celery

COOP 10 Chernarus Apocalypse, part one

We always had the reporter slot filled. Break for the Geocache and see what you find.

Once you get to the tower, we killed the surrounding and gained a high point of observaiton ASAP.

Once getting the next coordinates and going to the airfield we ran our asses off to the control tower and camped the stairwell with a marine and his m104 and had me as backup for him. 2 players on the roof of the tower providing overwatch and guarding the ladders.

After that I'll leave up to you. I tried to not spoil anything.

Spoiler tags dude, please.

Celery, thanks for helping me with the nil trigger error.

I have also discovered another issue, apparently disabling ACE stamina also disables backpacks and putting weapons on your back (if using ACE). I just wanted to share this for anyone else having this problem. I fixed it by enabling ACE stamina by editing the init.sqs file.

Even though I have found 2 issues, I would like to say that this is still one of the best missions I have ever played on Arma.

I have also discovered another issue, apparently disabling ACE stamina also disables backpacks and putting weapons on your back (if using ACE).

To be fair, a non-ACE player isn't able to wear backpacks or put weapons on their back without wielding another weapon in this mission.

It has come to my attention that the simple yet hard to miss request of renaming the mission upon any kind of custom modification has been ignored. There is a mission that goes by the same name as the original one, yet it has new bugs and easymode weapons, making me look like a bad mission maker to people who don't know the difference.

Please, it's a very small thing to ask. It's not like you can't see the txt file in capital letters at the top of the mission folder.

Great mission Celery, just so much fun... :D

Im currently trying to convert the mission to OA only (without the need of ArmA2) because the guys i play Coop with dont have ArmA2.

One question:

How can i add Bandages to the Crates, just like the zombies with the "Take bandages" action ?

Thanks !

Hey can anyone help me get this working I Extracted the .pbo file to my ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

Cant find it anywhere when I load up the game.

Please help my brother and I want to play this so badly sounds awesome and love zombie games!!

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

oh and does this work with the standalone Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead ?

or is it just for Arma 2?

Thanks

Im currently trying to convert the mission to OA only (without the need of ArmA2) because the guys i play Coop with dont have ArmA2.

Sure, as long as you don't name it Takistan Apocalypse. ;)

One question:

How can i add Bandages to the Crates, just like the zombies with the "Take bandages" action ?

The answer lies at the start of cly_z_routines.sqf and cly_z_bandage.sqs.

Hey can anyone help me get this working I Extracted the .pbo file to my ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

The mission requires both Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Hello Celery,

Could you please add an Respawn mode!It is quite hard to play the mission in coop if you only have two players. You could make it optional, so people could turn it on, if they like to.

The mission is very entertaining!

*thumbs up*!!!

Players can switch to other characters who will be teleported next to the group. Doesn't work for the host on a non-dedicated server, though. Respawn would make it too easy and it's troublesome to add with the spectating system in place. The mission can be finished by two players and even solo.

Sure, as long as you don't name it Takistan Apocalypse. ;)

No, its Zargabad Apocalypse ! :p

Players can switch to other characters who will be teleported next to the group. Doesn't work for the host on a non-dedicated server, though.

Ah, so the guy who hosts will be dead without a chance to join the fight again ?

Would a respawn break any other stuff except the spectating system ?

No, its Zargabad Apocalypse ! :p

Read the terms and conditions file. :)

Ah, so the guy who hosts will be dead without a chance to join the fight again ?

Would a respawn break any other stuff except the spectating system ?

I would have to design a system that determines where you respawn and with what gear and when it is that you truly have failed a mission, and succeeding those, it would take away the point of the mission.

Ok, then i also will be unable to get respawn working...

With the name, that was only a joke... ;)

Ran a quick test and found a bug but I'm not sure if it's specific to this mission or just CO in general, I headed NW to the hill and came across a small lake which I tried to swim across. A few metres in, I decided to swim back fearful that I might have lost my Glock. However on reaching the shore I continued to swim! Up the bank and through the undergrowth!! Now I understand that this is a mission about the supernatural but that was weird...

Certainly isn't the mission.

WOW, after seeing your post in the zombie thread I downloaded and checked it out, 3 random people joined and it was one awesome mission!

Can't wait for part 2.

Awesome mission, we were really scared ,in the end when our ammo was running low :D Please do continue making these!

+Music, keeps on the edge :)

+Ammo levels just right, enough to finish but have to conserve some

+Dark and woods goes together really nice.

+Zombies usually scary.

-Zombie AI sometimes ignores the players.

-Maybe some voice work?

-Randomize the mission objectives so it will be more replayable.

-Introduce more Zombie types? Some especially hard to kill ones would be great.

-Zombie AI sometimes ignores the players.

Do they stand still yelling aggressively or do they wander about in peace even when you shoot at them? The former is because of a weak server and the latter was (should have been?) fixed by v1.1a.

You should put a note in the mission file saying no add-ons maybe. I used to see this and think "sounds cool, but I dont have the undead mod running". Nice job!

Do they stand still yelling aggressively or do they wander about in peace even when you shoot at them? The former is because of a weak server and the latter was (should have been?) fixed by v1.1a.

Oh it was the latter. Basically we go up to that tower, where you get a massive attack of zombies. After that they managed to corner us in a hangar, but they just kept wondering around without "hurting" us :D Will check the updated version, keep up the good work! :yay:

Can you make please a zombie survival mod style? like Degeneration 3.0? I played that mod but it have many bugs and the author of that mod is like,.. eaten by zombies