celery

COOP 10 Chernarus Apocalypse, part one

The beta of part two is ready now. Any groups willing to give it a try and report any problems and suggestions?

Celery sure, send it to me via PM please - SBP Team will gladly test it out.

I have to say this mission is superb, one of the most exciting and fun Arma missions i have ever played.

I have just played it for several hours straight with some other people trying over and over again to reach the end of this epic mission.

Just one little thing to remark on, and that is that the zombies seem to sometimes attack people from far off and still wound/kill them. Made us think there was invisble zombies first and stopped us from reaching the end at least once.

Apart from that this mission is just superb, im now looking forward to try and waste another evening on part 2:D

Just one little thing to remark on, and that is that the zombies seem to sometimes attack people from far off and still wound/kill them. Made us think there was invisble zombies first and stopped us from reaching the end at least once.

Unfortunately that's an issue on some servers. There's no reason why they would be doing that script-wise, so it probably depends on connection and the server's strength. Some mods may mess things up but I don't know more about that.

Hi, after getting firearms at the first geo-cache we went postal and started mowing down our hunters. However that was a bad move as we were soon scratched and kicked to death. One of us struggled off up the hill to the radio tower but on getting there, he couldn't find what to do. Any hints?

Edited by domokun

Unfortunately that's an issue on some servers. There's no reason why they would be doing that script-wise, so it probably depends on connection and the server's strength. Some mods may mess things up but I don't know more about that.

The server is abit on the weak side so that explains that then.

Still a brilliant mission though, it so nerv wrecking at times:bounce3:

Hi, after getting firearms at the first geo-cache we went postal and started mowing down our hunters. However that was a bad move as we were soon scratched and kicked to death. One of us struggled off up the hill to the radio tower but on getting there, he couldn't find what to do. Any hints?

You have to get the items off the guy in the tower. The best tactic when moving about is to stop and fight whenever a zombie attacks. Otherwise you will get swarmed.

Thanks but we didn't find anyone IN the tower. We saw someone at the base who seemed to be waiting for us but when we approached he turned out to be a zombie. It was quite funny actually before it became frustrating...

Is the contact in the tower's perimeter (at base but inside fence) or up the tower?

The first level when you climb it.

Weird. Not sure how we missed that one. Will give it a try this Wed (our weekly sesh).

It is easy to miss things when there is a horde following you :)

One word... SCARY, as hell!

Great mission, atmosphere, suspense and nervosity is ridiculous!

Me and nominesine played this for hours last night, after some drinks :)

We kept shouting in our headsets like 7 year old kids, really embarrasing :o

Though we never made it passed the radio tower, we decided to try it again with a vengance.

All seems to work with no bugs, so far...

GREAT WORK!

Laggy

Tell me something...

when you're at tower and recieve info that you need to visit a village/airport nearby, where exactly did u go for story to continue?

Edit: fixed typo :)

Edited by IceBreakr

Tell me something...

when you're at woer and recieve info that you need to visit a village/airport nearby, where exactly did u go for story to continue?

I imagine you meant "tower", rather than "woer". Anyway, try Kraznostav airport... maybe there is a building there you can get into.

Celery or anyone, can someone clarify; is this really a 6 player coop or 10 player coop?

Are the 4 extra slots for any of the primary 6 players dying and rejoining in the extra 4 slots? ie 6 player coop

Or does it allow 10 players to start as primaries (ie 10 player coop)?, or does this ruin the balancing?

It's 10 players and all are there at the start.

Awesome work guys, without a doubt the most atmospheric mission we've played, equal parts hilarity and on-the-edge of your seat tension. Making our way through the forest to the first ammo cache was immersive, and was the Blair Witch Project all over again, x5!!!!

Doesn't push CSAR Jolly Green off our perch of all-time favourite and played mission, but this will be getting plenty more rounds (we've only done 2 rounds with 9 players, and didn't quite get to the photoes; its damnably dark in those houses without a torch!!! I died pumping rounds into a dark corridor with no idea where the zombies were)

Amazing job on the gear loadout balancing as well, done to perfection! And the effect of the pyschology/teamwork/team dynamics of this environment has to be experienced to be believed. One player suggested this was better than Left 4 Dead, and another suggested it was a stunning use of the ARMA2 engine!

And all WITHOUT mods!!!!!! Gets a 'mission of the year' vote from me, no doubt!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Video highlight reel to follow.....

Edited by gnarly_rider

As promised..:bounce3:

Nighttime scenes without NVGs so watch in HD with the sound up...

BB1h0-g-muE

Edited by gnarly_rider

Hi any news on the Arma2 only version yet ?

for free 2 play

Am loving the fog effect in that vid and the background music theme is sweet.

Really works well for the atmos especially the night time.

Mission updated to v1.2!

v1.2

• Updated script base
  • Added more zombie models - server needs to run at least 1.59 beta
  • Added spoken lines
  • Added possibility to ignore objectives 1 and 3
  • Added new objective for clarity
  • Added new weapon and more magazines to geocache
  • Fixed radio conversation triggering twice
  • Fixed JIP issues
  • Fixed spectating issues
  • Removed ability to take a bandage from a live zombie
  • Removed unused sound file
  • Removed some exploitable positions
  • Compressed sound files
  • Made tower horde a little smaller
  • Changed weapon holder to ammo crate in tower to prevent it from disappearing
  • Tweaked crate loadouts
  • Changed M60 to PKM
  • Moved some units
  • Made zombies more resistant to leg damage
  • Take bandage action now stays indefinitely on players' bodies
  • You are notified when you receive a bandage or a friend heals you
  • Zombies may now drop ammunition (separate from their bodies)

A2Free version will come soon.

Edited by Celery