celery

COOP 10 Chernarus Apocalypse, part one

Great work Celery, this mission is loads of fun, but there is one problem. Every time I make it to the control tower, I get a Nil variable overridden error. Has anyone else gotten this error ? Is there an updated version of this mission, or is there some way for me to fix the error ?

I know it's not meant to be played with it but we are running the mission with ACE; the stamina system is literally killing us.

Stamina will be disabled in the next version because moving slowly and stopping for breath like an asthmatic isn't part of the design. I know it might not be so immersive to some but I want ACE players to experience the mission as meant, because they won't play the vanilla game anyway if their life depended on it. :p

Trying to figure out how the player takes damage from the zombies.

Damage is given in routines.sqf. You'll have to make a custom version because I won't go that far with mod support.

Great work Celery, this mission is loads of fun, but there is one problem. Every time I make it to the control tower, I get a Nil variable overridden error. Has anyone else gotten this error ? Is there an updated version of this mission, or is there some way for me to fix the error ?

You probably have CBA since you got that error? Yeah, I found that I left a nil spawn handle in a couple of the triggers and changed them. Thanks for the report! :)

No problem dude. This mission rocks as is. We played it 5 times in one night. Some of the guys I play with just want it a bit harder and with more options for healing, revive and junk.

Thanks again for the map dude.

Celery, I was wondering if you could make a mission where you play a running zombie.

You would have A.I. civilians and military with guns and also civilians without guns. You would have to run up to them and take swipes at them. Once you slayed someone, they would rise again as a zombie. The objective would be to turn enough military (who drop their weapons and don't pick them up, again, once infected) that you would decrease defenses around the base and increase your numbers so that you could successfully overrun the base.

Death would result in a quick respawn in another nearby zombie, to keep things frantic.

I would also like to see something like this in an Insurgency form, where you can pick on the map the zombie you want to respawn into.

One other important option: Action Menu "Moan" would call all of the zombies within a certain radius.

An MP mission like this would be best used with ASR's Ammo Resupply Script and the First-Aid AddOn, so that military and civilians try to keep themselves alive.

ACE wounds do absolutely nothing for missions that don't activate it.

Celery, I was wondering if you could make a mission where you play a running zombie.

I made an experimental mission after Dawn of the Apocalypse where you turn civvies into zombies and then they spread the infection autonomously. The biggest problem is making the AI (especially the civvies) react believably but a pvp game mode with player-only soldiers and zombie players leading their own groups might be possible with a little effort.

This proof-of-concept mission was made last year if you want to try it in the editor. All you really have to do is infect the one guy at the shore and watch the rest.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sw0j3374f3f1q64

You probably have CBA since you got that error? Yeah, I found that I left a nil spawn handle in a couple of the triggers and changed them. Thanks for the report! :)

Yup, Im using CBA. What did you do to fix the trigger ?

Yup, Im using CBA. What did you do to fix the trigger ?

nil -> 0

Celery we are loving the mission @ 6thSense, it's a regular mission for the last week or so and we continue to try and complete it.

I see you want to turn of the stamina system when playing with ACE, for us it adds a lot to the mission, more immersions and increased difficulty. If possible you can take a percentage of the original stamina, but removing the option to run away from the zombies makes this a real horror mission!

Perhaps just giving them soldier-like stamina instead of civilian-like? AFAIK there is a variable you can set for that.

Mission updated to v1.1!

Changelog:

v1.1

• Added 4 extra player slots
  • Added new zombie type
  • Added new zombie classes
  • Added rare instances of zombies carrying bandages (action instead of gear pops up)
  • Added damage feedback to spectator mode
  • Improved network performance by decreasing setVehicleInit commands
  • Improved zombie generator script
  • Improved CLY Heal script
  • Improved JIP friendliness
  • Improved trigger conditions
  • Improved task clarity
  • Improved Krasnostav store
  • Improved attack groans by making them instantaneous
  • Fixed spectating bugs
  • Fixed zombie behavior bug when switching to target in vehicle
  • Fixed random instances of non-reporters getting GPS at start
  • Fixed zombies firing shots before their weapons are removed
  • Fixed nil spawn handle
  • Fixed typos
  • Made last battle bigger
  • Disabled ACE stamina
  • Tweaked various things

Link on first page. :)

Thanks to the TFA clan for testing.

I see you want to turn of the stamina system when playing with ACE, for us it adds a lot to the mission, more immersions and increased difficulty. If possible you can take a percentage of the original stamina, but removing the option to run away from the zombies makes this a real horror mission!
Perhaps just giving them soldier-like stamina instead of civilian-like? AFAIK there is a variable you can set for that.

Thing is, I'm not prepared to tweak the mission any more than necessary for individual mods. I removed ACE stamina because you have to run a distance far greater than the stamina allows at one point, and having it on is not just a challenge; it's self-flagellation. You can make a custom version with a custom stamina setting if you think it's a good addition.

Edited by Celery

Mission updated to v1.1!

Link on first page. :)

Sorry but the link appears to be broken

Hello Celery,

Me and nominesine tried this mission tonight... AWESOME!

We were scared and nervous beyond what should be considered sane for a grownup. :o

Very, very well done, the stuff we experienced. Scripts, atmosphere and all.

We didn't get very far before dying and the night (in real life) was getting very late.

We decided to try it again next time we get online.

Do you have any tips for a 2 player session? Is a map crucial? What units do you recommend?

All the best, and GREAT WORK! Will give more feedback later.

Laggy

Do you have any tips for a 2 player session? Is a map crucial? What units do you recommend?

All the best, and GREAT WORK! Will give more feedback later.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who's given feedback so far! :sun:

My favorite class by far is the doctor who has eight bandages and a powerful handgun that usually kills on the first even in the chest. The mercenary has a very useful Glock 17 and can get plenty of ammo for it with no writer around. The reporter's map is not a necessary item, all you have to do is read the tasks to know where to go. The best tactic with individual zombies is to fight them as soon as they come at you, otherwise you will have a problem that snowballs into a horde very quickly.

I was toyin around with the mission and added "pastor" and "fin" to the CLY_zombieclasses. Zombie dogs, Im just saying. Awesome mission Celery, I found out a way to make zombie damage using ace wounding if your interested. Keep up the outstanding work man.

Hello and congratulations on a great MP mission!

We've been playing it a couple of times but never make it past the airfield because for some reason we never get the action to use the satellite phone.

Is there something we are doing wrong or is it only activated after some time?

I was toyin around with the mission and added "pastor" and "fin" to the CLY_zombieclasses. Zombie dogs, Im just saying.

Nice, I didn't even think animals would abide by the scripts so didn't even try.

We've been playing it a couple of times but never make it past the airfield because for some reason we never get the action to use the satellite phone.

Is there something we are doing wrong or is it only activated after some time?

The action comes up when the area around the hangars and control tower is sufficiently clear of zombies that are given the task to actively pursue and destroy you. One thing worth mentioning is that sometimes the zombies just stand still if there are plenty of them and the server isn't powerful enough. If you were playing the first version, try v1.1 which should have better conditions for the triggers.

Edited by Celery

Finally got through it today on the new version. Awesome misson. Definitely need a group, as me and my friend struggled as a two man team especially at the airfield.

Keep up the good work! Any idea on the ETA for part 2..can't wait.

Mission updated to v1.1a!

Overlooked a couple of embarrassing bugs but should be fixed now. :o

v1.1a

• Fixed players being removed from zombie victim list when player joins in progress
  • Fixed player unintendedly going straight to spectating mode when joining in progress
  • Switched heal action priorities

Link in first post.

Keep up the good work! Any idea on the ETA for part 2..can't wait.

Can't promise anything. It definitely won't be around for another week or maybe even two.

Edited by Celery

Nice mission we finished it today!! We are looking forward for part two! keep up the good work :)! Greetings tangodown

Great mission, made me and my mate laugh when being chased by zombies and out of ammo. Ran up the radio tower, lol. Anyway, I got a quick question. I want to add some different weapons to start with or just a ammo box to grab some different weapons. I had a look at "cly_addweaposn.sqs" file, but didn't understand it. I am new to scripting/editing etc, could you help me out please. Also, when I simply added in an ammo box at the start. All the players tend to fall from the sky and die when you start the mission. Please help.

Thanks in advance and peace.

I got a quick question. I want to add some different weapons to start with or just a ammo box to grab some different weapons. I had a look at "cly_addweaposn.sqs" file, but didn't understand it.

The scripts you want to edit are cly_crate.sqs and init.sqs. Init has a section where weapons added by the addweapon script are determined.

Also, when I simply added in an ammo box at the start. All the players tend to fall from the sky and die when you start the mission. Please help.

Something tells me that you changed something at the start of the init script for that to happen, or you made the player units playable by AI.

Can someone discuss the tactics here with spoiler tag, please? My team has trouble reaching anything beyong tower ;) it kinda sucks when 1-2 people move in while others watch and yawn :)

Can someone discuss the tactics here with spoiler tag, please? My team has trouble reaching anything beyong tower ;) it kinda sucks when 1-2 people move in while others watch and yawn :)

I don't know if i can call it a 'tactic' but..

Ammo strict conservation+1shot bullseye gunmen is 'thumb up' :rolleyes: