new tools release including:

updates to dep3d and friends (eliteness) for better decoding of arma3 p3d's

pboProject which replaces BI's binPbo / AddonBuilder and builds islands 'correctly' The bis equivalents cannot do so without some serious stuffing about.

improvements to deKey to ensure correct version2 bisign files (*some*) arma3 alphas were occasionally incorrect.

small fixes to dews to properly decode (and encode) stereo channels. Eliteness now uses this decoder to autoplay wss files

enjoy

you are using an early copy. the latest arma2p.2.5.1c does not require it

https://www.dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

okay,thx

in the readme.txt it still says convert3d is required though :P

now I get the following error .... MSVCR110.dll missing .... when running arma2p what would that be?

sounds like microsoft visual C++, but I think I have the latest microsoft visual C++ installed edit: I checked there is a msvcr110.dll in my system32

also I get a couple of "acces denied" and "betalist.txt not found"(which is indeed not there) errors in the cmd:

unbenannt99jcm.jpg

to avoid acces denied I thought maybe running arma2p as admin would help but then the cmd says "P:\ must be set" although I have a P:\ drive :(

Edited by Magicool

Thank goodness for these incredibly awesome tools. Mikero, we salute you.:thumbsup:

> I checked there is a msvcr110.dll in my system32

system32 is for >>>64BIT<<< dlls

syswow64 is for >>>>32BIT<<<<<

you need to download the >>>32BIT<<<< vc_credist.exe (url supplied in readmegeneral and readme.debo

>cmd says "P:\ must be set"

if you setp as a user, admin cannot see it

if you setp as admin, users cannot see it

welcome to hell

---------- Post added at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 ----------

dll auto installer now supplied as of depbo.4.31

there is no longer a requirement to place it in system32/syswow64

this should make pc's with uac enabled a trifle more user friendly.

you are still free of course to put the dll anywhere that gives you a thrill, should you wish to do so, but it is auto installed to live in the same folder as it's family of exe's

---

new dll handles BI's half-implemented array[]+= for configs

new dll now auto-constructs a cfgPatches class for you with correct name, units and weapons. See the documentation if you need to know the how's when's and why's.

new bis steam tools

DO NOT USE DevP unless you're the sort of person who also likes ladies of negotiable affection with whips and assorted leather accessories.

create a fresh p: drive

run arma3p and go make coffee or wash the dishes.

come back and start using buldozer and terrain builder sans hassles.

if you want to use arma3 binary p3d's on arma3 islands.

install dep3d

type at a dos console

dep3d -58 p:\a3 (and make another coffee)

Enjoy

---

Edited by Mikero

Hello Mikero,

When I start the DeRap.exe or ExtractPbo.exe

I get an error (0xc000007c)

On my second PC its the same Problem.

Sorry my Englisch is bad.:rolleyes:

edit: I solved the Problem. I need the vcredist_x86.exe

ok P:\ is ready

I set de External Viewer in Object Builder to P:\buldozer.exe ....

But it dosen´t work???

sdo3goza.jpg

Edited by Darktower

how do you use the makepbo.exe? it just starts a DOS window for me...am i missing something?

Thanks for these tools. I've found pboproject a lot easier to work with than addonbuilder.

Unfortunately, since the last Arma 3 tools update, I can no longer get pboproject working. I've tried reinstalling everything (all the mikero tools and the Arma 3 tools) with no luck.

When I now run pboproject I get a immediately popup telling me that one of the following is missing... rapify, makepbo or the steamtools (which I'm guessing is the Arma 3 tools?). I know I have rapify and makepbo installed and arma 3 tools run fine as object builder, buldozer and addonbuilder all work as they should.

Does anyone know a way I can fix this? It's quite frustrating as it was working fine only a couple of days ago.

you *must* 'play' armatools once after any update since steam for reasons best known to itself wipes out the bis registry settings (or maybe bis wipe out the bis registry settings)

Thanks for the reply. I had indeed ran the tools from steam to no avail...

And now, today, I've just tried again after the last update. It's all working again. Voodoo! Once again, pboproject can find the steamtools.

Phew, I can stop using addonbuilder. I really missed the feedback log you get from pboproject. :)

I wish i could have given you a better answer than above, but I along with everyone else are at the mercy of Bis telling the truth where their tools are.

There's no issue here finding my tools (perhaps obviously) and none at all with arma2 since bis no longer break it, but a3 is a constantly moving goalpost.

got it working.

Might I inquire how did you get it to work again? I've ran into same trouble since the last tools update and Addon Builder just crashed and deleted my whole map folder. Don't really want to use it ever again.. :P

(I can recover most from the temp folder...)

I had a question about packing pbo's, do I have to have my addon source directory in the P drive at for example P:\MyServerOnlyAddon? When I pack from other locations (like C:\Workspace\MyServerOnlyAddon) my dedicated server doesn't seem to load the addon pbo's correctly, it can't find the functions/script paths correctly. It's not a big deal as it still works fine when I use PboProject and have my projects at P drive, was just curious if there was a way to build from a separate location as I think I've been able to build other addons from ohter locations besides P drive (maybe my addon config is messed up or something).

Also wanted to say thank you for your Arma3P.cmd file, works really good for me and really makes it easy when they update the BI Tools to a new version, so thank you!

Gotta post here too if someone has/ has had similar problem. PboProject stopped working after the latest tool patch on my machine and problem persist even after complete windows and tool reinstall.

I've out of ideas on how to manage this. A3 Tools Addon Builder just isn't good enough to use.

I had a question about packing pbo's, do I have to have my addon source directory in the P drive at for example P:\MyServerOnlyAddon? When I pack from other locations (like C:\Workspace\MyServerOnlyAddon) my dedicated server doesn't seem to load the addon pbo's correctly, it can't find the functions/script paths correctly. It's not a big deal as it still works fine when I use PboProject and have my projects at P drive, was just curious if there was a way to build from a separate location as I think I've been able to build other addons from ohter locations besides P drive (maybe my addon config is messed up or something).

if you want the short and simple answer, pboProject allows you to set any 'EngineSpace' that\suits\you (via the setup->panel)

P:\ is used as a convenience, and, to maintain your sanity.

> my dedicated server doesn't seem to load the addon pbo's correctly

different story, unlikely to be the pbo itself but something odd in your scripts perhaps, or the -mod load order or some such.

This is what you need to understand. The game engine knows nothing about C:, D:, P: or 'my documents'. they don't exist.

The game engine only understands that ALL files from ALL addons, ALL scripts, ALL missions, start at \

What pboProject allows you to do (via check externals) is to ensure that any file\reference inside your pbo does indeed refer to something in \ (not my documents, not vnc:\some\where, just \)

And to do that checking, ALL addons, ALL scripts ALL missions, must indeed be in this phantom 'engine space'. Hence the need to place them ALL in a common starting point such as p:\. But, that common starting point can be any\where, *providing* everything is in there too.

At game time, the actual addons themselves can be absolutely any\where. some on C, some on D, some on vnc:\\ if you like pain

My guess is, you are not using 'check externals'. If you did, pboProject would *probably* scream at you that some script reference is illegal.

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Gotta post here too if someone has/ has had similar problem. PboProject stopped working after the latest tool patch on my machine and problem persist even after complete windows and tool reinstall.

I've out of ideas on how to manage this. A3 Tools Addon Builder just isn't good enough to use.

well the latest steam update wipes out the contents of your P: drive in the mistaken belief that it's an alias for steam tools. How all the source to your creations on a DATA drive is somehow bis steam's property beggars the imagination.

With that in mind, there's no real answer to what the hell else is now broken. All I can say is your registry settings are known to be screwed too.

Hi Mikero

any ideas on how to get pbo project running once again after bi's update?

still getting error on start up = rapify, makepbo and steamtools can not be found.

I have run arma3 tools also.

A point in the right direction would be a great help .

Thanks

Hi Mikero

any ideas on how to get pbo project running once again after bi's update?

still getting error on start up = rapify, makepbo and steamtools can not be found.

I have run arma3 tools also.

A point in the right direction would be a great help .

Thanks

check that you are not running as and administrator. my tools aren't intended to be used in that manner. And neither is bis.

the dos console tells you which tools it can't find. it's (almost) unimaginable that if can't find makepbo and rapify

the dos screen should say ... found for both of them.

as i understand it, it can find the A3 tools location

do you launch it yet via steam to make sure it sets the path in the reg?

make sure to backup your data on P: first as its said it can get deleted at times

Yes the A3 tools are launched from steam, the checklist gives green on all entries, registry and such.

Also DosTools are the latest version from DevHeaven.

Everything worked a week ago.

yeah but steam tools got updated with 1.26.. so this broke it probably