and I am not exactly familiar with a lot of terminology. Unfortunately that did not change the error I was getting.

there's no reason to do any of that. syswow, sys32 and system are only searched if the exe cannot find the dll immediately in the same folder as itself. You appear to be over-complicating a very simple issue. rapify, according to your initial problem, cannot be found. This has nothing to do with the dll, or where it is. rapify.EXE cannot be found. And the only reason why that can ever be possible is your PATH= is wrong in your environ string.

it is, that simple.

if you run as admin, you are using a different environ path.. but bottom line here is PATH does not contain mikero's\bin folder. Nothing more, nothing less.

---

i strongly suspect I am being trolled here with a pile of nonsense. So I won't be replying further.

• Like 1

@mikero sad to see you become so negative

@paranoid_giraffe do the following:

1. ctrl+R

2. cmd

3. path

check if "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin" is part of your path

if not, add it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, .kju said:

@mikero sad to see you become so negative

@paranoid_giraffe do the following:

1. ctrl+R

2. cmd

3. path

check if "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin" is part of your path

if not, add it

@.kju Thank you for providing simple instructions. My 6 years of programming is limited to Matlab and Excel macros, so I have never had to use cmd for anything important. 

@mikero I am not trolling you, I was just following instructions I was given without prior relevant knowledge that they required. I google'd "environ path", etc, but that does not help if you don't know for what answer to search.

Regardless, thank you for ridding me of the awful addon builder

MikeroUpdater;

due to circumstances, i had to change to a different web provider. This gave me the opportunity to make subscriptions fully automatic.

For existing subscribers wanting their regular updates you need to go here

First Register with Maverick using top left button with your subscriber email address, then follow instructions on the page above. You can always contact me on skype, discord, or email. They are in my profile.

For people wishing to subscribe, the old, klunky paypal method has gone away with a shiny new automatic system here.

• Like 2

Hi Mikero,

First of all, thanks for the tools - I subscribed because I plan on taking my terrain creation seriously :)

Nevertheless I am a complete beginner at this, which is why I'm following the PMC Ultimate Terrain Tutorial. However, I have encountered an error at the pboProject stage which I can't seem to get around:

creating texheaders.bin

using binarise.exe to binarise wrp

copying/crunching to temp...

..In File : Line 0 Generic dos error or premature EOF

rapify failed. View->output (jnuk\jnuk_terraintest1)

And then in the log:

17:48:05: Extensions:
"</texheaders>" 
'rapify' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The only difference between my project and the PMC Tutorial is I am using real world map data which I have prepared - could this be caused by heightmap issues or something? There are some different naming conventions too, but I've checked everything over a good few times to the best of my knowledge...

If I just had some steer on what this error meant, I'm sure its source isn't too complicated...but however much I have searched, I can't find any mention of this anywhere. 

Version of pboProject is 1.94.

Any ideas you might have would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks!

3 hours ago, jacknorrisuk said:

17:48:05: Extensions:
"</texheaders>" 
'rapify' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Is Rapify installed ? run MikeroUpdate and make them all turn blue, the try again.

You ignored the error when an install went bang. In this case the dll. Do what it tells you to do.

14 hours ago, mikero said:

You ignored the error when an install went bang. In this case the dll. Do what it tells you to do.

Hmm, okay - well, I didn't get any errors when I installed any of the tools. I just reinstalled them and the installers finish quite happily. 

Although, when you say the dll - there are only two dll's in the folder - deOgg64.dll and DePbo64.dll. Do I have files missing?

@richie I've tried running MikeroUpdate, but it won't accept my email and password for some reason...

Thanks for your help!

Edit: My bad, I downloaded the wrong Updater version...d'oh! Should have some more luck now. Will report back shortly. :)

Edited by jacknorrisuk

Okay, I think my Mikero files are installed correctly this time - but I am still getting an error, although a different one now. Now it's 'xcopy' which isn't recognized?

Although the packing log doesn't report an error.

creating texheaders.bin

using binarise.exe to binarise wrp

copying/crunching to temp...

....'xcopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

cannot copy jnuk\jnuk_terraintest1\Data\layers\M_000_000_lco.paa to p:\temp\jnuk\jnukterraintest1\Data\layers

cannot copy jnuk\jnuk_terraintest1\Data\layers\M_000_000_lco.paa to p:\temp\jnuk\jnukterraintest1\Data\layers\M_000_000_lco.paa

rapify failed. View->output (jnuk\jnuk_terraintest1)

Any ideas?

Thanks again...

xcopy is a standard windows tool

@.kju Interesting, so it is...typical! Thanks for point that out.

Could this be something to do with permissions, or different hard drives (ie. install location of Mikero Tools vs. Mod location)? Or just my Windows...

3 hours ago, jacknorrisuk said:

@.kju Interesting, so it is...typical! Thanks for point that out.

Could this be something to do with permissions, or different hard drives (ie. install location of Mikero Tools vs. Mod location)? Or just my Windows...

Did you have the folder open with windows explorer when you packed ?

you are running AsAdmin

OR, similar to your initial problem, your environ path is wrong.

18 hours ago, richie said:

Did you have the folder open with windows explorer when you packed ?

Which folder? Mikero install location, or mod location? Probably had both open in WE...is that not a good idea?

@mikero Should I always ensure I don't run your programs as Admin?

It doesn't look like the path is wrong, after all, in my last attempt the packing log detailed everything correctly even though no file was created. So, is starting to sound like a permissions issue.

Edited by jacknorrisuk

your original problem was rapify not found. This can only ever be the environ path=

you seem to have fixed that.

xcopy is an identical reason with a different cause,. the windows\system32 path was not present in the environ path for reasons unknown.

permission blocks sound like exactly what they are. with the added wrinkle that an admin pdrive is not the same animal as a user pdrive. At worst it doesn't exist, at best, it's different files.

my tools will not run as admin. this is intentional. It protects you from some interesting times.and a great deal of tears.

• Like 1

I've tried wrangling this for another 3 hours and still can't seem to get anywhere!

Just for the process of elimination - My Steam is running non-admin, my Arma 3 Tools is running non-admin (although I still get a UAC 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?' when I mount the P: Drive), and I'm running pboProject non-admin too. I've checked permissions for all folder locations to make sure they are all writable by all users.

Since doing all this, the packing log simply says:

19:51:44: Extensions:
"</texheaders>" 

...So, doesn't get very far...

Do you still think this is UAC? Should I disable it completely?

best join the arma discord to have a live chat with mikero and others about your problems

I think you're right...don't wanna clog up the thread with my Windows woes...cheers guys!

Getting the same problem with xcopy here.

Was working fine a couple hours ago.. nothing changed on my end. Was this even solved?

it's never solved if, the environ path= has changed, OR, you are running as admin.

Just in case anyone else had the same problem I did with xcopy, turns out it was the Windows environment variable path under System Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables. I just had to add C:\Windows\System32 to the list, and then everything worked fine after that.

updated links on the 1st page topic to free tools mirrors and new home for the subscriber tool set

• Like 1