$35 a year eh? Bit pricey.

It's a real shame Bohemia won't just pay certain exceptional community developers to work on projects like this.

This is one situations where I would like to see Bohemia step up and recognize the actual value of Mikero’s hard work in maintaining his suite of tools by granting him an annual contract as a consultant if not as an employee .

Everyone knows Mikero’s tool are far superior to BI’s ones, and almost for sure even BI uses them to deliver their content.

Please Bohemia… for the community!

Have following problem with DePbo.dll files:

OS is Win 7 64bit / The Files DePbo.dll, DePbo64.dll and DeOGG.dll are from March 2015 (https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll)

1) I installed "depbo.dll" into Windows\System32 (and into the folder "...Mikero\DePboTools\bin", where all Tool-executables are located)

2) the "depbo64.dll" and "deOgg64.dll" into Windows\SysWOW64 (and also into the folder "...Mikero\DePboTools\bin")

3) The installation path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\..." (as usual); All *.exe-files are in the folder "...Mikero\DePboTools\bin"

4) trying to start any program e. g. like extractpbo.exe (as admin) cause following error-message:

ExtractPbo.exe - Application error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Click OK to close the application

All other programs running without problem. Didn't found a solution on the forums, the error-msg (0xc000007b) itself seems not specific in connection with depbo-files (google), only thing I found was on "http://forums.bistudio.com/archive/index.php/t-160533.html". Getting all the newest MS-NetFramework and visual C++ via windows-update, can't locate the error, which causes this malfunction.

Any help?

Regards

marcomio

$35 a year eh? Bit pricey.

It's a real shame Bohemia won't just pay certain exceptional community developers to work on projects like this.

thank you for your later, kinder, comment. A growing list of subscribers disagree with you and think it's value for money. Some of them even putting in 50 euro!

What you're saying is you'd rather spend two or three days in hair tearing frustration than spend less than the cost of a meal out. The tools can't possibly be worth much, can they?

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

>Have following problem with DePbo.dll files:

I can't imagine why you put anything anywhere other than the mikero\bin folder which, the installers do for you automatically. Yes, older documentation, pre-the installers, suggest system32 etc

above all else and before all else delete depbo ANYTHING from anywhere you have them other than mikero\bin.

>The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

this is typical of an 32bit exe trying to use a 64bit dll (and vice versa) or a badly installed/not installed vc_redist.exe from microsoft.

I highly recommend mikeroupdater to solve your issues. It even has the smarts to get rid of dlls in system32 and syswow

Hey guys, has anyone else experienced issues when trying to run the FuturaToP.bat to intall the deOgg.1.00.4.97.Installer.exe?

I get the deOgg.exe file installed, but when running the FuturaToP program, I get an error stating: "deOgg is not installed. Please, have a look at the readme for more information. However, the readme doesn't state anything that would help with this problem.

What you're saying is you'd rather spend two or three days in hair tearing frustration than spend less than the cost of a meal out. The tools can't possibly be worth much, can they?

No, I'm not saying that at all. This isn't a dig at you or your tools and I wouldn't rather have "hair tearing frustration". I just don't have the spare money to justify $35 yearly for things which Bohemia should have in their haphazard SDK already.

I don't begrudge you for trying to get paid. I appreciate it's a whole lot of work and your price probably reflects that. My point is Bohemia should have made their own tools which work a long time ago, or alternatively they should buy the rights to your tools so we don't have to.

It's great some people have enough spare money to give you 50 euros for modding tools, honestly. Just be aware of the other end of the monetary spectrum - the part I'm in :)

Hey guys, has anyone else experienced issues when trying to run the FuturaToP.bat to intall the deOgg.1.00.4.97.Installer.exe?

futura2p doesn't work, or more correctly, didn't work when tested it. Use arma3p from dev-heaven.

Alright ive got tools working, but trying to pack using pboproject produces error when it comes to a custom .rtm file

Premature EOF preprocessing files produced an error

It does not create binlogs

Only Sign PBOs checked and workspace default P setting

All tools installed in correct place

;2891330']Statement from mikero:

Another piece of fallout from MANW contest?

Overall this is very sad.

Edited by Bumgie

I don't know if something have been changed since the last BIS update ... but since then, using the "pboProject" I'm not getting any PBO file even if the whole procedure seems to be completed without any errors.

Is there something I should know about ?

Thanks in advance for support.

Alright ive got tools working, but trying to pack using pboproject produces error when it comes to a custom .rtm file

Premature EOF preprocessing files produced an error

It does not create binlogs

Only Sign PBOs checked and workspace default P setting

All tools installed in correct place

my guess is you are using a PRE binarised rtm file that you made yourself. The format for rtm's has changed in the latest bis binarize. When pboPro attempts to find out what type it is (to stop bis binarize doing nasty things to it), it fails.

The only way round this in the free tools is to NOT prebinarise it, AND, provide the correct skeleton in a model.cfg

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

I don't know if something have been changed since the last BIS update ... but since then, using the "pboProject" I'm not getting any PBO file even if the whole procedure seems to be completed without any errors.

Is there something I should know about ?

Thanks in advance for support.

you are the 2nd person to mention this. The only thing i can suggest in the free tools is that you VERIFY your steam tools install to cause it to reinstall anything that's corrupted. Why that should affect my tool? I have no idea, it's not being reported as a problem with subscribers.

my guess is you are using a PRE binarised rtm file that you made yourself. The format for rtm's has changed in the latest bis binarize. When pboPro attempts to find out what type it is (to stop bis binarize doing nasty things to it), it fails.

The only way round this in the free tools is to NOT prebinarise it, AND, provide the correct skeleton in a model.cfg

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

you are the 2nd person to mention this. The only thing i can suggest in the free tools is that you VERIFY your steam tools install to cause it to reinstall anything that's corrupted. Why that should affect my tool? I have no idea, it's not being reported as a problem with subscribers.

I've verified my steam tools and there is no issue ... plus that using the BI Addon Builder everything works fine. The issue remains only when I'm trying to use your pboProject program (I'm using the latest version of it also).

Not that before BIS last update there was no issue at all.

I'm using the latest version of it also

of the free tools? or subscriber?

you can contact me on skype: mike.andrew

the fix was Aplion was using an old 32 bit version of makepbo

Edited by Mikero

I think I'm either seriously misunderstanding prefixes or I'm just doing something wrong with pboProject.

• Folder name is ice_acrehud.
  • $PBOPREFIX$.txt contents is: prefix=ice\ice_acrehud
  • Only file path used in the entire PBO is file="ice\ice_acrehud"; under cfgFunctions

Yet I keep getting the following problem:

scanning cfgPatches...In File ice\ice_acrehud\config.cpp: Line 63 config.cpp has externs but no RequiredAddons

Am I using the prefix the wrong way or does pboProject not support knowing which file paths fall under it's own prefix?

The above message has nothing to do with file references.

you have:

class whatever;// extern

class something:whatever

{

'whatever' comes from another pbo. and yet,

class cfgPatches

{

class myGreatAddon

{

requiredAddons[]={ /*totally empty*/};

so WHERE is the extern class coming from?

---------------

and your 'foldername' btw is not ice_acrehud

it is P:\ice\ice_acrehud

That explains everything! Thanks a lot, seems to be working now.

Would there be a way to associate pbo files to eliteness? So you can double click and it opens automatically? (Or a right click menu maybe)

to make a (series of) associations:

right click on any pbo

open with->choose default program->browse->select whatever-gives-you-a-thrill

to make a (series of) associations:

right click on any pbo

open with->choose default program->browse->select whatever-gives-you-a-thrill

Yup, that's default windows behaviour. But when doing that, and select eliteness exe, it won't open with a double click (the eliteness software does not execute)

That's why I'm asking

Got an issue with Arma3P, its not finding the correct arma directory. I have 2 directories for steam; one on a HDD for tools and the main game on my SSD. Arma3p is trying to extract from an Arma 3 directory on my HDD instead which doesn't exist.

Hello Mikero,

On Tuesday, June 16th 2015, your download for DePBO isn't working ( the links aren't working, and even with the Community tools Upgrader it doesn't install ). Thank you for your work !

i am getting same thing from sickboys' dev-heaven site. all we can do is wait for him to fix it.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Got an issue with Arma3P, its not finding the correct arma directory. I have 2 directories for steam; one on a HDD for tools and the main game on my SSD. Arma3p is trying to extract from an Arma 3 directory on my HDD instead which doesn't exist.

sounds like a pretty sensible thing to do. what i think you did was subsequently move (via steam) your game folder to somewhere else, eg an ssd drive, and bis haven't kept up with you. you'll have to hand edit the registry setting in

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 3

and set it to the correct location

I need to redownload the Mikero tools but I can't because the website is down. Is there an ETA on when it'll be back up, or maybe a download mirror for ExtractPbo, and DePBO?

Edited by Muhammad

i am getting same thing from sickboys' dev-heaven site. all we can do is wait for him to fix it.

Would you please provide another mirror of your tools, as dev-heaven is unlikely to be back in the foreseeable future?