Scientific study shows Mikero's toolset to be the number one choice when it comes to preserving the sanity of Arma modders.

All kidding aside, thank you for your hard work Mikero, subscribing and subsequently installing the tools was a breeze :)

• Like 1

you either ignored the warning when installing depbo.dll that it could not set your environ path. OR, you are running as admin with uac enabled.

There's extensive documentation for all my tools in start->programs->mikero\blah blah

they tell you you how i set the registry,and where my tools are.

I'm sensing irritation towards my struggles. I probably did overlook something, or I've forgotten it, or perhaps I'm just not good enough to use your tools.

Not good enough? I doubt it. Like many, you've been brainwashed into using tools that don't work, and now, have to rethink your workflow.

It's only ever after that fact, when things start working that it's all so obvious. The only good news is getting it right, each time, every time, becomes second nature. Ask anyone using my tool set how much easier, predictable, and confidence building, that is.

if your lazy (which i doubt), and expect everything done for you at the touch of a button (which i doubt), go play with addon builder, I not only can't, i won't, help you, My money says you simply weren't paying attention (which is being human).

My tools take no prisoners, one misstep and they expect you to fix it. And the reason why they are so vicious, is the tools are vicious to your pc. The one thing no-one can afford is a misstep that results in destroying your OS or file system. Something bis have yet to understand, since their tools will wipe out your entire p drive if you let them. My tools just won't let the causes of that to happen, and you are (currently) suffering.

• Like 3

Thanks, mikero! This community can sometimes feel a little elitist and unwelcoming (with a few great exceptions), but the words in your reply have given me new hope.

FREE TOOLS UPDATE

A snapshot of the basic toolset that subscribers enjoy is now available on dev heaven. It replaces the ones already there, handles type70 p3ds, and will enable you to make high quality maps.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Compression and/or obfuscation have been disabled.

Just like the previous free tools, I have no plans to maintain or update them. It just happens if it happens.

Note that this is the basic toolset in order that you can make and extract pbos.

For a full list of all the tools, visit here

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mikero_Tools

• Like 2

Just purchased :)

:)

when packing pbo with pbo project im getting this error never was problem until recently 

https://gyazo.com/ed...46e2071913ed683

i ran devp and p drive is set up properly

got it working had to rename the .source folder 

Has a packing process failed recently? Is there a folder called .source in your p: drive root? 

The packing process moves the processed folder there for packing and if the process fails the folder may be left behind. If this has happened check whats inside and move back where the stuff belongs if they're missing and/or delete the folder.

Or if you're not sure if they're missing from somewhere rename the folder and try again.

Just now read you solved it by renaming it. But I'll leave this here if anyone else runs into this.

Hello i have a problem whit the Mikeros tools i have subscriebd your tools and i become the Password but when i try to log me in the Mikeros tools Chrash the password is right and the E-mail also. WHat do i wrong?

They show me a hint
Cannot open Manifest
Unbenannt.png

i sent you the details by email. As far as i can tell, your email address is correct above, which means you did not type the password correctyl

copy and paste it from the email I sent, it works here.

and 'crash' is a very silly word to use. clearly,. it has not.

Hey there,

we recently bought Mikeros Tool in order to encrypt our mission file but experienced massive problems occuring during the encryption process due errors inside multiple .hpp files.

It says everytime there is a problem with "true and false do not exist". If i delete the reported lines it eventually works and the file protected but the mission is completely broken.

Does someone experienced similar problems and got any advice for us?

firstly. welcome to hell, and secondly welcome to a set of tools that actually work, and tell you when you've got errors.

a unique experience.

For 'paramflles' (mission.sqm. config.cpp, desc.ext, rvmats. blah blah) there is no such thing as 'true' or 'false'. If you have not done so for yourself using #defines, then bis provide you with #include "commondefs_a3.hpp" for this exact purpose.

Bottom line: for a desc.ext you need to explicitly state, before anything else.

#define true 1

#define false 0

this is _only_ required in a description.ext btw, because all other paramfiles can be binarised, And my dll transparently adds these defines without you having to fuss about them.

---

for other folks reading this, the above does not apply to sqf files or sqf syntax. In sqf syntax "true" and "false" (note the quotes) are valid.

Thanks you for your fast respsonse.

So i defined true and false in my Des.ext wich solved instant all errors within the tool. But somehow it still breaks all scripts with a GUI like VAS or MagRepack. 

Do i have to change all lines where something is defined true to 1? Like change enableSimulation = true; to enableSimulation = 1;?

Thanks you for your fast respsonse.

So i defined true and false in my Des.ext wich solved instant all errors within the tool. But somehow it still breaks all scripts with a GUI like VAS or MagRepack. 

Do i have to change all lines where something is defined true to 1? Like change enableSimulation = true; to enableSimulation = 1;?

1. If you execVM any scripts and use the tools to packt, it won't work anbymore. You need to define all files you use as a function in order to use them

And yes, in app .h .hpp .cpp .ext etc files true must be 1 and flase must be 0. Use notepad++ and replace all

I'm obviously not responsible for (and can do nothing about) tools or processes that also make this classic mistake. I kept it simple in stating that desc.ext is the only 'file' which has this issue. In technobabble, if my dll is unable to binarise the file in question and silently fix the mistake for you, i have no choice but to alert the user to it's 'wrongness'.

Be that as it may, be very very aware, that in sqf syntax "true" and "false" are very much valid booleans. Perversely, 0 and 1 are not valid and if you change sqf syntax to 0 and 1, the function will fail 9 out of ten times.

Bottom line?

true and 'true' are not valid anywhere

"true" is a genuine string'ed boolean.

welcome to hell

The best defence you have against all this is to make it a religious practice to either #define these names OR #include "commondefs,h"  at the top of any file where they are used.

The real answer of course is that bis should simply fix their compiler to 'accept' true for what it is. In fact, of the 5 (almost identical) compilers inside the tools and engine they do exactly this for modle.cfg and fsm. The others are too difficult for them to understand.

could you help me fix this error DeP3d x64UnicodeVersion 1.72, Dll 4.97

Type 70 P3D: unknown odol format

it appeared when I tried to extract a p3d model of ARMA3 i am using windows 10 pro x64 version 1511 build 10586.545
I installed Eliteness.3.45.5.49 and DeOgg.1.00.5.24 and DePbo.5.52.0.14 thanks :3

reverse engineering of binarised p3d's is verboten.

you will receive a password sent to the email address you stated when you subscribed. There's a delay until Paypal actually inform me about you!

you will receive a password sent to the email address you stated when you subscribed. There's a delay until Paypal actually inform me about you!

Thank you. Can you suggest how I can block their mission? (I am newbie)

@Sa1tama

simply click on obfuscate. pbos will not be extractable.

Also be aware ladies, that for reasons best known to themselves, bis in their wisdom updated bankrev to partially decode obfuscated pbos. To be charitable it might have been as a result of fixing an unrelated bug. But, you'd have to ask them why they'd want to hurt you in that way.

Also be aware that the latest dll versions still allow bankrev to do it's thing, but

1) will flood the extracted folder with hundreds of garbage files

2) the mission.sqm config.cpp's and desc.ext are empty. So check inside first before you folks panic.

(it's always nice to let the parasites think they've found a winner)

@redstone. always nice to have support. Not one subscriber in past 3 years has ever asked for his money back. :)

I obviously don't know your email address from here, but give it a few days for Paypal to tell me about you.

Maybe I missed it, but is there something set up for donating through paypal besides just an email address, like a landing page to help people become subscribers? I've only used paypal with ebay, and there's usually a process they walk users through.

EDIT: It turns out I maybe just needed sleep. I found everything I needed to know once I got rest, and then downloaded the July updates and began the installs.