celery

COOP 10 Chernarus Apocalypse, part one

I too have this one locked in my scenarios folder for when I get a spare 10 minutes. Still shit myself trying to creep through the forest.

Just made an account. great mod! Got to play it yesterday, could'nt finish it with my mate, bloody hard haha.

My question is, went to play it just now and it won't let me...if i join my friend's game it goes to a black screen and then when it shows something all i am doing is following birds, can't do anything else.

When i go to host the game i click start and it instantly says i've died with "mission failed, you are now part of the apocalypse" anyone know what is wrong and how i can fix it?

Thanks!

Just made an account. great mod! Got to play it yesterday, could'nt finish it with my mate, bloody hard haha.

My question is, went to play it just now and it won't let me...if i join my friend's game it goes to a black screen and then when it shows something all i am doing is following birds, can't do anything else.

When i go to host the game i click start and it instantly says i've died with "mission failed, you are now part of the apocalypse" anyone know what is wrong and how i can fix it?

Thanks!

Ok this is getting rediculous for me! :( i can't play it at all now. i deleted and reinstalled the mods, about 4 times now. Just won't let me play!!! Really bummed about this because i liked the mod when i could actually play it! Anyone else had this type of issue??

Does it say resume on the server when you choose the mission?

You may need to "restart" the game?

Does it say resume on the server when you choose the mission?

You may need to "restart" the game?

I'm still on the server yeh, i go back to the lobby and try again and still does it unfortunately :( Yeh i have tried restarting it, just doesn't want to work for me :(

Hmmm. You sure its not reloading the last game you played? (not suggesting you haven't checked)

Strange issue I must say.

Hmmm. You sure its not reloading the last game you played? (not suggesting you haven't checked)

Strange issue I must say.

I'm just gonna uninstall and resintall the whole game and see what happens

Sorry if this is a very nooby question, but if i downloaded this mod how do i set up a game to be able to play with a couple of friends?

Sorry if this is a very nooby question, but if i downloaded this mod how do i set up a game to be able to play with a couple of friends?

Same as what this guy said, have no idea how to set up one of these missions to play with my friends, and it would be nice if I could be linked to a guide or if someone wrote a step by step for us DayZ fans/ArmA 2 noobs lol.

EDIT: I figured it all out, thanks anyays.

Edited by KushStar

Hello

Great work on this mission!

I have a question. I am trying to enable saving as the group of friends I play with aren't on often and we generally do not have enough time to finish this.

I've edited init.sqf to

enableSaving [true,true];

for autosave and manual (I hope :p) also made sure to change filename, add myself to credits etc.

Now I can see in

\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\SavageCore\Saved\mpmissions\coop_ch_apocalypse_1_v15.Chernarus\

the various saves and starting a new game gives me the option to Resume so that has worked :)

But upon logging in to the game I get this:

JZXpe.jpg

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Probably something to do with some of the repositioning stuff restarting, something in which I wouldn't like to delve too deep. The mission takes less than an hour to complete if you keep a healthy pace - moving slowly doesn't make the zombies less eager to attack you if they've seen or heard you like any other AI.

Oh, and please don't upgrade the version number in the mission's name.

Probably something to do with some of the repositioning stuff restarting, something in which I wouldn't like to delve too deep. The mission takes less than an hour to complete if you keep a healthy pace - moving slowly doesn't make the zombies less eager to attack you if they've seen or heard you like any other AI.

Oh, and please don't upgrade the version number in the mission's name.

Right ok, thanks for the quick response. I have no experience in scripting so this is all over my head haha. If I ever did change this i'd be sure not to change the version number.

Cheers will keep a pace next time :)

Hey Celery. I love your missions, but I have a question. I'm making a Slenderman mission in ArmA 2 do you have any good script so the one player that is "The Slenderman" Can hit the other players? :bounce3:

Version 1.5 has been released! This version requires the Army of the Czech Republic DLC. Don't use the DayZ mod with this mission because the mod erases data used by the rest of the game, causing you to spawn as a bird.

>Download version 1.5<

Changelog:

• Renovated the scripts
  • Optimized bandwidth and CPU usage
  • Added line of sight condition to zombie attack when either party is inside a building
  • Improved HUD
  • Improved loot sparkle
  • Fixed visible respawn marker
  • Fixed outro
  • Changed hit reaction sounds
  • Fixed absent fog
  • Fixed buggy healing script
  • Added a countermeasure for a certain DayZ-related behavior in players
  • Slightly improved the spectator script
  • Added camera shake as a hit effect
  • Simplified the incredibly difficult terrain detail selection feature
  • Rebalanced .45 magazine counts
  • Partially fixed the problem of zombies sinking inside the floor in Krasnostav
  • Radio and ammo box relocate if tower is destroyed

I've discontinued the Arma 2 Free versions because the games have become too different for the same code to work anymore.

Edited by Celery

@Celeery: Very welcome updates to an already awesome mission :D

Any chance of rolling this into Part 2 and 3?

damn you!!! as soon as i saw the news i thought "part 4 is finally heeerreeeee!!!". well anyways, sounds like a great update. will check it out with some friends later.

Added a countermeasure for a certain DayZ-related behavior in players

What would this "behavior" be?

What would this "behavior" be?

If you play it like the zombies were straight out of DayZ, the mission will tell you. :)

yesterday we tryed to play this ... awsomnes. And again i got same feeling i had when DayZ come out ... zeds are fcking fast and sooo dangerous.. its not an easy walk in park.

even yesterday we had several random people no one was playing stupid - that was great fun indeed

ty for this !

The Armaholic download was for the old 1.4 version for a long time even after the update news, please check that you've downloaded 1.5!

We have installed the mission correctly, we can play it in single player, but cannot find it in multiplayer. Can someone help?

Hi, really cool mod but me and my friends are having a problem:

*** SPOILER ***

When picking up the photo in krashnostav about 500 zombies (NOT EVEN KIDDING) spawns and starts hunting us. My FPS goes from steady 70-80 to around 10, that's how many that spawns. Basically we move over to the supermarket, kill all zombies, stabilize, and move up to the house with the photo killing our way there. First time we tried to stay in the house and kill all zombies. I had an RPK with 400 rounds, and I prolly killed about 200 zombies before we got overrun and died, and looking out the window of the house while dying revealed at least 200 more outside spread all over the city trying to get into the house. The second time we made it there we just instantly ran away thinking we could outrun them, we spent about 30 minutes running in circles trying to loose them. Then we run up the mountain for the next objective but all that was there was that jeep with not enough ammo in it to kill the horde of zombies, and not enough fuel to get away. So after another 15 minutes of trying to set up a satchel charge to blow them all up my friend died over in krasnostav with most (90% ie prolly 400 zombies) on him, at which point we thought that if he respawned on me we only would have to deal with the 40 on me, but no, after a couple of minutes the horde that was in krashnostav made it to the hill, even tho we would've been far away out of range for them to agro on us by then.

kinda a TLDR lol but yea does any have any idea what we can do? Is this a bug or is it meant to happen like this? Or are we just missing something? It's a really cool mod and I would love to be able to play it out.

Edited by Max Power

MaloW,

If you want to post spoilers you can use the spoiler tags.

spoiler

Your spoiler text

/spoiler

In square braces activate the hidden spoiler dealy.

When I attempt to join my friends game I get an error missing file regarding ACR.

I have ACR Full installed, could the map somehow require ACR Lite?