Hello there,

When I run ArmA3p, after a moment, I have this error which Appear:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/35/1409442910-capture1654.png

I'm on windows 8.1

Thank you in advance

for whatever reason the command

copy f:\blah\blah\arma3.exe p:\buldozer.exe

has failed

you guess is as good as mine why that would be. it could be a permissions thing for the f: drive, it could be an existing copy of buldozer.exe is read only. it could be your anti virus

Could the pboProject be updated to understand symbolic links in windows?

Edited by HorribleGoat

What makes you think it doesnt?

Hi, having a weird problem, when I try to use pboProject to pack my addon, it tells me that I don't have the Arma 3 tools installed on my machine, but I do have them installed. I was using an older version of pboProject previously and it worked fine, but I updated to the newest version today and now this happens. Any idea why it can't find my arma3 tools install, and how to fix this?

pboProject is working fine but needs to be run using the "run as Administrator" windows option (right click on the shortcut).

My problem is that when I'm trying to use it with a folder which contains multiple sub-folders structure (ex ... P:\AddonMainFolder contains inside more than one sub-folders) then it creates addons for each sub-folder instead of one addon (pbo) as should be.

Is there any option for that ?

Do you have a config file in the main folder? If not, that may be why it skips ahead to your subfolders.

Do you have a config file in the main folder? If not, that may be why it skips ahead to your subfolders.

No ... I have one config inside every sub-folder but not in route folder ... and I thought that this might cause my issue ... thanks for pointing me mate.

No ... I have one config inside every sub-folder but not in route folder ... and I thought that this might cause my issue ... thanks for pointing me mate.

You're welcome. I think I read it here once: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/pboProject

Folders of consequence: The presence of a config.cpp/bin, mission.sqm. or desc.ext (for campaign) marks the beginning of a pbo for that folder and all it's children (if any).

Note that any subsequent configs in child folders are NOT pbo's in their own right. They become part of the classic, 'multiple addons within a single pbo'. This is the method by which you initially release one big pbo, and for subsequent patches to plants (eg) you merely repack plants!!!

heyhey,

i re-installed my arma tools today and while trying to set everything up again i ran into an error.

whenever i try to start extractpbo i get the following error (sry that it is in german)

http://postimg.org/image/ap3j4wsqj/

it seems to be a problem with the MSVCR110.dll

i checked the location where it should be and it is there. i tried to re-install the visual c++ thingy and i was just able to repair it, which i did. it didn't help.

i tried downloading and installing your tools manually and via community tools updater, both with the same results.

any ideas what i did wrong? (well, i asume i did something wrong, as noone else is complaining ;) )

heyhey,

i re-installed my arma tools today and while trying to set everything up again i ran into an error.

whenever i try to start extractpbo i get the following error (sry that it is in german)

http://postimg.org/image/ap3j4wsqj/

it seems to be a problem with the MSVCR110.dll

i checked the location where it should be and it is there. i tried to re-install the visual c++ thingy and i was just able to repair it, which i did. it didn't help.

i tried downloading and installing your tools manually and via community tools updater, both with the same results.

any ideas what i did wrong? (well, i asume i did something wrong, as noone else is complaining ;) )

Have you tried using Mikero Update? It could be one of his DLLs need updating.

You can find Mikero Update here: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

And are you sure you had the correct Visual C++ package?

yes, that site is what i meant with installing it manually.

and also yes to the visual c++ package. i used the link in his readme that you can find on that site.

By installing manually, I assume you mean downloading ExtractPBO by itself and running the install. The Mikero Update tool I mentioned can update whatever's needed automatically, just disregard this comment if you've already tried it but if you haven't, it's worth a shot.

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas. You could make a ticket on dev heaven, I think that's the fastest way to get a response.

Does anyone know why PBO Project throws an error when trying to pack, the error seems to be with my library sources used in Terrain Builder.

It says my files are not found or faulty, I know the path is correct, I verified the files through Steam and none have an error, i'm lost now

Screen shot of error http://i.imgur.com/Mjdw2G4.png

I thought i was so close to making my first terrain I knew something had to go wrong.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help.

Also i have no logs, the temp directory is empty, even with logging enabled.

Can anyone help me, im trying to use buldozer in terrain builder, but it just flashes the buldozer window and then nothing happens.

before i ran arma3p i was working normally after i ran it buldozer does nothing anymore not even a error shows it just flashes, the button is still pressed like its running only not showing.

please help

here is the buldozer.rpt when i run buldozer via terrain builder

=====================================================================

== P:\Buldozer.exe

== P:\Buldozer.exe -buldozer -name=Buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -disableSteam -noAsserts -cfg=p:\buldozer.cfg -showScriptErrors -connect=pipe\1608CE,8EDB

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11

Exe timestamp: 2015/01/19 18:37:25

Current time: 2015/02/11 15:29:32

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.38.128937

Allocator: Windows

=====================================================================

15:29:32 ManagerConfig()

15:29:32 ragdollHitDmgLimit (0.000000) is lower than minimum (0.010000) and it was set to min.

15:29:32 Initializing Steam Manager

15:29:32 ManagerConfig()

15:29:32 Steam Manager initialized.

15:29:32

15:29:32 ==== Loaded addons ====

15:29:32 =======================

15:29:32 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================

15:29:32 modsReadOnly = false

15:29:32 safeModsActivated = false

15:29:32 customMods = false

15:29:32 hash = 'DA39A3EE5E6B4B0D3255BFEF95601890AFD80709'

15:29:32 name | modDir | default | origin | hash | fullPath

15:29:32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15:29:32 dlcbundle | dlcbundle | true | NOT FOUND | |

15:29:32 heli | heli | true | NOT FOUND | |

15:29:32 kart | kart | true | NOT FOUND | |

15:29:32 curator | curator | true | NOT FOUND | |

15:29:32 A3 | A3 | true | GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 | P:\A3

15:29:32 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================

15:29:32 DX11 - Initializing DX11 engine.

15:29:32 DX11 - Detecting best GPU adapter.

15:29:33 DX11 - Detected best GPU adapter 0 : "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670", benchmark result = 68.6783, level coef = 1, total result = 68.6783

15:29:33 DX11 - Using DXGI adapter 0.

15:29:33 - adapter description : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

15:29:33 - adapter vendor ID : 4318

15:29:33 - adapter device ID : 4489

15:29:33 - adapter subsys ID : 675419234

15:29:33 - adapter revision : 161

15:29:33 - dedicated video memory : 2087387136

15:29:33 - dedicated system memory : 0

15:29:33 - shared system memory : 2147807232

15:29:33 InitSound ...

15:29:33 Error: CoInitilizeEx (XAudio2-1st trial) return 80010106

15:29:33 InitSound - complete

Statement from mikero:

Mikero's tools have gone commercial.

From this point forward updates to mikero's tools are only available to paid subscribers.

What this means is the tools as they exist on dev-heaven, remain unaltered and remain free.

Specifically the 20+ toolset available at: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

These are robust tools that will continue to serve you well. But, they are frozen and will not be updated.

Any subsequent updates, patches, improvements, or fixes, and any new tools are only available to paid up subscribers

The url address for updated exes and dlls is: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/kmp-dpbodll-up/files

Don't be surprised if you haven't paid a subscription that you get a blank page!

To become a subscriber:

The cost is $35/year via paypal to sloompie16@gmail.com (my daughter's email address, don't ask me how she chose that one!)

Make sure, when you subscribe that you include your dev-heaven account name.

What do you get for $35?

There are no 'extra' goodies or tools over and above what you have already. However <grin> you can fully expect the dll and it's family of exes to be improved on a regular basis, just like before. Unlike before, they now need to be funded.

Statement from mikero:

Mikero's tools have gone commercial.

A change in opinion forces an edit :)

Edited by Richie

So did you donate to him in the past using his tools? Essentially no one did and

he poured huge amount of time into the development for the benefit of others.

;2891392']So did you donate to him in the past using his tools? Essentially no one did and

he poured huge amount of time into the development for the benefit of others.

All the hate that the life servers get, now it seems they were just the first of many to start earning, I think i need a new game to play.

I really do dislike all the money and politics we have now, I miss the good old days.

Edited by Richie

Why? You can still use his latest tools up until now and you can use the (crappy) BI tools. That's what you get when you expect everything for free.

>before i ran arma3p i was working normally after i ran it buldozer does nothing anymore

My guess is you didn't pay attention to an error that arma3p found. It either reports 'success' or it doesn't.

I stand by his decision. He pours a lot of time, effect, sweet and blood into his work.

All the hate that the life servers get, now it seems they were just the first of many to start earning, I think i need a new game to play.

Most people are not made with them making a little dough. But charging for stolen content is where the problem lies. That was the big issue everyone took heed with.

Is it normal that in your last tool update, there is no more Depbo.dll for system 32 and only the depbo64.dll ?

Anyway, thank you for all yours works.

Is it normal that in your last tool update, there is no more Depbo.dll for system 32 and only the depbo64.dll ?

Anyway, thank you for all yours works.

yes. the dll and all it's friends are now fully 64bit. The updates are transparent to the user (in terms of installation). Also, all tools are now 100% utf8, which, in windows, translates to 16bit unicode. If you're Russian, this helps );